HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

2014 Trade Deadline Thread (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

vCash: 500
2014 Trade Deadline Thread (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Oilers fan coming in peace. I'm honestly not sure how much you value these players, so if you don't like the idea, I just hope you can respectfully say no. lol.

If Gagner gets back on track when he is completely healthy and continues to put up points, I was wondering if us trading him for Dubinksy or Anisimov would be in the cards? We could use a centerman with a bit more size and grit, and Gagner is still young and can maybe give you more of an offensive punch?

Old
11-30-2013, 09:56 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Player Movement Thread (All Proposals, Speculation, Blog Rumors in here)

December is upon is, not quite time for a deadline thread, but seems time to have something for this sort of discussion...

Old
11-30-2013, 10:02 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
Oilers fan coming in peace. I'm honestly not sure how much you value these players, so if you don't like the idea, I just hope you can respectfully say no. lol.

If Gagner gets back on track when he is completely healthy and continues to put up points, I was wondering if us trading him for Dubinksy or Anisimov would be in the cards? We could use a centerman with a bit more size and grit, and Gagner is still young and can maybe give you more of an offensive punch?
The trouble is that two of the forwards you mention are part of what little offensive punch this team has. Trading them for Gagner wouldn't really get us anywhere. Add in the possibility of Dubinsky being captain of the CBJ and his intangibles, I just don't see it happening. As far as Anisimov goes, his upside is stronger to me than Gagner, and he's quite a bit less expensive. I don't think Gagner is the kind of forward the CBJ need at $5m.

Taylor Hall otoh....

Old
11-30-2013, 10:07 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Edmonton should be trading for defense anyway.

Old
11-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Would I trade one of them for Gagner? No ... would I trade Nikitin for him? Absolutely!

Old
12-01-2013, 06:52 AM
jacketsfan77

Dubi? No. Anisimov? Yes.

Old
12-01-2013, 08:29 AM
bizzz*

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Would I trade one of them for Gagner? No ... would I trade Nikitin for him? Absolutely!
Gagner is making 4.8 million and scored 1 goal in 13 games this season. That would be a huge relieve for Umberger in terms of complains on these boards about his salary/quality. Even at his best Gagner is not a big upgrade at center over Anisimov or Dubinski. Offensively? May be. Overall? No.
And if you trade Gagner for Nikitin you get over the Cap.

Quote:
Dubi? No. Anisimov? Yes.
Gagner - 13 games, 6(1+5) points this season. 4.8 mil. for 3 years.
Anisimov - 25 games, 10(5+4) points. 3.3 mil. for 3 years.

He can't produce this season playing on the stacked Edmonton offense. What is he gonna do in Columbus?

Old
12-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Gagner is making 4.8 million and scored 1 goal in 13 games this season. That would be a huge relieve for Umberger in terms of complains on these boards about his salary/quality. Even at his best Gagner is not a big upgrade at center over Anisimov or Dubinski. Offensively? May be. Overall? No.

He can't produce this season playing on the stacked Edmonton offense. What is he gonna do in Columbus?
In defence of that... Gagner is slowly getting better, but he has really been struggling with the cage on. He plays with the puck in close to his body, and he is having a difficult time seeing it. Once the cage comes off, we expect to see his play improve.

Old
12-01-2013, 10:33 AM
stevo61

also do people notice that stacked Edmonton offense has 3 more goals then us and can thank Columbus for it

Old
12-01-2013, 10:48 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Gagner is making 4.8 million and scored 1 goal in 13 games this season. That would be a huge relieve for Umberger in terms of complains on these boards about his salary/quality. Even at his best Gagner is not a big upgrade at center over Anisimov or Dubinski. Offensively? May be. Overall??
lol, yeah right.

Old
12-01-2013, 10:55 AM
jacketsfan77

Quote:

We can play with stats all day long if you want to, but gagner has produced at a higher level on a more consistent basis than artem. i dont think trading artem for sam will put us over the top, but it would give us more skill up front.

Old
12-01-2013, 11:00 AM
bizzz*

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
lol, yeah right.
Great input. As usual very informative.

Old
12-01-2013, 11:11 AM
bizzz*

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
also do people notice that stacked Edmonton offense has 3 more goals then us and can thank Columbus for it

And we can thank Toronto for having so many goals for. I hope you're not trying to say that the Jackets has as much offensive talent on the wing as the Oilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsfan77 View Post
We can play with stats all day long if you want to, but gagner has produced at a higher level on a more consistent basis than artem. i dont think trading artem for sam will put us over the top, but it would give us more skill up front.
And saying that Gagner produced at higher rate you're not playing with stats?

Old
12-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Quote:
I love being lectured on posts that were entirely not serious. I guess not including the is my own fault.

Old
12-01-2013, 03:15 PM
jacketsfan77

Quote:
And we can thank Toronto for having so many goals for. I hope you're not trying to say that the Jackets has as much offensive talent on the wing as the Oilers.

And saying that Gagner produced at higher rate you're not playing with stats?
No. Its a pattern. Playing with stats is when you select a specific parameter to try and make a point.

Old
12-01-2013, 03:52 PM
bizzz*

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I love being lectured on posts that were entirely not serious. I guess not including the is my own fault.
Probably my sarcasm meter broke down when I was reading the Jackets game threads. I guess I can't tell when people are not serious any more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsfan77 View Post
No. Its a pattern. Playing with stats is when you select a specific parameter to try and make a point.
We won't significantly improve the Jackets trading valuable assets for a guy who's slightly better than Brassard with a questionable feet speed, below average defensive play and who's struggling versus size:
http://oilersnation.com/2013/5/13/sam-gagner-vs-size

We wanna compete with the Bruins one day, right?

Old
12-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

probably off on value, but in Hockey News' rumor roundup they said Washington should look to Nikitin to pair with Mike Green...so i was thinking we help them out and they help us out...

Nikitin and Umberger

for

Erat and Burakovsky

Old
12-02-2013, 02:16 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
probably off on value, but in Hockey News' rumor roundup they said Washington should look to Nikitin to pair with Mike Green...so i was thinking we help them out and they help us out...

Nikitin and Umberger

for

Erat and Burakovsky
Rimmer's head would explode if the Jackets had Burakovsky and Bobrovsky.

Old
12-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Double-Shift Lasse
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Rimmer's head would explode if the Jackets had Burakovsky and Bobrovsky.
I was opposed to that proposal until you mentioned this.

Old
12-02-2013, 06:11 PM
major major

Quote:

Nikitin and Umberger

for

Erat and Burakovsky
I think its an excellent framework for a deal, though we'd have to retain substantial salary -- Umberger's contract has 4 years left, Erat's only two.

Old
12-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I was opposed to that proposal until you mentioned this.
Agreed.

Old
12-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

my favorite thing about this board.... "i dislike it, but you'll have to figure out why i dislike it"

Old
12-03-2013, 04:51 AM
Double-Shift Lasse
Just post better

Quote:
my favorite thing about this board.... "i dislike it, but you'll have to figure out why i dislike it"
Since you didn't quote anyone, and since this post doesn't really make any sense absent context, I'll answer as though it was directed at my post, since it's possible the lack of explanation comes from the first half of my post above, and tell you we've been all through the Erat thing in a separate thread. Don't take it personally, though, unless you're Jeff Rimer, because the second part of my post was much more important than the first.

Old
12-03-2013, 07:11 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Great input. As usual very informative.
You really don't read my posts much do you. I'm overly verbose. So don't pull that "as usual" nonsense. In this case; all I wanted to do was express my disagreement. Beyond that, I don't care to discuss that topic since you framed this year in a way that makes your point look good. It's misleading and very poor analysis.

Not worth the time.

Old
12-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Since you didn't quote anyone, and since this post doesn't really make any sense absent context, I'll answer as though it was directed at my post, since it's possible the lack of explanation comes from the first half of my post above, and tell you we've been all through the Erat thing in a separate thread. Don't take it personally, though, unless you're Jeff Rimer, because the second part of my post was much more important than the first.
it was really more in jest due to the trade boards and how most posts do not have any rationale anymore for why something is bad...the trade was more in thought to they need a defensive dman, want to rid themselves of erat, and they have a good prospect that would be good for us to get in the pipeline...would be a way to get umby's contract off the books and give us a bit of flexibility...i understand many's desire to not obtain erat, but in this case, i feel the ends justify the means...

Closed Thread