HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Clutterbuck/Nino Talk

Old
12-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Glad for you. I still think Snow got owned, pissed away a 5th overall pick.

Did CC fans think he'd go four yrs in an isles jersey and never contribute?

He is exactly what Wild fans said: a high end grinder.
Yeah, but the thread is about CC not the trade.

And, I though he was great last night and agree with what everybody is saying.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2013, 12:18 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Yeah, but the thread is about CC not the trade.

And, I though he was great last night and agree with what everybody is saying.
This thread was bumped a day or so ago, with one of the new posts discussing Nino and the trade.

Posters should not bring up Nino and the trade if posters don't want opinions on the trade.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Hip Of Rick
Snow Must Go!

vCash: 50
Clutterbuck is still a 4th line penalty killer who can skate. He has potential to play on the 3rd line and won't look too out of place. Everyone ignores we pay 2.5 million as a budget team for that.

Remember that guy Nino who could have helped our secondary scoring. He would be 5th on our team in points...

Hip Of Rick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:23 PM
ScaredStreit

vCash: 807
Clutterbuck is good and I like him on the team. But not at the price we paid. Gm garf has been making lousy trades lately

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

We could of offered Kirril Kabanov for Clutterbuck and I would of been fine with it. Considering that Garth Snow has spent more time developing a "whiny and immature" Russian 3rd rounder then he did with a 1st round pick in Nino who lacked "character" when all he wanted to do was play.

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Clutterbuck is still a 4th line penalty killer who can skate. He has potential to play on the 3rd line and won't look too out of place. Everyone ignores we pay 2.5 million as a budget team for that.

Remember that guy Nino who could have helped our secondary scoring. He would be 5th on our team in points...
No guarantee that Nino would be in that position on our team. Apples and oranges comparison.

12-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Hip Of Rick
Snow Must Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
No guarantee that Nino would be in that position on our team. Apples and oranges comparison.
Nino could easily play on the 2nd line over Bailey/Grabner/PMB and whoever else has been put in that spot so far this year.

Clutterbuck making 2.5 million on a budget team is a criminal move. Clutterbuck is a small upgrade over Matt Martin. I like Clutterbuck as a player I hate his salary and I hate that we gave up a player with size that will probably score 20 goals as early as next season for a checker.

Hip Of Rick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 09:08 PM
A Pointed Stick
Dr. Bellows, To You

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
I was fine with the trade at the time. Whatever. But, I've grown to not like Clutterbuck because he's a weasel, a diver and a embellisher. It's disgraceful.
I thought you were talking about Wang there for a second.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 07:51 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

vCash: 250
[QUOTE=Dutch Frost;76631255]We could of offered Kirril Kabanov for Clutterbuck and I would of been fine with it. QUOTE]

That would be like offering Kabanov for Matt Martin. Martin is a fan favorite who fights. Clutterbuck was a huge fan favorite in Minny who scores more than Martin.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 09:38 AM
seabass45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
We could of offered Kirril Kabanov for Clutterbuck and I would of been fine with it. Considering that Garth Snow has spent more time developing a "whiny and immature" Russian 3rd rounder then he did with a 1st round pick in Nino who lacked "character" when all he wanted to do was play.
Well of course you would have been fine with it. Minnesota wouldn't have done it though.

seabass45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass45 View Post
Well of course you would have been fine with it. Minnesota wouldn't have done it though.
Oh really? We couldnt have offered a prospect for a 4th line grinder??? Was he really worth Nino?? LMAO stop.. please stop

On another note I love this thread because its not OK to bash Cal but yet there is another thread where it is ok to hate on Thomas Vanek who is actually producing for this team.

Do you any of you people actually know how the game of Hockey works? You put that little black rubbery thing in the net and you get a goal. Hits are important but without that goal you lose.

Last edited by PWJunior: 12-23-2013 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Not necessary
Old
12-23-2013, 12:35 PM
seabass45

Quote:
Oh really? We couldnt have offered a prospect for a 4th line grinder??? Was he really worth Nino?? LMAO stop.. please stop

On another note I love this thread because its not OK to bash Cal but yet there is another thread where it is ok to hate on Thomas Vanek who is actually producing for this team.

Do you any of you people actually know how the game of Hockey works? You put that little black rubbery thing in the net and you get a goal. Hits are important but without that goal you lose.
I didn't say that. By all means offer Kabanov for Clutterbuck, doesn't mean they'll take it, it's a terrible offer.

Cal is on the 3rd line and PK. I'm going to ignore you now because this is annoying and miserable.

seabass45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 12:55 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

Quote:

Yes this is true. But not all goals are highlight goals. The way you score a majority of your goals is to force your opponent in mistakes. This is usually and best done through being physical and aggressive. No one likes to get knocked on their butts and when it is done with regularity it forces your opponent to turn the puck over. Mistakes=turnovers=goals.

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 02:36 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:

If we had a real coach and a defense.....Cal looks far better as an addition. You put Ninoshow out instead and we may see a few goals this year but our game play overall doesn't improve and the lockerroom certainly doesn't look good.

I do the trade yet again without thinking twice. Cal is a cog on a winning team if we ever produce one {get a defense and new coach}. Nino is a scoring kid with size. Chemistry trumps stats. But stats are important......so we hope Strome and others improve.

And Bailey shows a pulse.

And those fourth line grinders like Martin, Cal, CMac, Cizikas and Boulton show up big throughout and give us an edge.....like they did for many solid teams from NYI to Edmonton to Detroit to Philly to Pitt.....and Nino racks up points elsewhere. He never would have here. He needed the rebirth trade like Bertuzzi did. No point looking back. In fact, we should hope we've changed going forward {waiting on Strome and our D prospects}.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 02:46 PM
startainfection*

clutterbuck haters are stupid

startainfection* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 02:52 PM
YearlyLottery

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
Great argument!

People don't have a problem with Clutterbuck it's the trade..

YearlyLottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 03:37 PM
ScaredStreit

vCash: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
There was no guarantee that Luongo would thrived on the Isles-does that mean that that trade wasn't bad?

CC's a good bottom-six player. But nothing more.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Isles75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
There was no guarantee that Luongo would thrived on the Isles-does that mean that that trade wasn't bad?

CC's a good bottom-six player. But nothing more.
Exactly!

Nobody dislikes Clutterbuck as a player. I actually like what he brings to the Isles.

But I dislike however, giving up a top 5 1st round pick with huge upside to obtain a guy like Clutterbuck.

So far in Minnesota, Nino has been everything Clutterback has been—hitting and being physical— AND brings a dynamic offensive game. In that dumb trade, we lost what could have been JT's winger for the next decade.

Again it's about asset management . The picks and Moulson could have been used to bring in quality veteran defensemen who make us better NOW and also help defensive prospects to develop while here.

Isles75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
So are the people that hate Vanek but yet there is a thread filled with those people who have no clue how the game of Hockey is played.

I dont really care for Clutterbuck, I like his aggressive game but hate his trade price and I also find his contract ridiculous but yet that is on the GM. I dont want him to fail but I wont be expecting him to do anything significant for this team while he is playing here. If he scores a few goals fantastic but sorry if I am not going to be going out to buy his jersey in the near future.

Old
12-24-2013, 12:52 AM
Schwartzee

Quote:
So are the people that hate Vanek but yet there is a thread filled with those people who have no clue how the game of Hockey is played.

I dont really care for Clutterbuck, I like his aggressive game but hate his trade price and I also find his contract ridiculous but yet that is on the GM. I dont want him to fail but I wont be expecting him to do anything significant for this team while he is playing here. If he scores a few goals fantastic but sorry if I am not going to be going out to buy his jersey in the near future.
You're right, go buy a Vanek jersey.

Schwartzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 01:23 AM
JohnTonelliRises
Tonelli Approves↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles75 View Post
Exactly!

Nobody dislikes Clutterbuck as a player. I actually like what he brings to the Isles.

But I dislike however, giving up a top 5 1st round pick with huge upside to obtain a guy like Clutterbuck.

So far in Minnesota, Nino has been everything Clutterback has been—hitting and being physical— AND brings a dynamic offensive game. In that dumb trade, we lost what could have been JT's winger for the next decade.

Again it's about asset management . The picks and Moulson could have been used to bring in quality veteran defensemen who make us better NOW and also help defensive prospects to develop while here.
I doubt Nino could play as aggressively as Clutterbuck and I don't see Nino's dynamic offense game yet. Maybe in the future at some point, but I wouldn't exactly call his offensive game "dynamic" at the moment.

Secondly, Clutterbuck actually seems to actually bring energy to his line, something that Nino lacks.

Thirdly, the reason why Nino was thrown out of here was because he was stomping his feet like a baby about not being in the NHL (overplaying his value to the team at the time).

Also, let us not forget that Cal didn't make the trade himself, so let's hate the GM, not the player.

I may have my foot in my mouth at some point in the future, but as of now I would take Cal any day of the week over Nino.

Did we forget the other JT (Jeff Tambellini) all too soon?

JohnTonelliRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 04:05 AM
Killerlnstinct
Infector Of Souls

Send a message via MSN to Killerlnstinct
Nino is tearing it up!!! 17 points thus far (2 in December).

Killerlnstinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 05:08 AM
Snapshotgoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
Nino is tearing it up!!! 17 points thus far (2 in December).
Cal Clutterbuck is tearing it up this year!! 6 points so far with a 2.5 Mil contract.

Snapshotgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartzee View Post
You're right, go buy a Vanek jersey.
I dont buy Hockey jerseys.. Complete waste of money and Ill never wear them.

Old
12-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Killerlnstinct
Infector Of Souls

Send a message via MSN to Killerlnstinct
Quote:
I remember him going to the WJC and tearing up for Team Switzerland. That's what I remember after the 2nd half in Bridgeport after he felt he got dissed by a 2 bit lame GM who used him to circumvent the cap.

If you work hard for that promotion at your job and then you get snubbed, I too would be updating my resume and looking to go elsewhere. Does that make me a sulking baby?
Nino with 2 points in December, wonder when he starts demanding a trade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshotgoal View Post
Cal Clutterbuck is tearing it up this year!! 6 points so far with a 2.5 Mil contract.
Nino is payed to score. Clutterbuck is paid to hit,agitate,kill penalties, and bring energy to our team. It's all about the stats though. Also, CC has 1 point this month and Nino 2.

Killerlnstinct is offline   Reply With Quote