HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good news..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2013, 09:18 PM
  #1
sensrmyheart*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Good news..

At this time in 2006, we were 13-12-1 amounting to 27 points, only three points separating us and that 2006-2007 team. All I see it taking is one good trade and a hot streak, and I trust THE STACHE!

sensrmyheart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:22 PM
  #2
SenzZen
Rik Norris
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,701
vCash: 500
Bless your heart.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 10:54 PM
  #3
2Cowen
Registered User
 
2Cowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Nope

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 10:55 PM
  #4
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor
 
nanuuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Estonia
Posts: 4,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essedarius95 View Post
At this time in 2006, we were 13-12-1 amounting to 27 points, only three points separating us and that 2006-2007 team. All I see it taking is one good trade and a hot streak, and I trust THE STACHE!
All things may come to pass

__________________
Hrundi Bakshi (Peter Sellers) in the movie The PartyWisdom is the province of the aged, BUT the heart of a child is pure!!
nanuuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 11:09 PM
  #5
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!
 
The Waffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grenville
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,591
vCash: 500
Lol people pull out that stat every year we suck.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 11:36 PM
  #6
King Karlsson
Gersei Chongar
 
King Karlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,308
vCash: 500
The difference is that in 2006-07 we had an amazing top line with a good supporting cast, along with a very solid set of D-men. This year we have one pretty good top line who is starting to struggle, a bunch of passengers, and an incredibly weak D-core outside of EK and SOMETIMES Methot/Corvo.

King Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 11:56 PM
  #7
HockeySens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,286
vCash: 500
lmfao

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:12 AM
  #8
FightingIrish
Total Lak of Respek
 
FightingIrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
You're in denial, embrace the suckness.

FightingIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:13 AM
  #9
Senateurs
Let's win it all
 
Senateurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essedarius95 View Post
At this time in 2006, we were 13-12-1 amounting to 27 points, only three points separating us and that 2006-2007 team. All I see it taking is one good trade and a hot streak, and I trust THE STACHE!
What happened in 2006?

Coach Murray decided that 3.7M$ newly signed Gerber was going to be on the bench and he let Emery take over the #1 role. It was in mid November and we won a game against a very good Buffalo team. It took a while to get back to 500 but then we went on a very hot streak.

MacLean needs to give the net to Lehner as he gives us the best chance to win.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:37 AM
  #10
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan
 
PoutineSp00nZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,974
vCash: 500
Anything is possible!

Even ****** teams can go on a 5 game win streak

PoutineSp00nZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:55 AM
  #11
albator71
Registered User
 
albator71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 500
I don't think so Tim, this team is going no where except in the basement.

albator71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 08:24 AM
  #12
83DIZ65
Registered User
 
83DIZ65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIrish View Post
You're in denial, embrace the suckness.
:y o:



can i get a hell yea!!????!!

83DIZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 08:30 AM
  #13
Mercurial
#lalala
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
The team as is, isn't making the playoffs.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 08:36 AM
  #14
Caeldan
Moderator
Whippet Whisperer
 
Caeldan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,584
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post
What happened in 2006?

Coach Murray decided that 3.7M$ newly signed Gerber was going to be on the bench and he let Emery take over the #1 role. It was in mid November and we won a game against a very good Buffalo team. It took a while to get back to 500 but then we went on a very hot streak.

MacLean needs to give the net to Lehner as he gives us the best chance to win.
Didn't Spezza get hurt at that time and we just rallied around missing him?

Kinda like last year...

Hmm... Seems like there's a theme pretty much any time recently that we've been hot. Spezza got hurt and everyone else stepped up their game...

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 08:38 AM
  #15
tony d
Summer Camp
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,141
vCash: 500
I'm still confident we turn it around this season and make the playoffs. We're going to have to turn it around before Christmas though.

__________________
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 08:39 AM
  #16
83DIZ65
Registered User
 
83DIZ65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I'm still confident we turn it around this season and make the playoffs. We're going to have to turn it around before Christmas though.
not gonna happen....

83DIZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 08:41 AM
  #17
simplefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Connection View Post
The difference is that in 2006-07 we had an amazing top line with a good supporting cast, along with a very solid set of D-men. This year we have one pretty good top line who is starting to struggle, a bunch of passengers, and an incredibly weak D-core outside of EK and SOMETIMES Methot/Corvo.
Maybe on paper, but I remember that in 2006-07, our defense was pretty porous. At least in the playoffs.

I see a lot of similarities between the two years.
On paper, this year's team is arguably as good as the other one.

And the game vs Detroit was a much better defensive effort. We were very good defensively yesterday, imo. What killed us was OUR EXECUTION. Man, we can't score.

simplefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 08:52 AM
  #18
blahblah3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 50
and the bad news is that at this time in 2006, the eastern conference was about 100 X better than it is now, making a comparison pointless.

blahblah3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 08:56 AM
  #19
Orr123
Registered User
 
Orr123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
Lol people pull out that stat every year we suck.
Only in the last 6 years!!

Obviously its not too late to turn it around, but its getting close to the point of no return. Plus, we do need to realize that the Sens are in a bit tougher situation with fighting more teams for a playoff spot.

Again, its definitely not too late to turn it around, especially with teams like the Leafs starting to play quite awful hockey consistently. But the Sens need a HUGE win streak soon for that to happen.

At the end of the day, it is what it is, and I hope if we continue to suck this year that we pull things together for the next year.... and maybe make some moves to create a better defense... Corvo is NOT the answer!!

Orr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:34 PM
  #20
Senateurs
Let's win it all
 
Senateurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
Didn't Spezza get hurt at that time and we just rallied around missing him?

Kinda like last year...

Hmm... Seems like there's a theme pretty much any time recently that we've been hot. Spezza got hurt and everyone else stepped up their game...
yep. The team lost, Spezza, then Fisher, then Vermette. Chris kelly was our #1 C for about a month.

Obviously, we should have traded Spezza back then and kept Kelly as our franchise centre...

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:35 PM
  #21
Senators Growing
Next year again...
 
Senators Growing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cumberland
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,828
vCash: 500
No Alfredsson that was the driving force of that team. No Murray behind the bench.
Can't compare the two issues.

Senators Growing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 02:07 PM
  #22
Caeldan
Moderator
Whippet Whisperer
 
Caeldan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,584
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post
yep. The team lost, Spezza, then Fisher, then Vermette. Chris kelly was our #1 C for about a month.

Obviously, we should have traded Spezza back then and kept Kelly as our franchise centre...
No. We need him on the IR;-)

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 02:23 PM
  #23
SenzZen
Rik Norris
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
No Alfredsson that was the driving force of that team. No Murray behind the bench.
Can't compare the two issues.
Sorry but all Murray did as a coach was open the barn doors.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 02:39 PM
  #24
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan
 
PoutineSp00nZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,974
vCash: 500
Stranger things have happened! It's not likely at this point, but if the Sens can string together a nice run they can be in the wildcard mix at the end of year.

PoutineSp00nZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 02:50 PM
  #25
pepty
Let's win it all
 
pepty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 11,496
vCash: 395
When things looked their worst and some of the enters went down, Alfie called a dinner meeting of the veterans/ leaders. That was the start of the turn around.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.