HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Combos

Old
12-01-2013, 11:48 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 50
Line Combos

I know we've spoken extensively about splitting up Carter and Richards, and having Richards center the 3rd line, but how about if we had Carter center the 3rd line instead? My reason for this is to bring Toffoli back up with Richards and King, while also strengthening our 3rd line having Carter center it. It really doesn't matter that much as to who will be playing alongside Carter, but just having Kopi, Richards and Carter be our 1A, 1B, and 1C centers would make us that much stronger imo.

Carcillo-Kopi-Williams
King-Richards-Toffoli
Brown-Carter-Nolan
Clifford-Stoll-Vey

This way, not only are we strong up the middle, but we also have a tough guy on each line to protect our key players.

Thoughts???

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 11:54 PM
HolyShot*

vCash: 500
How about just getting a 2nd line LW with some skill?

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Nashville Transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
I know we've spoken extensively about splitting up Carter and Richards, and having Richards center the 3rd line, but how about if we had Carter center the 3rd line instead? My reason for this is to bring Toffoli back up with Richards and King, while also strengthening our 3rd line having Carter center it. It really doesn't matter that much as to who will be playing alongside Carter, but just having Kopi, Richards and Carter be our 1A, 1B, and 1C centers would make us that much stronger imo.

Carcillo-Kopi-Williams
King-Richards-Toffoli
Brown-Carter-Nolan
Clifford-Stoll-Vey

This way, not only are we strong up the middle, but we also have a tough guy on each line to protect our key players.

Thoughts???
who's the tough guy on that second line?

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:01 AM
funky

Pearson - Kopitar - Carter. High skill, basically I want to see our two stars together for 10 games
Brown - Richards - Toffoli. Relentless w a triggerman
King - Vey - Williams. Some offence on a gritty third
Cliffy/ Carcillo - Stoll - Nolan/Frattin. Stoll in a better place.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:10 AM
kingsboy11
retake the throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Pearson - Kopitar - Carter. High skill, basically I want to see our two stars together for 10 games
I actually like this. It would never happen, but I like it.

kingsboy11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:26 AM
Sacha Baron Corbin

Quote:
This would be awesome I think, too bad its probably a pipe dream though

Sacha Baron Corbin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Reclamation Project
Why don't you just..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyShot View Post
With what money? We'll have to make due until the offseason. Or we could throw the towel in, like some posters are insinuating.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 01:18 AM
HolyShot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
With what money? We'll have to make due until the offseason. Or we could throw the towel in, like some posters are insinuating.
A trade involving williams, or stoll would have to happen and I wouldn't want to part with williams so its not gonna happen. King is a decent top 6 with a good hit but eventually were gonna need someone else in that spot. Carter is too good for bottom 6 mins so there's no way he or richards plays 3rd line. Don't like the idea and never did. The solution to our 2nd line lw problem will have to come from within.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 01:42 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng

Quote:
I like the looks of this. You can even switch King and Brown if we feel like reuniting King/Richards/Toffoli, but I like what you have there

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 02:07 AM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 50
Quote:
I actually like the idea of having Carter playing 1RW as well, but I don't see Pearson going from a HS to a 1LW. Besides, we need a winger who can do some dirty work in the corners and along the boards and Pearson isn't that guy. I would also leave King with Richards and Toffoli.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 02:24 AM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

I don't think Pearson is NHL ready, he needs at least another season in Manchester, maybe 2.

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 02:41 AM
KingKopitar11*

We are one legit winger away from being the best team in the NHL.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 04:21 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
who's the tough guy on that second line?

Haha. I was going to ask the same exact question in the same exact way. "Who's the tough guy on the second line?" LOL

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 05:08 AM
damacles1156

Why do you guys consistently put the Kings best possession Winger and top three scorer over the past four years on the third line.....

Williams out of the top six is stupid....He has been one the NHL best RW over the last four years, at possessing the puck and generating offense.

Pearson/Kopitar/Carter
Brown/Richards/Toffoli

That top six would be a lot of one and done....And you guys would be *****ing that the Kings are not keeping possession of the puck.

Toffoli/Pearson are not old enough, or strong enough to be possession type Wingers...

It's probably one reason Toffoli finds himself playing 4th line minutes and Pearson is a HS.

Brown is an absolute mess, no need to explain why he doesn't deserve Top six minutes.

Carter is not a possession Winger, he simply gets open and uses his shot (it's what he is suppose to do).

Kopitar/Richards have to consistently play High F3...so who is going to dig the pucks off the boards ? Or help cycle to get people open ?

I like the first post...Spread the depth out till Brown figures out why he sucks.

Clifford/Carcillo/Kopitar/Williams
King/Richards/Toffoli -----Shouldn't have split that line up (Sutter)
Brown/Carter/Nolan -or Frattin when healthy.
Clifford/Vey/Stoll/Lewis ----Vey can play all three forward positions.

Last edited by damacles1156: 12-02-2013 at 06:10 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 10:27 AM
kingsofLA

Quote:
The only switch would be:
Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Pearson-Richards-Carter

kingsofLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Ollie Weeks
First In, Last Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post

I like the first post...Spread the depth out till Brown figures out why he sucks.

Clifford/Carcillo/Kopitar/Williams
King/Richards/Toffoli -----Shouldn't have split that line up (Sutter)
Brown/Carter/Nolan -or Frattin when healthy.
Clifford/Vey/Stoll/Lewis ----Vey can play all three forward positions.
Probably the best we could do.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 11:20 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post

Carcillo-Kopi-Williams
King-Richards-Toffoli
Brown-Carter-Nolan
Clifford-Stoll-Vey

Thoughts???
It doesn't increase the teams chances of productivity and unless the Kings trade for a couple of high end wingers, it does not increase their strength down the middle, rather it weakens their puck possession time and scoring chances by splittlng up carter and Richards. They're good together, far better together than apart and they have great chemistry, which you don't get just by putting 'the two best players ' together, it doesn't work that way. STill pisses me off that Terry Murray wasted 24 games with gagne out of place on the 1st line following that rationale when Gagne and Richards had years of great chemistry a nd goal scoring success and it took 24 games bvefore they had their first shift together, and Richards got his concuassion the next game.
I don't get why so many Kings fans feel the need to split Carter and Richards up, fortunately , Sutter is a lot smarter than that.
Your scenario gives Carter no playmaker to feed him the puck., and that is something Richards can do without thinking, they know each other that well. That 3rd line would net very little results. Carcillo isn't a 2nd line winger, and sure a shell not a 1st line winger.

IF Toffoli's future is with the Kings, then put him with Kopitar now, he'll be there eventually and that would give him 50 plus games to get used to that. If not, trade for the elite winger Kopitar deserves. Give the first 2 lines , 2 skilled playmaking center sand 2 high end established wingers. Then sign an 2nd Line LW in the off season. Stoll isn't gonna be here forever, and Vey is making a strong case to say in the top 9 with every shift he takes. Other teams bite the bullet and make the right trade to move up the youth. The Kings need to do that. They won't resign SToll, not with younger, faster and skilled youth pushing for a job. Trading him benefits the team, rather than not resigning.
I know Vanek and Moulsen are most likely off season FA signings, but Fleishman wouldn't be and at little of 4 M a good cap hit. If you trade Stoll to clear salary, trade one of the bottom line younger players or a prospect for a pick and get him for the 2nd line, then get Kopi a winger in the off season.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 11:45 AM
KingPuckChoo
Go kinGs Go !

vCash: 550
Toffoli - Kopitar - Carter is what i want to see for at least 10 games straight without moving them, not even for one shift

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:00 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
Toffoli - Kopitar - Carter is what i want to see for at least 10 games straight without moving them, not even for one shift
Neither Toffoli or Carter are left wingers. This line is impossible.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:01 PM
dman3474

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyShot View Post
need to get a LW for the #1 line first.

and it pains me to say this but King hasn't been that bad as the 2nd line LW, hes not the ideal 2nd line winger but it works for now.

dman3474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Trolfoli

Well... after thinking about the game the other day.... Maybe A-Mart should be given a shot at LW. He seemed to pinch well.... Hell why not just run 2 forwards and 3 D at this point. Got to wait for Greene to come back or Kings will only have 5 D. Who would take A-Marts place in Sutters dog house?

Edit: I mean it couldn't be much worse then the situation now could it?

Last edited by Trolfoli: 12-02-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Trolfoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 12:31 PM
kingsboy11
retake the throne

Per Rosen

Quote:
Line Rushes: 74-11-77,23-28-14, 71-10-73, 13-24-21, 70-57-17;d-pairings are the same.

Old
12-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Trolfoli

Um..... only one thing comes to mind...."Never go full ******!" it will be entertaining.

Trolfoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 01:02 PM
OldGreatWestern

In my perfect world...

King - Kopitar - Carter
xxx - Ricahrds - Toffoli
Brown - Vey - Williams
Clifford - Lewis - Nolan

I want our best playmaker and sniper together. I am sick of Kopitar dishing to Brown who is an offensive black hole. Let Kopitar tee up Carter and King can throw his weight around in the corners.

Richards and Toffoli worked well together but I think that line needs some skill and/or size on the left. (Malone, Michalek, Hartnell, Moulson - just throwing out names).

This third line is responsible and strong offensively for a third line. I am sick of the traditional shutdown 3rd line. I think the Sharks are proving how effective spreading your offensive talent across three lines can be.

Stoll does nothing for me, he's sound defensively and strong on faceoffs but is not worth his salary in my opinion. Don't know if you need Carcillo and Clifford. I could move Frattin but his stock may be too low right now. Not sure what package can be put together too fill LW. Stoll, Frattin, Martinez (when Greene's back).

OldGreatWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 01:09 PM
kingsboy11
retake the throne

expected scratches for the game are pearson, vey and carcillo.

I understand vey because of St. Louis physical presence, but keeping carcillo out of the lineup is strange.