HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer X100 Skate insight?

Old
12-01-2013, 08:42 AM
SCBruCrew4

vCash: 500
Bauer X100 Skate insight?

Hey guys and girls,

So I am a pretty lucky guy in being able to get a free (Yes FREE) pair of Bauer X100 skates. My father won the "certificate" in a local golf tourney and since he doesn't play hockey anymore, he gave the certificate to me.

My question is this really. I currently use Easton EQ skates and want to know how the fit is on Bauer compared to Easton. I've heard they use the same sizing chart really but wanted more info on the X100 specifically.

I've searched multiple Youtube and google posts but don't get much indepth info on the X100 but more on the APX2.

Anyone have a pair? Do you like them? How does the steel and holders feel after you've used them? Basically any information on the skates would be appreciated.

Thanks

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:58 AM
AIREAYE

Skates need to fit, nothing matters more than that. Can you try them on?

Bauer doesn't fit a certain way, they have 3 different fits.

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 10:17 AM
SCBruCrew4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Skates need to fit, nothing matters more than that. Can you try them on?

Bauer doesn't fit a certain way, they have 3 different fits.
Yeah I believe I'll get a chance to try them on prior to receiving them. If not I'll just go to my local pro-shop and get fitted for the right size. Of course I'll let them know ahead of time that I won't be purchasing them because of the certificate I have.

Old
12-01-2013, 04:49 PM
AIREAYE

The X100s are close the old APX but with arguably more reliable steel (regular LS2 vs Fusion) different liner tongue and lack of comfort edge as well as the new holder.

That said, if you are coming from mid or low level skates, you are transitioning to pro level skates and the huge stiffness jump might be a problem for mobility & comfort. You will likely need to bake them multiple times (and pay for those bakings) for it to feel right and even consider unlacing the top eyelet.

Old
12-02-2013, 06:47 AM
SCBruCrew4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
The X100s are close the old APX but with arguably more reliable steel (regular LS2 vs Fusion) different liner tongue and lack of comfort edge as well as the new holder.

That said, if you are coming from mid or low level skates, you are transitioning to pro level skates and the huge stiffness jump might be a problem for mobility & comfort. You will likely need to bake them multiple times (and pay for those bakings) for it to feel right and even consider unlacing the top eyelet.
This is exactly what I was looking for lol. Thanks Aireaye, kinda figured you'd be the one to have insight lol. Thanks again

Old
12-02-2013, 08:47 AM
AIREAYE

I think the X100 is better value anyways than APX2. Same performance. But yeah, if they don't fit it's a moot point.

Old
12-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Malarowski

Hey Aireaye, since you have in depth knowledge about these things : Do any other skates apart from the Apx have that comfort edge? That edge is killing me on one of my supremes (One70) and I can't solve it with other means so far. It stopped to hurt mostly as my body adjusted to it but sometimes there is discomfort. That edge almost made me grab clearance Apx pros, but it seemed a lot since I love my skates otherwise.

Malarowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 11:54 AM
jsykes

The Nexus 1000 and Total One also have the comfort edge.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote