HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens @ Panthers Dec. 3 (7:30 p.m. Eastern)

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Zillaege

vCash: 500
My hope for tonight? A low-scoring, hard fought win. 1-0, 2-1 etc.

We know they can rack up the goals and out score teams.

They haven't shut other teams down nearly enough however. A game against a team with limited offense is a good opportunity.

Old
12-03-2013, 03:21 PM
exv91

Agreed. Our combined crappy defensive play cancels each other out. So it comes down the goal scoring and goaltending. I predict a blowout, just hope we're not on the receiving end.

Old
12-03-2013, 03:27 PM
DrunkUncleDenis
Hello Please

vCash: 50
Well, I think we are still seeing PMac go to his vet and #1. This is the coach's attempt at getting Andy's game back.

Don't take this game lightly guys.. we suck too.

Old
12-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Anaxagoras
Futbol Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSeven View Post
Why the hell is Anderson starting. PM is a moron. Ofcourse he is going to win. Just like his last win. A terrible under 900 save percentage performance.

then he will start next game and he will blow it and this team will continue to spiral.

This team needs freaken stability.

WHAT AN EFFING JOKE this guy is.

"THE BEST PLAYERS PLAY!!!"

PM is a Joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, a Sens fan who would be UPSET if the Senators won, because it would mean that "his guy" wouldn't play the next game.

Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash88 View Post

Completely missed that part.

Indeed times are strange in HFSens land...
I entirely agree that the outrage over which goalie starts is ridiculous, but I'd just like to point out that RedSeven never said he'd be upset if the Senators won, he is upset because he thinks MacLean is hand-feeding Anderson easy starts so he can justify starting Anderson again in the future.

There's definitely enough in his post to ridicule without putting words in his mouth

If we win tonight and T.O. loses to the Sharks, our chance at the playoffs will rise 3.8% to leave us at 20%. As others have said, these games against Florida, TB, and Buffalo X2 will be extremely important for our playoff hopes. Four wins in those games will be huge. Even more important is the Toronto game on the 7th.

Old
12-03-2013, 03:29 PM
DrunkUncleDenis
Hello Please

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by exv91 View Post
Agreed. Our combined crappy defensive play cancels each other out. So it comes down the goal scoring and goaltending. I predict a blowout, just hope we're not on the receiving end.
Timmy vs Andy. Toss-up at this point, for different reasons.

We have the edge in scoring on paper. This would be a good game to get these new line combos going.

Old
12-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Stylizer1
Stone Cold Stunner

vCash: 709
Good thing they are not starting their backup goalie.

Old
12-03-2013, 03:56 PM
danielpalfredsson

I don't like moving MacArthur. As a one game experiment, it's nothing to freak out about, but he's been really hot lately, so it seems counter productive when Hoffman could be tried out on the Spezza line first.

Michalek on the third line might turn out to be a really good thing. He has an all right amount of points, but his job is suppose to be to score goals, of which he only has done four times this season. Michalek will likely be matched up against less skilled opponents. Scoring 12+ goals a year on the third line takes on a completely different context than 12+ goals a year while playing on the first line.

I see no reason why Lehner won't be in net. Anderson needs to be the back up right now. I agreed with not forcing him out of the starting position, but it's no longer a case of Lehner just winning the job, as much as it also is Anderson losing the job.

I'm not saying Anderson won't come back in the future and elevate his level of play to that of a legitimate starter. But right now Ottawa is in must win territory, and without the first round pick, there's no benefit in writing off the season.

On the topic of hand feeding Anderson easy starts. It's a high risk, high reward proposition. My assumption would be that at this point, it's not Maclean's choice, but rather the choice of management.

The risk of starting Anderson is that Ottawa has less of a chance of winning games, which at this point are very important because if Ottawa is to make the playoffs they will do so by just squeaking in the wild card.

The reward of starting Anderson is that he finds his game again, is seen as a legitimate starting goalie, and Ottawa can both have leverage with Lehner in the off season, and have the option of getting an actual return for Anderson. There's also the extremely unlikely benefit that if Anderson does by some Disney magic find a way to reach his level of play from last season, Ottawa arguably would have the best performing goalie in the league.

I'm not defending the choice of starting him against weak opponents, I am just outlining some of the justifications for doing so.

Old
12-03-2013, 04:10 PM
King Karlsson
Gersei Chongar

I want to win 8-1

Old
12-03-2013, 04:30 PM
exv91

All I know is if Andy doesn't pull out a win, not a rabbit out of his you-know-what, just a simple win, he'll never live it down.

Old
12-03-2013, 04:35 PM
chipsens

Hopefully tonight's GWG is not scored by some guy named Winchester or Gilroy...

predicting 3 stars:
1. Anderson
2. Turris
3. Karlsson

Old
12-03-2013, 04:44 PM
John Holmes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalfredsson View Post
I don't like moving MacArthur. As a one game experiment, it's nothing to freak out about, but he's been really hot lately, so it seems counter productive when Hoffman could be tried out on the Spezza line first.
If you want to give Hoffman the best chance of success, you have to keep him away from Spezza.

It's weird to type that sentence...

MacArthur is a veteran, he knows what he's doing and more than likely he will continue his strong play on that line.

Old
12-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Allaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
If you want to give Hoffman the best chance of success, you have to keep him away from Spezza.

MacArthur is a veteran, he knows what he's doing and more than likely he will continue his strong play on that line.
I agree with this you need to put Hoffman in a position to suceed while his confidence is high. Good move by MacLean I hope he is patient with him.

Old
12-03-2013, 05:03 PM
MiscBrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post

Ya just like Zibby right?

Old
12-03-2013, 05:24 PM
John Holmes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiscBrah View Post
Ya just like Zibby right?
Two rookies centered by Spezza is a good idea?

Closed Thread