HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 6

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Rude Dog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
Maclean reported that the Leafs and Panthers are discussing Kulikov.
Not sure how that helps. He is more of what we have. What they need is a mobile tough stay at home D. Just don't see teams lining up to give them away.

Old
12-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Nazemlupul

vCash: 50
We need to go hard for Girardi in the offseason, and pay someone to take Liles. Trade Gardiner for a young right winger who can play in the top 6 next year. Someone with a similar salary as Gardiner. Let Raymond walk.

JVR - Bozak- Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - XXX
Kulimin- Bolland- Clarkson
Ashton- McClement - Orr

Gunnerson- Phaneuf
Rielly- Girardi
Fraser- Franson

Soild mix of skill and grit in the forward group. Along with a great balance of offensive and defensive dman on the back end.

Old
12-03-2013, 10:04 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post
Maybe its time to get rid of Orr and McLaren and give Broll and Devane shots on the 4th line. Prolly better skaters and could score a goal every 20 games, which is better than the McLOrren.
I'd say move McLaren, but keep Orr. He's a really good forward and he does something in terms of PK sometimes and energy he brings. McLaren did okay, but he needs to be moved for a pick now. Give Staubitz, Devane or Bodie a shot there now.

Old
12-03-2013, 10:08 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazemlupul View Post
We need to go hard for Girardi in the offseason, and pay someone to take Liles. Trade Gardiner for a young right winger who can play in the top 6 next year. Someone with a similar salary as Gardiner. Let Raymond walk.

JVR - Bozak- Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - XXX
Kulimin- Bolland- Clarkson
Ashton- McClement - Orr

Gunnerson- Phaneuf
Rielly- Girardi
Fraser- Franson

Soild mix of skill and grit in the forward group. Along with a great balance of offensive and defensive dman on the back end.
You really want a 3rd line that will make 16 million dollars a year total? Clarkson at 5.25, Kulemin wants 4 from us and Bolland will probably go at 3.5-4 a year. Ah, no thanks. I'd rather keep Raymond at the 3 mill max he'll go for, and at least he can play top 6 on occasion. Plus, Girardi will be another overpaying mistake, as will be Fraser and Franson. We should still have Gardiner, move Fraser and Franson, and get someone who can play defense well at a low term and/or low price. Girardi will want a boat load of money. However, if we get him at decent term, perhaps 4 years or something, at something around 5 mill, then he can be top line with Phaneuf or 2nd line like you said.

Phaneuf- Girardi
Gardiner-Gunnarsson
DFD(possibly Gleason)-Rielly

Last edited by SeaOfBlue: 12-03-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old
12-03-2013, 10:25 PM
GoLeafsGo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoMapleLeafsFTW View Post
You really want a 3rd line that will make 16 million dollars a year total? Clarkson at 5.25, Kulemin wants 4 from us and Bolland will probably go at 3.5-4 a year. Ah, no thanks. I'd rather keep Raymond at the 3 mill max he'll go for, and at least he can play top 6 on occasion. Plus, Girardi will be another overpaying mistake, as will be Fraser and Franson. We should still have Gardiner, move Fraser and Franson, and get someone who can play defense well at a low term and/or low price. Girardi will want a boat load of money. However, if we get him at decent term, perhaps 4 years or something, at something around 5 mill, then he can be top line with Phaneuf or 2nd line like you said.

Phaneuf- Girardi
Gardiner-Gunnarsson
DFD(possibly Gleason)-Rielly
Where was it reported Kulemin is asking for 4M/year? If that's the case, he'll be long gone.

Old
12-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Nazemlupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo96 View Post
Where was it reported Kulemin is asking for 4M/year? If that's the case, he'll be long gone.
Yea no chance Kuli gets more than 3, Bolland will probably sign for around 3.5 for a long term though.

A third line of Kuli Bolland Clarkson would cost us around 12 million and probably be one of the best third lines in hockey.

Old
12-03-2013, 11:06 PM
FifthLine
Leaf Syndrome

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo96 View Post
It wasn't, he's assuming so everything makes sense in his head.

Old
12-04-2013, 12:08 AM
darrylsittler27

Season over, we can trade off parts.

Bottom line Burke`s no C model doesn't work. We can now trade off parts at deadline, before Nonnis gets fired. He let Tim order him to get Bernier. Tim is now learning about the curse, shortcuts wont work. Yes this team is inferior, they can only make the playoffs barely in a 48 game season. Does $12 M for Kessel,Bozak make sense to a real GM? Is Phaneuff,Gunner good enough D on a winner? Can Carlyle's stubborn "I will try what can't work" style lead to a cup?

Clean house Tim and stop forcing trades, Scrivens is better than Bernier and doesn't cost $2.8 putting us up against the cap. You screwed us and if you want the truth, Leaf fans may finally have had enough. 10 game boycott suckers, and you just paid for a loser.

Old
12-04-2013, 01:33 AM
ThreeHundred

Liewiki do something

Old
12-04-2013, 02:23 AM
hockeywiz542

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/23....html?page=all

Quote:
Scouting frenzy

The press box was filled with opposing teamsí scouts and executives, including Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli, Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis, Flyers assistant GM Ron Hextall and Blackhawks director of player personnel Pierre Gauthier. Speculation has centered on D Michael Del Zotto, but the struggling former first-rounderís trade value took another dip with a minus-3 in 19:51, though he took four shots.

Old
12-04-2013, 03:00 AM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeywiz542 View Post
I doubt we're scouting MDZ, we're most likely interested in Girardi, Stepan (very likely not available), or Kreider. I don't want any of them really for the prices they'd cost... Stepan would be awesome, but he'd be ridiculously expensive... Girardi is good, but he'd be expensive for a rental, and I'm not interested in another winger. Perhaps we're looking at Brassard? Although if we're looking for another guy like Brassard, he'd have to play wing or we'd have to trade one of our C's back.

Old
12-04-2013, 05:12 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
I doubt we're scouting MDZ, we're most likely interested in Girardi, Stepan (very likely not available), or Kreider. I don't want any of them really for the prices they'd cost... Stepan would be awesome, but he'd be ridiculously expensive... Girardi is good, but he'd be expensive for a rental, and I'm not interested in another winger. Perhaps we're looking at Brassard? Although if we're looking for another guy like Brassard, he'd have to play wing or we'd have to trade one of our C's back.
Ryan McDonagh!

Old
12-04-2013, 05:27 AM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Bottom line Burke`s no C model doesn't work. We can now trade off parts at deadline, before Nonnis gets fired. He let Tim order him to get Bernier. Tim is now learning about the curse, shortcuts wont work. Yes this team is inferior, they can only make the playoffs barely in a 48 game season. Does $12 M for Kessel,Bozak make sense to a real GM? Is Phaneuff,Gunner good enough D on a winner? Can Carlyle's stubborn "I will try what can't work" style lead to a cup?

Clean house Tim and stop forcing trades, Scrivens is better than Bernier and doesn't cost $2.8 putting us up against the cap. You screwed us and if you want the truth, Leaf fans may finally have had enough. 10 game boycott suckers, and you just paid for a loser.
The big one is, did Tim force the hand on the Clarkson signing.

Old
12-04-2013, 07:39 AM
rumman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeHundred View Post
Liewiki do something
yeah, put the pictures of the glory days back up so we can remember when the Leafs could compete!

Old
12-04-2013, 07:55 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

We should totally trade Jake Gardiner. I mean with Rielly, he's pretty much expendable, and he's just not putting it together. So we should totally trade him for a RH'd dman, or a center.

Oh what's that? He's our best puck possession dman? He has the best Corsi for and Fenwick for numbers as a dman on the Leafs, and the second best numbers on the entire team? Oh he also has the second highest shots for percentage (a percentage of on ice shots for versus shots against) on the entire team behind only Bolland? Oh when Jake Gardiner the team Corsi last night was 21.4 percent?

Yeah all I'm seeing is more reason to trade Gardiner. Pff, he's not growing and/or helpful to this team moving forward.

Old
12-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Interactif

Wonder what we can get for Raymond in a trade, a bad tendency with this guy is he doesn't pass where players are wide open. Ie. Clarkson's reaction where he tried to deke backhand rather than slide it over for a tap in was priceless. His stats look good, but this is one player that stats does not equal true value. A selfish player IMO.

Old
12-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

vCash: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Wonder what we can get for Raymond in a trade, a bad tendency with this guy is he doesn't pass where players are wide open. Ie. Clarkson's reaction where he tried to deke backhand rather than slide it over for a tap in was priceless. His stats look good, but this is one player that stats does not equal true value. A selfish player IMO.
That bothered me too

Old
12-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsToronto View Post
That bothered me too
Clarkson is waiting for a pass with an open net to tie the game up and Raymond decides to pull a low % backhand highlight reel goal to stats pump. That astounded me, the look on Clarkson's face was priceless. Let's get rid of Raymond, selfish player in it for himself.

Old
12-04-2013, 09:25 AM
BertCorbeau
The Sidebartender

Quote:
Clarkson is waiting for a pass with an open net to tie the game up and Raymond decides to pull a low % backhand highlight reel goal to stats pump. That astounded me, the look on Clarkson's face was priceless. Let's get rid of Raymond, selfish player in it for himself.
He'd make a good asset to sell at the deadline, particularly if the Leafs don't rebound from this struggle

Between him and Kulemin the Leafs can recoup some pickslost in the Bolland and Bernier trade .. To me that's good asset management that I hope Nonis considers

Old
12-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazemlupul View Post
Yea no chance Kuli gets more than 3, Bolland will probably sign for around 3.5 for a long term though.

A third line of Kuli Bolland Clarkson would cost us around 12 million and probably be one of the best third lines in hockey.
Stalberg who was benched and only averaged around 10 minutes a game got 4 years x 3 last off-season.

David Jones, Bryan Bickell, Ville Leino, all got paid at least 4 million.

Every year UFAs get crazy contracts and this year will be no different so expect Kuli to get minimum 3 million on a multi year deal from someone.

Old
12-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:

The selfish tag is harsh, But I don't disagree that we should "sell high" on Raymond if we can, At the moment though the team is lacking secondary scoring. So unless they have faith Abbott or Leivo can fill the position with success, It may be a hard deal to make at the moment.

Old
12-04-2013, 09:56 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Stalberg who was benched and only averaged around 10 minutes a game got 4 years x 3 last off-season.

David Jones, Bryan Bickell, Ville Leino, all got paid at least 4 million.

Every year UFAs get crazy contracts and this year will be no different so expect Kuli to get minimum 3 million on a multi year deal from someone.
Stalberg got that on an open market, from a team desperate to get top 6 offensive players, after often filling in on the top 6 and producing as the 6th best forward on the Hawks behind Saad, Toews, Hossa, Kane, and Sharp.

Bickell turned a massive playoff performance into a big contract.

Leino and Jones were completely stupid deals and outliers, but also getting top 6 time.

Kulemin isn't playing in the top 6, and isn't producing like a top 6 forward. He's not getting 3 million plus dollars from the Leafs. He might be able to do what Stalberg did to a team needing him, on the open market. But if he signs a deal with the Leafs, it will be before FA, and nowhere near that sort of value you're suggesting.

Old
12-04-2013, 09:59 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
He'd make a good asset to sell at the deadline, particularly if the Leafs don't rebound from this struggle

Between him and Kulemin the Leafs can recoup some pickslost in the Bolland and Bernier trade .. To me that's good asset management that I hope Nonis considers
Kulemin should provide some very good value. He's the sort of players teams love to have in the playoffs. He's bigger and won't get pushed around, he plays the defensive game very well, and he's capable of filling in a top 6 role for a short period of time. His potential for raised offense might make him a hot commodity come deadline time, if the Leafs move on him.

I love him but unless he's staying, I'd prefer to get some assets for him.

Speaking of him, I'd like to see him with Kadri again.

Last edited by theIceWookie: 12-04-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old
12-04-2013, 10:00 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Hope we make a move soon

Old
12-04-2013, 10:03 AM
SprDaVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Hope we make a move soon
With our cap situation, it's near impossible to make trade and upgrade our team at the same time.

I think right now we have to hope that a team loves Kulemin (and can extend him) AND one of our defenders in order for us to get an upgrade on defense is our best hope.

The flip side here is that if never recover from this big crash in the standings, we have a couple pieces we can sell for picks and prospects. Raymond, Fraser, Franson, Kulemin and poetntially even someone like Reimer... that could be a lot of picks and prospects back. Yay?

EDIT: I'd love to see what Percy or even Granberg or MacWilliam could do though. They may still be too green or not quite 100% ready but god damn do we need a make over on the back end right now. Only Phaneuf has played with any sort of consistency.

Last edited by SprDaVE: 12-04-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Closed Thread