HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville @ Tampa Bay / 6:30

Old
12-19-2013, 06:25 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Nashville @ Tampa Bay / 6:30

PREDATORS (16-15-3) at LIGHTNING (20-11-3)

TV: FS-TN

Last 10: Nashville 4-5-1; Tampa Bay 5-3-2

Season series: This is the first game between the Nashville Predators and Tampa Bay Lightning since Oct. 27, 2011. The Predators have won each of the past three contests, and each has featured at least seven goals. They will play each other again on Feb. 27 at Bridgestone Arena.

Big story: Each team has won three of its past four games, and the Lightning could be in second place in the Atlantic Division when the games conclude Thursday night.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/pre...vid=sb:preview

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 09:08 AM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

Dear NHL, PLEASE schedule this game for one week later next year so I can plan a road trip to see the Preds in the warm weather!

In the meantime, GO PREDS!

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Wonder if Bourque gets back in ( should not have been out in the first place), and if he is in....who sits?

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Never mind my last post! Just read on OTF that it looks like Wilson will be sitting this one out! Once again in the doghouse? ONE of the too many men was directly related to him ( the other one must have been a grinder, as that was not as much of an issue).
I just cannot imagine that this is a way to motivate guys like Smith, Bourque and now Wilson. Trotz holds a very short leash on these guys. The entire forward group has under performed. This is a team issue, not a few individual players.

Old
12-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortheloveofthegame View Post
Never mind my last post! Just read on OTF that it looks like Wilson will be sitting this one out! Once again in the doghouse? ONE of the too many men was directly related to him ( the other one must have been a grinder, as that was not as much of an issue).
I just cannot imagine that this is a way to motivate guys like Smith, Bourque and now Wilson. Trotz holds a very short leash on these guys. The entire forward group has under performed. This is a team issue, not a few individual players.
lol ... both of the too many men penalties were directly attributed to Colin Wilson, kid isn't working out here.

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Lines from practice yesterday:

Nystrom - Fisher - Stalberg
Bourque - Cullen - Smith
Spaling - Legwand - Hornqvist
Clune - Gaustad - Hendricks

Lindback in net for Tampa and likely Hutton for the Preds

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 12:08 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Hutton for the Preds, 5 games straight I feel a disaster coming.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
lol ... both of the too many men penalties were directly attributed to Colin Wilson, kid isn't working out here.
Not sure where you are getting your info from on that? It was just the first one that Kane scored on. I would agree he would be better off playing somewhere else, for his sake. I would say the same of Forsberg, Smith or any other younger offensively gifted forward that comes to play in this system. (Radulov)

Old
12-19-2013, 01:51 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Hutton for the Preds, 5 games straight I feel a disaster coming.
You felt the same disaster when he won three in a row.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 01:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

When Wilson has his head in the game, he performs. When he mentally wanders, we get no points and utter stupidity from him on the ice ... the hold, too many men on the ice, etc. If he doesn't fix the focus issue, he'll never thrive anywhere at the NHL level.

Old
12-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
At an Xmas party tonight so will watching on delay. Need to keep the ship somewhat afloat here; have had a good stretch and not particularly bothered by the 3-1 loss to easily the best team in the NHL (imo).

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 03:34 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
You felt the same disaster when he won three in a row.
I did. Sometimes I miss, not many though.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 03:57 PM
weeze

I don't agree that this was Wilson not being mentally there. He, along with Smith, Stahlberg and any other somewhat gifted forward get brainwashed into giving up their offensive talents to become a Trotz 2-way player with Defense being #1. The 3 game stretch where we played, and went 2-0-1, Phoenix (should have won), LA and Colorado (at that time the best team in the league) we played fast and scored a lot of goals. That was fun to watch. Sure we gave up some goals but the players looked like they were having fun. Then we sent Forsberg to Milwaukee and the wheels fell off. Not saying him not playing was the cause but it sure looked like the team did not like that call by the way they played.

Since Sully left, the Preds have had no real big top 3 threat. Lombardi might have been if not for the concussion. We have some good young top 6 forwards but I feel the Trotz way is hampering their progression and skills. I will always pull for the Preds, will not want to tank but I do think a change (Trotz first) is needed if this team, or future teams, is to move forward and become the team we all want them to be. TIOLI

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 04:08 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
I don't agree that this was Wilson not being mentally there. He, along with Smith, Stahlberg and any other somewhat gifted forward get brainwashed into giving up their offensive talents to become a Trotz 2-way player with Defense being #1. The 3 game stretch where we played, and went 2-0-1, Phoenix (should have won), LA and Colorado (at that time the best team in the league) we played fast and scored a lot of goals. That was fun to watch. Sure we gave up some goals but the players looked like they were having fun. Then we sent Forsberg to Milwaukee and the wheels fell off. Not saying him not playing was the cause but it sure looked like the team did not like that call by the way they played.

Since Sully left, the Preds have had no real big top 3 threat. Lombardi might have been if not for the concussion. We have some good young top 6 forwards but I feel the Trotz way is hampering their progression and skills. I will always pull for the Preds, will not want to tank but I do think a change (Trotz first) is needed if this team, or future teams, is to move forward and become the team we all want them to be. TIOLI
Then please explain why when Wilson is mentally there he performs without the asinine penalties compared to his play of late, especially vs Chicago.

Old
12-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:

Well said and the key words here...." The players looked like they were having fun!" I did catch one of those games and as a fan of hockey and Preds being one of my favourite teams.....it was way more fun to watch!
Good luck tonight! May only catch "bits and pieces" tonight

Old
12-19-2013, 04:46 PM
weeze

Quote:
Then please explain why when Wilson is mentally there he performs without the asinine penalties compared to his play of late, especially vs Chicago.
I know I mentioned Wilson but I also could have said Smith, Bourque, Stahlberg and any other gifted young player. These young guys play on a tight wire. One false (bad) move and they get yanked off of the wire and put in the dog house. While some other players get to make stupid mistakes and nothing is said or done about that (Legwand, Clune, Hendricks, Gaustad).

It has been well stated in this forum how some players are treated without a concern and others treated as though someone is watching to see a mistake so that player can be benched. NOT a fan of that kind of motivation or discipline.

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 04:58 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I know I mentioned Wilson but I also could have said Smith, Bourque, Stahlberg and any other gifted young player. These young guys play on a tight wire. One false (bad) move and they get yanked off of the wire and put in the dog house. While some other players get to make stupid mistakes and nothing is said or done about that (Legwand, Clune, Hendricks, Gaustad).

It has been well stated in this forum how some players are treated without a concern and others treated as though someone is watching to see a mistake so that player can be benched. NOT a fan of that kind of motivation or discipline.
The thing is they don't get pulled after one bad move. It takes a series of them. They don't start losing ice time until they've turned mistakes into a trend. Wilson with one SOG over the past three games .... 2 penalties (not counting the too many men that get credited to the bench ... so four penalties) ... Smith is playing streaky hockey as well but is at least shooting the puck with only two games without a SOG dating to the beginning of November ... Bourque remains one of the odd men out when we're relatively healthy and it comes down to him or Spaling most nights ... Stalberg started the year injured, was slow to get to speed, and sat as a result early but is a nightly fixture in the past couple months.

Last edited by 101st_fan: 12-19-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old
12-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
His game against Chicago he took 2 penalties...correct! With those 4 minutes served he lost "Lowest penalty minutes of the forwards, now at 8...Spaling leading with just 4
Obviously you are not a big fan, and not saying you should be but the asinine penalty comment was not warranted. Holding penalties happen, it was a "weak" call, but was a penalty. Too many men happened twice, not just once, and has happened often this season. ( sometimes it's the coach who is not focussing?)
As a previous posted commented, every guy on your team has made the same mistakes, often, but the "go to guys" ie: Smith, Bourque, Wilson are the ones singled out.

Old
12-19-2013, 05:22 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
You put your best offensive player in the box when you have the choice... thought this was common knowledge.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
You put your best offensive player in the box when you have the choice... thought this was common knowledge.
Personally, I thought that the second TMI penalty was caused by Weber playing the puck as Bartley entered the play for him. I specifically remember having three D on the ice when the whistle blew.

The first TMI penalty I'm not sure what caused it, but Wilson serving doesn't mean he was in fact the guy that jumped. Stalberg served the second TMI penalty as it has to be a player on the ice.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Lake View Post
Personally, I thought that the second TMI penalty was caused by Weber playing the puck as Bartley entered the play for him. I specifically remember having three D on the ice when the whistle blew.

The first TMI penalty I'm not sure what caused it, but Wilson serving doesn't mean he was in fact the guy that jumped. Stalberg served the second TMI penalty as it has to be a player on the ice.
Wilson jumped on for Stalberg which caused the too many men on the first one ( probably because he had just been moved from right to left wing, but no excuses) the second one was 3 D being the cause, you are correct.

Old
12-19-2013, 06:43 PM
RomanEmpire

Good God our defense is terrible.

Right in front of Jones too.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Tonight's game appears to be a re-run.

Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 06:48 PM
RomanEmpire

Hey let's watch a puck just sit right in front of our goalie and not touch it.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 06:48 PM
hockey diva

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote