HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unstoppable. Habs win 3-2.

Old
12-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

vCash: 500
That one 2 on 1 Subban broke up and then leveled one of the guys in the corner..

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 09:00 AM
otto bond

Very hugly win but I would run with it. Never easy vs Brodeur and Jersey, suprised, we walk away with the win

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

I don't like griping after a win, but really does Josh Gorges have ANY offensive sense whatsoever? Guy handles the puck like it's a live grenade.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I don't like griping after a win, but really does Josh Gorges have ANY offensive sense whatsoever? Guy handles the puck like it's a live grenade.
Nope. It's hot potato for Gorges. He tends to just dump the puck when ever he gets the chance.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 09:28 AM
sventington

Murray is about the same in that regard...but at least Murray can hit. Well, I suppose he can screen his goalie as well...

sventington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Nope. It's hot potato for Gorges. He tends to just dump the puck when ever he gets the chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sventington View Post
Murray is about the same in that regard...but at least Murray can hit. Well, I suppose he can screen his goalie as well...
Hey man, I'm happy to settle for defensive responsibility from both of them! Murray has ironed out some of those early mental gaffes and has become reliable.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Hey man, I'm happy to settle for defensive responsibility from both of them! Murray has ironed out some of those early mental gaffes and has become reliable.
Yep, I agree. I don't think any team in the NHL has 6 defencemen with a strong sense of offense. Im happy with their defensive work more than disappointed on their lack of offense.

Old
12-03-2013, 09:52 AM
No Team Needed

If Gorges had offensive talent he would be making a lot more than $3.9M.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Big Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sventington View Post
at least murray shoots the puck on net

something bouillon never does... even on PP

Big Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 09:57 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
lol I get it that some of you are excited, but Chucky was nowhere to be seen apart from his goal. He's still not playing well enough imho.
It's obvious Chucky still has some learning to do. There were a few times in the O zone, he made a play to get around the dman but then ran out of room and didn't know what to do, so he just passed it to the slot and gave it away.

He same thing when he did those dekes, he ran out of room and couldn't do anything. I'd like to see him play with someone like Pleks and maybe Patches, give him some more experienced players to learn from.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 10:13 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

What the hell is this ****?...

http://bloguin.com/puckdrunklove/201...rsey-goal.html

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
a guy being an *******?

its also possible that the guy was celebrating for too long, but i doubt it.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
a guy being an *******?

its also possible that the guy was celebrating for too long, but i doubt it.
No I saw it on TV and it was right after Ryder scored when they turn the camera to the crowd. It was odd.

Gros Bonhomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Uber Coca

I'd like to hear from the ''experts'' and armchair coaches in the media that called Therrien's handling of Subban ''dangerous'' and ''inappropriate''. Subban has become a beast and is dominant everywhere on the ice.

Fact is, Therrien has done a great job since taking over. The results are there.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Yep, I agree. I don't think any team in the NHL has 6 defencemen with a strong sense of offense. Im happy with their defensive work more than disappointed on their lack of offense.
I think I'd settle for SOME sense of offense. You said it, hot potato. He's never looking for an opportunity just getting rid of the puck as quickly as he can. I don't trust turnover stats in the NHL at all, but you have to figure there's some relationship between his shot blocking totals and his propensity to dump the puck off at the earliest possible time.

I have no problem with players being assigned defensive roles but I think a player at the NHL level needs to be able to move the puck in the offensive game when it's appropriate. The 5 on 5 game is so much easier to defend when you know one guy has no ability to make things happen.

Even Bouillon and Murray, as limited as they are seem to be able to get the puck AT THE NET even if they need a carom or something fortunate to happen.

I guess this sounds like Gorges bashing, maybe it's a lack of appreciation for other things but I think this team could lose Gorges and not miss a step . IMHO.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 10:31 AM
ak90210

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticHab View Post
You don't play well, you get benched. That's how it should work and there should be no exceptions to the rule. Therrien was entirely right to sit him down.
First of all, the idea that Therrien consistently benches guys who aren't playing well is ridiculous. Secondly, no you shouldn't and there shouldn't be exceptions to the rule because there shouldn't be a rule set in stone in the first place, every player should be treated slightly differently and play under a slightly different set of rules (Parcells philosophy). Finally would you bench Crosby in the third down a goal if he had a couple bad periods or was on a 2-3 game pointless streak? Of course not, so that's not how it should work and there should be exceptions.

ak90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Guillaume Lefrançois @GLefrancoisRC
Selon @EliasSports, c'est la 1re fois depuis 1976 que les #Habs accordent 2 buts ou moins dans 11 matchs de suite

Sweet

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 10:45 AM
NinetyThree24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak90210 View Post
First of all, the idea that Therrien consistently benches guys who aren't playing well is ridiculous. Secondly, no you shouldn't and there shouldn't be exceptions to the rule because there shouldn't be a rule set in stone in the first place, every player should be treated slightly differently and play under a slightly different set of rules (Parcells philosophy). Finally would you bench Crosby in the third down a goal if he had a couple bad periods or was on a 2-3 game pointless streak? Of course not, so that's not how it should work and there should be exceptions.
I think you're right, you can't handle every player the same.

That being said, I don't think Chucky's benching was entirely about his play. I saw it as punishment for a stupid penalty that opened the door for the Leafs late in the 2nd when we were in complete control.

He's a young guy and was clearly bummed by the benching, but I'm guessing he got the message. Be smarter, be more disciplined, goals against late in periods are killers.

NinetyThree24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Guillaume Lefrançois @GLefrancoisRC
Selon @EliasSports, c'est la 1re fois depuis 1976 que les #Habs accordent 2 buts ou moins dans 11 matchs de suite

Sweet
That's awesome... Funny how Therrien kept saying they need to score 3 goals to win games.

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
If this was while the action was going on, it happens alot. You're asked to sit down while the game is going on. Also, if you went to the bathroom, your not allowed to return to your seat until off-play.

Old
12-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Tuggy

It was after Ryder's goal and TSN-Habs showed it. I thought it was pretty bad when I saw it.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Andy

Is this the longest streak since 2007 that we have a healthy lineup?

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
So... what's up with that bird at the Bell Centre i've been hearing?

Gros Bonhomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I think I'd settle for SOME sense of offense. You said it, hot potato. He's never looking for an opportunity just getting rid of the puck as quickly as he can. I don't trust turnover stats in the NHL at all, but you have to figure there's some relationship between his shot blocking totals and his propensity to dump the puck off at the earliest possible time.

I have no problem with players being assigned defensive roles but I think a player at the NHL level needs to be able to move the puck in the offensive game when it's appropriate. The 5 on 5 game is so much easier to defend when you know one guy has no ability to make things happen.

Even Bouillon and Murray, as limited as they are seem to be able to get the puck AT THE NET even if they need a carom or something fortunate to happen.

I guess this sounds like Gorges bashing, maybe it's a lack of appreciation for other things but I think this team could lose Gorges and not miss a step . IMHO.
He might break a lot of plays for us offensively but he does the same thing for our opposition, last night Gorges was our best defenseman beside the General and PK.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
It was after Ryder's goal and TSN-Habs showed it. I thought it was pretty bad when I saw it.
If it was after, that's pretty stupid. Unless the fan was being an *******, which I doubt.