HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question from an out of towner...

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Jesse

vCash: 500
Question from an out of towner...

Question here from a Pen's fan.

I've always enjoyed watching Pens/Sabres play, If I were to root for one other Eastern team it'd be you guys, we find ourselves in a similar predicament salary-wise.

My question is wether or not Jochen Hecht will return to Buffalo? I know he is restricted, but has there been any talk concerning him?

Also, does it look like Zhitnik will walk? If so, how much money do you think he'd require to sign?

Thanks in advance.

Old
07-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgopens71

I've always enjoyed watching Pens/Sabres play, If I were to root for one other Eastern team it'd be you guys, we find ourselves in a similar predicament salary-wise.

My question is wether or not Jochen Hecht will return to Buffalo? I know he is restricted, but has there been any talk concerning him?

Also, does it look like Zhitnik will walk? If so, how much money do you think he'd require to sign?

Thanks in advance.
Hecht is definitely in the Sabres plans and was their best all-around forward last season. When he was injured, things fell apart on multipul lines since few can do what he does regardless of linemates forcing Ruff to juggle.

As for Zhitnik, he's now a Gandler client, and Mark is asking for something in the 3 million/4 year range for his client. Asking---not necessarily getting---but he was quoted as looking to get what the Sabres had offered pre-lockout with rollback ($4 million/4 years x 76% is 3.06 million per).

Must be nice being a Pens fan. Winning the Crosby derby, Malkin already drafted, Fleury in the fold and Le Manifique still around to tutor the kids. I hope y'all get the new rink too.

07-27-2005, 05:09 PM
rigger

I agree, I would have given my left nut for that crosby pick (only if my right one worked well). With the young guys you have, in a couple years the eastern conference leaders would look like this.

1) Pittsburgh
2) Washington
3) Atlanta
4) Florida
5) Tampa

I hope you get the new rink to and revitalize that market, or you will be shipped soon. If you had to get shipped I would hope it's winnipeg.

Old
07-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Jesse

The city is still going nuts with Crosby-Mania. Malkin will hopefully get signed before camp and things will be looking up for us.

GM Craig Patrick and Mario are talking about signing a big time defenseman, that's why I inquired of Zhitnik.

I'm gonna try and fly out to Buffalo for the Back to Back's we have in December, never been to HSBC before.

Old
07-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
The city is still going nuts with Crosby-Mania. Malkin will hopefully get signed before camp and things will be looking up for us.

GM Craig Patrick and Mario are talking about signing a big time defenseman, that's why I inquired of Zhitnik.

I'm gonna try and fly out to Buffalo for the Back to Back's we have in December, never been to HSBC before.
I would think they (Mario and Craig) would be in the Foote/Neidermayer race and look to someone like Zhitnik (or Aucoin) as a second option.

Flying up? It seems so foreign to me, since I've driven it. Granted, there is always the chance of bad weather....

Old
07-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
I would think they (Mario and Craig) would be in the Foote/Neidermayer race and look to someone like Zhitnik (or Aucoin) as a second option.

Flying up? It seems so foreign to me, since I've driven it. Granted, there is always the chance of bad weather....
Neidermayer wants the league max, and we can't afford that. Foote is an option, he's friends with Mario and the two have a long standing relationship, but for some reason that seems too good to be true.

I say flying, because anytime you drive through central/northern Pennsylvania you're subject to falling asleep at the wheel out of sheer boredom. It's a short trip in the air and a lot more relaxing.

Chance of bad weather, eh? Isn't that synonymous with Buffalo? I remember when we played you guys in the eastern semi's, local penguins beat writer said "I now know what HSBC stands for -- Holy Snowflake!! Buffalo's Cold!!!"

Old
07-27-2005, 09:50 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
I say flying, because anytime you drive through central/northern Pennsylvania you're subject to falling asleep at the wheel out of sheer boredom. It's a short trip in the air and a lot more relaxing.
This is so true, I love Pennsylvania and all, but traveling through it is shear boredom. In fact me and the fam are gonna be goin through it tomorrow, we are headed to Cedar Point for the weekend...

Old
07-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Buffalo Stylee

Quote:
Chance of bad weather, eh? Isn't that synonymous with Buffalo? I remember when we played you guys in the eastern semi's, local penguins beat writer said "I now know what HSBC stands for -- Holy Snowflake!! Buffalo's Cold!!!"
Ehhhhh, you seem like a nice guy so I'll spare you the lashing I would give others who assume we have bad weather constantly, even though we have more sunny days in the summer than any other city in the Northeast U.S.

Old
07-27-2005, 11:48 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:

might want to get tix asap
crosby games will not last long, especially being so close to canada

Old
07-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Question here from a Yotes fan.

The dogs are kinda thin on LW and I have always liked Hecht. <I know most of you do, too...> However, has he been re-signed? What's the scoop?

Thanks bunches, folks.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzel
Question here from a Yotes fan.

The dogs are kinda thin on LW and I have always liked Hecht. <I know most of you do, too...> However, has he been re-signed? What's the scoop?

Thanks bunches, folks.
Hecht is definitely in the Sabres plans and was their best all-around forward last season. When he was injured, things fell apart on multipul lines since few can do what he does regardless of linemates forcing Ruff to juggle.

Old
07-29-2005, 11:04 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Thanks, Chainshot. -> Is resigning Hecht a formality?

Old
07-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzel
Thanks, Chainshot. -> Is resigning Hecht a formality?
Yes.

Considering how well he played when he was healthy, how the team lurched with him out of the lineup, and the price they paid in draft picks to get him... it should be a certainty that he is resigned.

Closed Thread