HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part VI: Do Anything

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Anaheim got a very good package for Ryan. Silfverberg was as highly regarded in Ottawa as Zibanejad is/was(?).
Bryan Murray made that trade with his brother. Bryan Murray's prospect guy is the son of Anaheim's GM.

Don't think Slats gets a family discount.

Old
12-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Bryan Murray made that trade with his brother. Bryan Murray's prospect guy is the son of Anaheim's GM.

he has that so called family in Edmonton, maybe he can snag Nurse i know it wont happen but it would be nice if it did

Old
12-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Savant

Quote:

This. I got the impression Anaheim made one phone call. The Ryan trade was done and announced right after Alfredsson went to Detroit and Ottawa needed good PR. I don't think any other teams made an offer even.

Old
12-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

speculation

File this under pure speculation and then qualify it with this: I' don't know a damn thing.

Having said that, I have s sneaking suspicion that Mr. Slats might be getting desperate. Desperate enought to possibly trade Henrik for ( a 2nd line C plus a big time scoring winger?)

Are they floating a trial balloon with Talbot? Is he considering going with Cam in order to get some big time proven forwards that can score so the Rangers can make a run NOW?

Sather is getting up there in years, has been around a looooong time in NY and has not won it all. Is it possible that he senses that his days as a GM are waning and he has to take his shot NOW?

He fired our previous coach after what was really a respectable season. He cannot fire AV now or he'll look like an idiot, and we are currently what our record says we are.

There is a lot at stake.

Is this feasible?

12-03-2013, 06:14 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Tim Murray is the nephew of Bryan Murray. Tim is the Senators AGM. He worked for his uncle in Florida and then Anaheim. The Rangers hired Tim when Brian Burke became Ducks GM. Bryan was the Sens head coach and then became GM. He hired his nephew as his AGM.

Ottawa had talked with Anaheim about Ryan. The holdup was the pick. Anaheim wanted a first rounder. Ottawa was offering a second rounder. Alfredsson left for the Wings which surprised Bryan Murray. He agreed to give up the #1 after Alfredsson left.

Old
12-03-2013, 06:17 PM
ck20

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
File this under pure speculation and then qualify it with this: I' don't know a damn thing.

Having said that, I have s sneaking suspicion that Mr. Slats might be getting desperate. Desperate enought to possibly trade Henrik for ( a 2nd line C plus a big time scoring winger?)

Are they floating a trial balloon with Talbot? Is he considering going with Cam in order to get some big time proven forwards that can score so the Rangers can make a run NOW?

Sather is getting up there in years, has been around a looooong time in NY and has not won it all. Is it possible that he senses that his days as a GM are waning and he has to take his shot NOW?

He fired our previous coach after what was really a respectable season. He cannot fire AV now or he'll look like an idiot, and we are currently what our record says we are.

There is a lot at stake.

Is this feasible?
There's absolutely nothing at stake for Sather. He's had his job for, what, 13-14 years now? And has one ECF appearance to show for it. Dolan literally said Sather is GM until he wants to leave.

Old
12-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck20 View Post
There's absolutely nothing at stake for Sather. He's had his job for, what, 13-14 years now? And has one ECF appearance to show for it. Dolan literally said Sather is GM until he wants to leave.
I don't think he's worried about losing his job. I think he thought he would have won one by now, and he sees the window closing.

Old
12-03-2013, 06:26 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Tim Murray was a Rangers amateur scout/Assistant director of player personnel for two seasons. 2005-06 and 06-07. He was Clark's assistant. Jeff Gorton was promoted to replace Murray after he left for Ottawa. Gorton joined the Rangers as a scout in 2007 after getting fired by the Bruins.

Old
12-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck20 View Post
He never will. He will die GM of the Rangers.

Old
12-03-2013, 06:40 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
He never will. He will die GM of the Rangers.
And Dolan will pull a "weekend at bernie's". Miraculously, the team will then improve.

Old
12-03-2013, 06:51 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
20 scouts/mgmt repping 15 teams at SJ/TOR game: WAS, CGY, STL, BUF (2), BOS, EDM, MTL (3), NYR (2), VAN (2), PHI, WPG, PIT, FLA, NAS, OTT
https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/...29871319683072

The Rangers can't get their forward for DZ. Can they get the forward for Staal?

Old
12-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Might be the trade chip with the most value that the Rangers would even entertain trading.

That said, MDZ seems on hiss way out regardless. Things get shaky on the backend.

Old
12-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:

I don't understand why they can't get a forward for MDZ. Brent Burns was traded for Devin Setoguchi, Charlie Coyle and a 1st round pick in 2011. Burns was a season away from Group III. 26 years old.

Old
12-03-2013, 07:02 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's true. He was also coming off seasons of 36, 33, 46 and 29 goals with a very reasonable cap hit for years to come.

Please offer some names of players like that who will be available. Reasonably priced players who have averaged 34 goals the four seasons before he was dealt and are under 28.

Lets not forget as a center whos 6'3" as well

Old
12-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:

I'd rather reserve trading Staal for Ryan Murphy and a Carolina 1st.

Old
12-03-2013, 07:20 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I don't understand why they can't get a forward for MDZ. Brent Burns was traded for Devin Setoguchi, Charlie Coyle and a 1st round pick in 2011. Burns was a season away from Group III. 26 years old.

To reiterate, similar move have been made. Gologoski to Dallas. Neal to Pittsburgh. Johnson to Colorado. Stewart to St. Louis. Defense for forward. Del Zotto has value. They need the right fit.

12-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Brent Burns wasn't a forward when he was dealt. Or was that the point? Haha

I've read that there's talk of moving Gardiner up front. Maybe we should get him.

Edit: I just realized this post makes no sense. Just ignore it.

Burns was a 1st pair D when he was traded.

Last edited by Tawnos: 12-03-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old
12-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Mikos87

Quote:
That is an excellent comparable.

Looking at Carolina's roster that's Jeff Skinner, top prospect, and a 1st. I'd be very wary of Skinner, but if that prospect is Ryan Murphy? Well that is fair value considering the head injuries being a concern for Marc and Jeff.

I just don't know if Skinner can return to rookie form, is he a self motivated player?

Can Ryan Murphy defend at the NHL level?

Is Elias Lindholm up for discussion?

Old
12-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
That is an excellent comparable.

Looking at Carolina's roster that's Jeff Skinner, top prospect, and a 1st. I'd be very wary of Skinner, but if that prospect is Ryan Murphy? Well that is fair value considering the head injuries being a concern for Marc and Jeff.

I just don't know if Skinner can return to rookie form, is he a self motivated player?

Can Ryan Murphy defend at the NHL level?

Is Elias Lindholm up for discussion?
I'd like Lindholm, Murphy, McGinn. Big fan of McGinn. Solid prospect.

Old
12-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Skinner, Murphy, and a high first for Staal? Are you guys high? This is Marc Staal, not Duncan Keith.

Old
12-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Skinner, Murphy, and a high first for Staal? Are you guys high? This is Marc Staal, not Duncan Keith.
Was coming to post something along these lines. Not that NYR needs to take garbage from Carolina either, but it will be impossible to get anything close to fair value from that team for Staal.

Old
12-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Alvvays
Marle **3

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
Was coming to post something along these lines. Not that NYR needs to take garbage from Carolina either, but it will be impossible to get anything close to fair value from that team for Staal.
Pittsburgh got tons of value for J. Staal. 9th overall, Sutter, and Dumoulin, a solid D prospect.

12-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Pittsburgh got tons of value for J. Staal. 9th overall, Sutter, and Dumoulin, a solid D prospect.
Skinner > Sutter
Murphy >>>> Dumoulin
1st is a ?

Old
12-03-2013, 08:14 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Yeah, but you have to remember that J Staal is a 1st line C just stuck behind Sid and Malkin....

Old
12-03-2013, 08:15 PM
ck20

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
I don't think he's worried about losing his job. I think he thought he would have won one by now, and he sees the window closing.
Again, he's had his job for 13-14 years now in NY. He won 4 Cups in Edmonton. Money is the name of the game and he's winning. Not sure where you think this pressure is suddenly coming from. He'll pull the trigger on a trade when he's good and ready.

Closed Thread