HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tor-NJ

Old
12-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Hockey 4 Life

vCash: 500
Tor-NJ

Toronto has no trouble putting up points but seemingly can't keep enough of them out of there net, the devils on the other hand have the opposite problem. Could a trade like this work for both teams ?

To
Leafs
Zajac(5.75m signed through 2019/20)
Larsson(925k rfa next year)
Volchenkov(4.25 signed through 2016/17 )
Ryder(3.5m signed through 2015/16)
Total = 14.425 m

Devils
Bozak(4.2m signed through 2018/19)
Lupul( 5.25m signed through 2018/19)
Gardiner(875k rfa next year)
Liles(3.875m signed through 2016/17)
Gauthier (prospect)
Total = 14.195 m

This is a massive trade but I believe it would plug holes for both teams for now and the future and the cap is very close. Each team gives up established players as well as a high potential players, and swap bad contracts. What do you guys think ?

Last edited by Hockey 4 Life: 12-11-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:12 AM
lelo07

no thx we aren't giving up larsson period , not to mention thats a bad trade , liles sucks , so does bozak

lelo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelo07 View Post
no thx we aren't giving up larsson period , not to mention thats a bad trade , liles sucks , so does bozak
Oh I'm sorry I didnt realize that volchenkov was up for the norris my mistake. Take the homer glasses off.

Old
12-11-2013, 12:19 AM
Jot

Value's the leafs more.

I don't really see an incentive for NJ to touch this trade at all.

Jot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Nazemlupul

Larsson isn't worth taking on three salary dumps. No thanks

Nazemlupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

definitely no from leafs...

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:24 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
Oh I'm sorry I didnt realize that volchenkov was up for the norris my mistake. Take the homer glasses off.
he actually never mentioned volchenkov in that sentence

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
No thanks

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelo07 View Post
Bozak is worth more than Zajcrap

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Sonic Disturbance
Grandmaster User

vCash: 447
No from the Leafs, and I doubt NJ does this as well. They still think Larsson will be a top-pairing D-man. Zajac is a nice player but his contract is horrid.

Sonic Disturbance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:26 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazemlupul View Post
Larsson isn't worth taking on three salary dumps. No thanks
In all fairness, I see one salary dump. Not to mention you're giving up at least one, perhaps two, depending on how you value Bozak.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Sonic Disturbance
Grandmaster User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
In all fairness, I see one salary dump. Not to mention you're giving up at least one, perhaps two, depending on how you value Bozak.
There's no way in hell Zajac is worth 5.75 or Volchenkov is worth 4.5. Maybe like four years ago.

Old
12-11-2013, 12:28 AM
MountainGoat

vCash:
no ****ing way

Old
12-11-2013, 12:32 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Sure the leafs give up lupul and gards as their main pieces but they upgrade their 1c and top 4 shutdown rhd in one trade. I believe with the leafs Zajac and Larsson would progress and return to form. On the other side jersey gets gardiner who is progressing nicely and has a lot of offense to his game as well as gaining Lupul who when healthy is a ppg winger to put along side henrique for the top line. Bozak can slot in as a solid two way number two and the devils get a solid prospect in gauthier. Liles and volchenkov are cap dumps that can help each team. Also leafs get ryder to help minimize the loss of lupul. Devils offense goes up and two way play shouldnt suffer, leafs defense goes up and offense shouldnt suffer win win lol.

Old
12-11-2013, 12:34 AM
CRSeven
Ballon d'Or 2013

Why would NJ trade Larsson for pretty much a bunch of crap?

CRSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Dragon 81 View Post
There's no way in hell Zajac is worth 5.75 or Volchenkov is worth 4.5. Maybe like four years ago.
Zajac has been extremely good defensively this year, and has proven he's capable of putting up points with good wingers. I'd be willing to assume he'd put up some pretty nice numbers between JVR and Kessel. Volchenkov, no, certainly not. But keep in mind, Larsson is in that trade, who's worth a ton. Meanwhile you manage to dump Liles. Not suggesting you should do the deal, but the Leafs fan complaining about 3 "cap dumps" and Larsson is just plain wrong. Not to mention he apparently did not realize that you guys are giving up a cap dump as well. But w/e, I have no stake in this argument.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sonic Disturbance
Grandmaster User

Quote:
Sure the leafs give up lupul and gards as their main pieces but they upgrade their 1c and top 4 shutdown rhd in one trade. I believe with the leafs Zajac and Larsson would progress and return to form. On the other side jersey gets gardiner who is progressing nicely and has a lot of offense to his game as well as gaining Lupul who when healthy is a ppg winger to put along side henrique for the top line. Bozak can slot in as a solid two way number two and the devils get a solid prospect in gauthier. Liles and volchenkov are cap dumps that can help each team. Also leafs get ryder to help minimize the loss of lupul. Devils offense goes up and two way play shouldnt suffer, leafs defense goes up and offense shouldnt suffer win win lol.
Zajac is definitely not a #1 center. He's become a shutdown forward that is great defensively but poor offensively. Kadri would be above him on the depth chart. I'm also not that high on Larsson as most people are. He COULD be a good player or just another bust. Ryder is also a big downgrade from Lupul. No reason to give up a promising guy like Gardiner who's been great the last 10 games.

Old
kihei

vCash: 2102
It seems like an impossibly contrived trade and from the Leafs perspective I would not want to make it.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

Zajac, Volchenkov, Liles and Bozak are all salary dumps lol. Why not just take all of them out.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Nazemlupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Zajac has a brutual contract. He has turned into an offensive black hole he's a third liner on a lot of teams in the leauge. I rather have Bolland over him so he would probabaly be a 4th liner in Toronto. Bozak has chemistry with kessel and JVR on the first line, Kadri has second line center locked up. I'm not paying someone that much to play 4th line center.

Old
12-11-2013, 12:40 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Zajac is definitely not a #1 center. He's become a shutdown forward that is great defensively but poor offensively. Kadri would be above him on the depth chart. I'm also not that high on Larsson as most people are. He COULD be a good player or just another bust. Ryder is also a big downgrade from Lupul.
Zajac between jvr and kessel would in my opinion put up 60 points while giving almost selke defensive play on the leafs, Larsson would be a very good top 4 rhd who could find his whole game in toronto paired with phaneuf or mo riles. Jersey would have a very good top line winger who may not replace what parise or kovalchuk brought but he would be the best winger on the team and that would help a lot. The devils also have a solid core of two way and shutdown d men and gards would be great for them on the pp and wouldnt be a liability either no that he has begun to round out his game. Basically the leafs can afford to move there pieces because of an area of strength and the devils can move their pieces because of cap reasons and the fact that it will make their team better now and in the near future.

Old
12-11-2013, 12:47 AM
Sonic Disturbance
Grandmaster User

Quote:
Zajac between jvr and kessel would in my opinion put up 60 points while giving almost selke defensive play on the leafs, Larsson would be a very good top 4 rhd who could find his whole game in toronto paired with phaneuf or mo riles. Jersey would have a very good top line winger who may not replace what parise or kovalchuk brought but he would be the best winger on the team and that would help a lot. The devils also have a solid core of two way and shutdown d men and gards would be great for them on the pp and wouldnt be a liability either no that he has begun to round out his game. Basically the leafs can afford to move there pieces because of an area of strength and the devils can move their pieces because of cap reasons and the fact that it will make their team better now and in the near future.
Zajac has 38 points in his last 93 games, a 33 point per 82 game pace (last three seasons). He also makes 5.75M per until 2020. We already grossly overpaid for Clarkson, don't need another bloated contract. I wouldn't take Zajac for free.

Old
12-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Nazemlupul

Quote:
Zajac has 38 points in his last 93 games, a 33 point per 82 game pace (last three seasons). He also makes 5.75M per until 2020. We already grossly overpaid for Clarkson, don't need another bloated contract. I wouldn't take Zajac for free.
I agree 100%

Old
12-11-2013, 01:28 AM
The Beyonder

Both Nonis and Lou would have to be high on some potent crack for them to do a trade remotely as crazy as this. Jesus Christ!

The Beyonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 06:00 AM
CreeksideStrangler

When do you ever see trades like this? Isn't there a caution against trading half your team on trade boards?

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote