HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers re-sign Henrik Lundqvist [7 years, $59.5M, $8.5M AAV, Full NMC]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-04-2013, 06:18 PM
  #576
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
What is the problem with 8.5 million a year?

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:19 PM
  #577
Raspewtin
Fire Clowneault
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: France
Posts: 33,044
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Money aside, I turned on the news when I got home and caught a Lundqvist interview where he referenced how happy he is that he'll be "a Ranger for life." And Ive got to admit, I got a little emotional.

Ive been watching this team since the late 80's, and the only other great player that retired as a career Ranger was Richter, and it never really felt like he retired because he didnt go out the way he wanted to. The suits even traded Leetch.

I think we should be happy and proud of this, instead of worrying about 2020 or bickering over dollars. Because if theres one thing I can guarantee when this contract is over, its you'll be watching Lundqvist's # being risen to the rafters and you will smile.
I'm STILL mad about the Leetch trade. My favorite player ever.

Glad Lundy's here for life. You're damn right I'll cry when his number is raised.

__________________
"UGH! NOW WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH THIS CUSTOM "CAPSPACE" JERSEY?!?!" - East Coast Bias.
Raspewtin is online now  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:21 PM
  #578
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast
 
The Gloaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Money aside, I turned on the news when I got home and caught a Lundqvist interview where he referenced how happy he is that he'll be "a Ranger for life." And Ive got to admit, I got a little emotional.

Ive been watching this team since the late 80's, and the only other great player that retired as a career Ranger was Richter, and it never really felt like he retired because he didnt go out the way he wanted to. The suits even traded Leetch.

I think we should be happy and proud of this, instead of worrying about 2020 or bickering over dollars. Because if theres one thing I can guarantee when this contract is over, its you'll be watching Lundqvist's # being risen to the rafters and you will smile.


Great post. So much bickering going on over the greatest goalie this franchise has seen.

The Gloaming is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:22 PM
  #579
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Money aside, I turned on the news when I got home and caught a Lundqvist interview where he referenced how happy he is that he'll be "a Ranger for life." And Ive got to admit, I got a little emotional.

Ive been watching this team since the late 80's, and the only other great player that retired as a career Ranger was Richter, and it never really felt like he retired because he didnt go out the way he wanted to. The suits even traded Leetch.

I think we should be happy and proud of this, instead of worrying about 2020 or bickering over dollars. Because if theres one thing I can guarantee when this contract is over, its you'll be watching Lundqvist's # being risen to the rafters and you will smile.


well said

Riverdale is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:23 PM
  #580
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Good post Bleed Ranger Blue.

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:24 PM
  #581
Kwayry
Registered User
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,974
vCash: 500
Good signing. The unquestionable best goaltender in the world for the last 4 or 5 years. Multiple Vezina finalist, finally a well deserved Vezina trophy. I felt he should have won it last year too.
As far as terms, maybe 5 years would have been perfect, but the last 2 years he deserves for carrying the franchise on his back so far.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:27 PM
  #582
ajdj10
Registered User
 
ajdj10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Australia
Posts: 963
vCash: 500
So if Hank's getting $60mil, Talbot will get at least twice as much right?

ajdj10 is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:28 PM
  #583
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdj10 View Post
So if Hank's getting $60mil, Talbot will get at least twice as much right?

THRice

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:31 PM
  #584
LeetchisGod
Stop kicking the can
 
LeetchisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Money aside, I turned on the news when I got home and caught a Lundqvist interview where he referenced how happy he is that he'll be "a Ranger for life." And Ive got to admit, I got a little emotional.

Ive been watching this team since the late 80's, and the only other great player that retired as a career Ranger was Richter, and it never really felt like he retired because he didnt go out the way he wanted to. The suits even traded Leetch.

I think we should be happy and proud of this, instead of worrying about 2020 or bickering over dollars. Because if theres one thing I can guarantee when this contract is over, its you'll be watching Lundqvist's # being risen to the rafters and you will smile.
Couldn't agree more.

LeetchisGod is online now  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:31 PM
  #585
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,458
vCash: 500
There are some people who will actually speak highly of the 6 jokers consistently hanging the King out to dry.

This guy was worth the 10 if he really needed it.

CHGoalie27 is online now  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:41 PM
  #586
Bullseyes
Registered User
 
Bullseyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Money aside, I turned on the news when I got home and caught a Lundqvist interview where he referenced how happy he is that he'll be "a Ranger for life." And Ive got to admit, I got a little emotional.

Ive been watching this team since the late 80's, and the only other great player that retired as a career Ranger was Richter, and it never really felt like he retired because he didnt go out the way he wanted to. The suits even traded Leetch.

I think we should be happy and proud of this, instead of worrying about 2020 or bickering over dollars. Because if theres one thing I can guarantee when this contract is over, its you'll be watching Lundqvist's # being risen to the rafters and you will smile.
Great post.

Bullseyes is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:43 PM
  #587
Machinehead
Weidmanns Heil
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Germany
Posts: 67,583
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
What is the problem with 8.5 million a year?
It's....


__________________
Machinehead is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:44 PM
  #588
Thirty One
k.
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,034
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
What is the problem with 8.5 million a year?
There are starving kids in Africa, and those kids' favorite NHL team's goalie counts only $7 million against the cap.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:44 PM
  #589
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's....


So? How much did you expect?

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:45 PM
  #590
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
There are starving kids in Africa, and those kids' favorite NHL team's goalie counts only $7 million against the cap.

And our so called #1 center held out for less than that.

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:53 PM
  #591
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 102,676
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
I wonder if only teams that win get hometown discounts
You got me. May be the case. Who knows?

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
My MS Excel crashed so I couldn't watch the game. - ReggieDunlop68
Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:54 PM
  #592
Pastafazul*
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
how about a guaranteed 2 cups in 7 years hank, 39 years old at contracts end.. another ny athlete gettin too much money for what? what do we fans get?

Pastafazul* is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:54 PM
  #593
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastafazul View Post
how about a guaranteed 2 cups in 7 years hank, 39 years old at contracts end.. another ny athlete gettin too much money for what? what do we fans get?

I like eggs

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:56 PM
  #595
Machinehead
Weidmanns Heil
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Germany
Posts: 67,583
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
So? How much did you expect?
Not 8.5. Goalies aren't worth 8.5.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:58 PM
  #596
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Not 8.5. Goalies aren't worth 8.5.

When that goalie is the reason the team isnt a bottom 3 team then he is. 8.5 wont kill us, its a little raise from what he is getting now. Not too sure what you want

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 07:00 PM
  #597
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Not 8.5. Goalies aren't worth 8.5.
What about this do you not understand?

08-09: $6.875m of a $56.7m cap = 12.1% of team cap

14-15: $8.5m of a $68m cap = 12.5% of team cap

The cap in 2015-16 (with new TV deal boost) could be $74.8m...


nevesis is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 07:00 PM
  #598
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 102,676
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
When that goalie is the reason the team isnt a bottom 3 team then he is. 8.5 wont kill us, its a little raise from what he is getting now. Not too sure what you want
We wouldn't be bottom three without Hank. This essentially assumes we would have no replacement. With a league average goalie, we'd be battling for a playoff spot.

Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 07:04 PM
  #599
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening
 
aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 33,102
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I like both of these posts.
Seriously, I don't think he should be immune for criticism or anything, but I think he's totally spoiled us. Some of the stuff I read about him on here is just...wow...

This isn't an NHL 14 dynasty, he's a special player, and I want to see him finish his career here.

aufheben is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 07:04 PM
  #600
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
We wouldn't be bottom three without Hank. This essentially assumes we would have no replacement. With a league average goalie, we'd be battling for a playoff spot.

Eh, i disagree. Hank has bad games but he has stole games for us also. If we are a 6-8th place team with him, what would we be without him? Even though i think that alot of it falls on the team playing ******

RangersHank* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.