HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what would you want from keenan for bertuzzi

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2005, 07:40 PM
PapaBear*

vCash: 500
what would you want from keenan for bertuzzi

Mike Keenan was the man who brought Bertuzzi to Vancouver in the first place. He may want to bring him down to Florida. With their full cupboard of young players to offer, they could put together a decent package to get the rugged winger out of Vancouver. I am sure the Canucks would want to pry Nathan Horton out of there but other players like Weiss, Novak, Stewart, Huselius, Olesz potentially available, it is an attractive option for Vancouver. The Panthers could use some skill and star power and Bertuzzi would give them just that.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Jay Bouwmeester or Roberto Luongo

Old
07-27-2005, 08:55 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg16
Nonis can try it, not a chance though

Old
07-27-2005, 09:12 PM
MykeAbner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg16
I agree. I really, really doubt it would ever happen but I wouldn't accept anything less.

Old
07-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Steveorama

Agreed.
My rule of thumb is: the team that gets the best player wins the trade.
And on that roster, the only players as good as Bert are Luongo and Bouwmeester.
No way we trade Bertuzzi for a handful of stiffs.

Old
07-27-2005, 10:54 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

If there was no way they'd part with JBo or Luongo (which they wouldn't)...

I'd trade Bert for Horton and Olesz.

Bertuzzi's got a year left in his deal... that's a steal of a trade right there without JBo or Luongo and clears more than $4mill off your payroll, while giving you the player that could fit with the Sedins long term and another top asset which you could develop or trade.

I'd do that trade and then hunting for Palffy, Murray or Kovalev.

The Panthers would never do it though.

most realistic value we're probably going to get for Bert would be Weiss and Huselius.

Old
07-27-2005, 11:56 PM
QuickDynamite

Besides Luongo and Bouwmeester I don't see many players i'd REALLY want (and would fit) on the Canucks. They have lots of Centres like Jokinen and Horton, but we already have Kesler, Morrison, H. Sedin, Linden, Chubarov. Anythony Stewart could be a good winger for the Sedins though.

Personally i'd want a young/cheap winger who plays with an edge and can score (Stewart, Ruutu) and a young physical defenseman who can play on both ends of the ice (Seabrook, Ladd, Meszaros).

A team like Ottawa would be perfect IMO. They'd definitley have interest and have some good players/prospects they could trade. I'm thinking something like:

To Vancouver:
Martin Havlat
Andrej Meszaros
Patrick Eaves

To Ottawa:
Todd Bertuzzi

Old
07-28-2005, 12:07 AM
quat
intheDanRusseljungle

Send a message via ICQ to quat
After reading trades being offered the past couple of days it's clear to me that the Canucks would be lucky to get a low second round draft pick. Providing the Nucks paid half his salary.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:28 AM
Russian_fanatic

Luongo isn't going to be second best anymore. He wont be able to wear those huge pads anymore.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Large_Farva*

Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
You Canuck fans have got to be kidding me!!!! CLUELESS!

Quote:
To Vancouver:
Martin Havlat
Andrej Meszaros
Patrick Eaves

To Ottawa:
Todd Bertuzzi
Why on Earth would Ottawa even consider this? Muckler would just hang up the phone and send a bag of anthrax to Vancouver just for hearing an offer like that. Ridiculous.

Quote:
I'd trade Bert for Horton and Olesz.
Really?? Really? You would?

Quote:
The Panthers could use some skill and star power and Bertuzzi would give them just that.
Or, if they really wanted a good player they could sign one for less than 5 million. maybe?

Quote:
After reading trades being offered the past couple of days it's clear to me that the Canucks would be lucky to get a low second round draft pick. Providing the Nucks paid half his salary.
The Canucks would be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him. His value is very low!

Old
07-28-2005, 12:33 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x
To Vancouver:
Martin Havlat
Andrej Meszaros
Patrick Eaves

To Ottawa:
Todd Bertuzzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Farva
I can't decide which one is more outrageously funny.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Large_Farva*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
I can't decide which one is more outrageously funny.
Not the one that is a very true statement.. Go with the dream one.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:42 AM
QuickDynamite

Bertuzzi is a 70-80 point man on a bad year. People who think we could only get a 2nd Round Pick for him are retarded. This guy is easily one of the forwards in the world. Every other team in the NHL would want Bertuzzi.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:46 AM
MykeAbner

Quote:
Not the one that is a very true statement.. Go with the dream one.
Get over youself.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:50 AM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Quote:

Old
07-28-2005, 12:56 AM
QuickDynamite

Quote:
You Canuck fans have got to be kidding me!!!! CLUELESS!

Why on Earth would Ottawa even consider this? Muckler would just hang up the phone and send a bag of anthrax to Vancouver just for hearing an offer like that. Ridiculous.
You seem pretty content on trashing other people's ideas/proposals. I don't see you offering up any ideas other than "YOU CANUKC FANS ARE HILAROIOUS!!!

Old
07-28-2005, 01:20 AM
Large_Farva*

Quote:
You seem pretty content on trashing other people's ideas/proposals. I don't see you offering up any ideas other than "YOU CANUKC FANS ARE HILAROIOUS!!!
Fine, here's an idea. Don't come up with STUPID trade proposals guys. Notice how only Canuck fans and just morons in general think that a guy like Bertuzzi who had awful last season, makes over $5M, and will be suspended for another 10-20 games can be traded for a couple top notch prospects.

What team would give take a chance on Bertuzzi for more than a 2nd rounder? Not many. Why would they?

Explain to me why a team like Florida would be interested in trading any of their youth for Bertuzzi. Don't give me that "He's the best powerforward in the league" crap!

Old
07-28-2005, 01:20 AM
canuckerfan

Send a message via MSN to canuckerfan
You guess need some faith... so much trade talk about big bert. How about seeing how his comeback, or lack of, will be before shipping him? He's supposed to be in wicked-crazy shape....

Old
07-28-2005, 01:22 AM
Large_Farva*

Quote:
Bertuzzi is a 70-80 point man on a bad year. People who think we could only get a 2nd Round Pick for him are retarded. This guy is easily one of the forwards in the world. Every other team in the NHL would want Bertuzzi.
And if you guys would like to throw out insults send them to hows_the_diarrhea@hotmail.com or just add me on msn and catch me there.

Old
07-28-2005, 01:36 AM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
Quote:
Besides Luongo and Bouwmeester I don't see many players i'd REALLY want (and would fit) on the Canucks. They have lots of Centres like Jokinen and Horton, but we already have Kesler, Morrison, H. Sedin, Linden, Chubarov. Anythony Stewart could be a good winger for the Sedins though.

Personally i'd want a young/cheap winger who plays with an edge and can score (Stewart, Ruutu) and a young physical defenseman who can play on both ends of the ice (Seabrook, Ladd, Meszaros).

A team like Ottawa would be perfect IMO. They'd definitley have interest and have some good players/prospects they could trade. I'm thinking something like:

To Vancouver:
Martin Havlat
Andrej Meszaros
Patrick Eaves

To Ottawa:
Todd Bertuzzi

Horton is not a centre, they moved him to wing!

Old
07-28-2005, 01:43 AM
QuickDynamite

Quote:
Fine, here's an idea. Don't come up with STUPID trade proposals guys. Notice how only Canuck fans and just morons in general think that a guy like Bertuzzi who had awful last season, makes over $5M, and will be suspended for another 10-20 games can be traded for a couple top notch prospects.

What team would give take a chance on Bertuzzi for more than a 2nd rounder? Not many. Why would they?

Explain to me why a team like Florida would be interested in trading any of their youth for Bertuzzi. Don't give me that "He's the best powerforward in the league" crap!
I didn't realize 60 points in 69 games was awful. And how exactly do you know Bertuzzi will get another 10-20 games? You are assuming he'll get another 10-20 games.

Bertuzzi is a guy who can drive to the net, has got the hands of a finesse forward and hits like a stay at home defenseman. Any team in the NHL would trade Bertuzzi for a 2nd round pick assuming they had the cap space.

Besides Iginla and Thornton, I'd say Bertuzzi is easily the 3rd best powerforward in the world. If he's on his game like in 01/02 and 02/03 you could definitley argue he's the best.

Old
07-28-2005, 01:46 AM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:

Betuzzi at his worst is still ONE OF the best powerfowards in the league. At his best (even tho you said its crap) he is arguably the best powerforward in the league. If you think the very best canucks could get is a 2nd round draft pick you're stupid.

Maybe not to Florida, but to another team I am absolutely positive they can get more than a 2nd round pick.

Old
07-28-2005, 01:48 AM
Large_Farva*

Quote:
And how exactly do you know Bertuzzi will get another 10-20 games? You are assuming he'll get another 10-20 games.
I'm pretty sure everyone is assuming that right now.

Quote:
Bertuzzi is a guy who can drive to the net, has got the hands of a finesse forward and hits like a stay at home defenseman. Any team in the NHL would trade Bertuzzi for a 2nd round pick assuming they had the cap space.
You really didn't explain why a team would take a chance on him. You listed his skills.

Quote:
If he's on his game like in 01/02 and 02/03 you could definitley argue he's the best.
You could argue.. or you can realize that it's his linemates doing most of the work. How often do you see Bertuzzi carrying the puck or playing solid defense?

Old
07-28-2005, 01:50 AM
Large_Farva*

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola

Betuzzi at his worst is still ONE OF the best powerfowards in the league. At his best (even tho you said its crap) he is arguably the best powerforward in the league. If you think the very best canucks could get is a 2nd round draft pick you're stupid.

Maybe not to Florida, but to another team I am absolutely positive they can get more than a 2nd round pick.
I'm sure Mike Milbury would give up a 1st.. But he's an idiot.

Old
07-28-2005, 01:59 AM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:
I'm pretty sure everyone is assuming that right now.
When nothing is said its hard to assume anything. Youre obviously not a fan of Bertuzzi (or even the canucks it seems) so I can understand how you might think that.

Quote:
You really didn't explain why a team would take a chance on him. You listed his skills.
I dont see how picking up Bertuzzi is taking a chance, I would say its hugely improving your team.

Quote:
You could argue.. or you can realize that it's his linemates doing most of the work. How often do you see Bertuzzi carrying the puck or playing solid defense?

He plays on a team, with team mates. I think hes suposed to compliment his line as much as possible. And he does. Naslund would have had far less success if not for tuzzi's pressence. Is Naslund a more skilled player? Definately. But to say Bertuzzi is worth a 2nd round pick is ludicrous

Closed Thread