HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do the Flyers lead all teams in PIMs since they entered the League

Old
12-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
We need to assign you an intern.
Haha! I may start looking.

I have my 12 year old brother... he loves sports stats and is pretty much my disciple in life, so if I asked him to do it he would! ;p Though there are problems if I assign him stuff to do:

A. His maths is strong... but he is severely dyslexic. He would assign Phoenixs PIMs to Philly, Columbus to Colorado and Carolina to Calgary.

B. I would have to house him at mine or buy him a laptop... my mother would kill him being on one of the 'house' PCs all day.

C. He never shuts up... he would procrastinate and take forever, and annoy me, and get sidetracked and find out who has the biggest visor in sq inches in the NHL... or the quickest way to visit all 30 NHL cities or something.

D. He is only available between 4pm and 10pm.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
The big question is, how many of those are offsetting majors, and how many are minors or put the team on the PK?
Admittedly I'm going off of what I watch in the games and some separate facts regarding our team and it's players, but Hartnell was the league leader or among the league leaders in minor penalties for a good stretch in recent seasons (don't even know how he's doing this season in that regard) and it's a fair bet that when you're that far ahead in penalty minutes you're going to be near the top of the list in minor penalties at the very least.

It also lends support and credence to those that believe the Flyers culture is stuck in the BSB days and is way too focused on toughness. Not saying that's necessarily what I believe or trying to start a new discussion, but these PIM stats do support that thought.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

I do think a higher proportion of calls against the Flyers are 'rep' calls though than most in the league. Watching a lot of of other hockey games they do get a lot of bullcrap penalties...

You reap what you sew though...

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
I do think a higher proportion of calls against the Flyers are 'rep' calls though than most in the league. Watching a lot of of other hockey games they do get a lot of bullcrap penalties...

You reap what you sew though...
That happens for every team really and while I feel like they probably did get a lot of that in the past I also feel like the BSB is so far in the past that it doesn't really happen.

Only times we seem to get reputation calls nowadays is from players themselves who have a reputation that tends to receive reputation calls. Guys like Rinaldo or Carcillo for instance. Who are players the Flyers employ in the first place and usually have at least one of on the roster.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote