HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens @ Bolts Dec. 5 (7:30 p.m. Eastern)

Old
12-05-2013, 03:23 PM
slaptown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizimal View Post
please god dont let anyone get it in there head that this is why Lehner is starting.... if Anderson was not stiff from being run last game I assure you mac would have given him the start tonight.also im sure hed of rathered to have an excuse to use Lehner against the Leafs. but as it stands unless Lehner stands on his head in this one theyll go back to Andy to go against Toronto.
Stated by the Walrus himself: "He has been dinged up there a couple times, I think Gerry has been out to see him a couple times so he's a little stiff, but for the most part we just feel that Robin gives us a better chance tonight."

It is less about Andy being a little stiff, which he could play with, and more about who has a better chance at bringing home a win tonight.

slaptown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 03:25 PM
83DIZ65

Go sens go go sens go go sens go go sens go!!!!!!!!!!!

83DIZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 03:28 PM
83DIZ65

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaptown View Post
Stated by the Walrus himself: "He has been dinged up there a couple times, I think Gerry has been out to see him a couple times so he's a little stiff, but for the most part we just feel that Robin gives us a better chance tonight."

It is less about Andy being a little stiff, which he could play with, and more about who has a better chance at bringing home a win tonight.
Firstly Id like to thank you for providing me with the quote I couldnt find. secondly its not like hes gonna say exactly how much andy is hurting and then follow it up by stating we no longer have a chance to win......

Old
12-05-2013, 03:32 PM
JGPageau
CondraXtensionPLS

vCash: 234
Quote:
yes i suppose ill look at it your way for a second.......hmmm yes Lehner gives us a good chance to win.....and of course he wants to out duel the guy he beat out for a job to prove his worth..... so yes i can see the viability of your basic statement in theory. but to counter i state this.
K...

Quote:
a) Andy won last game and despite the arguement u might make that he got lucky he looked pretty dam good in doing so and thus if hes our number one you would think that would earn him the next start.
Where did I say Andy got lucky? He played well, he got the win. And I'd agree that last game should give Andy the start tonight, but obviously that's not how our goaltending works this year -right?

Quote:
b) he did look noticeabley rattled for a moment after the hit.
I love Andy with all of my heart, I really do; but the guy looks rattled after every bit of contact - you know it. And if you want to go further, I'd argue this is what puts Lehner on another tier from Anderson. Robin is confident in his position and will fight for his net. Craig seems more interested in putting on a show for the refs. Great goaltenders have a hunger and a level of compete that sets them apart from the others.

Lehner has this. This is why you start him vs. Bishop.

Quote:
c)wether were keeping andy trading him or demoting him it makes sence to let him play if hes playing well.
I could agree with this but I'm more interested in winning and getting back into a playoff position - as I'm sure he team is. And as it happens, Lehner gives us the best chance at a win tonight.

Quote:
d) do you not think that by playing Lehner against Bishop with our suspect defense that we may actually end up putting him in a position to get rattled?
Lehner doesn't get rattled like that. He's proven it over and over. He is a big game goalie. The people who keep bringing that up are the same who are running low on excuses as to why Anderson should continue as the starter.

Quote:
e) also given the fact it was a hit to his head do you not think its possible that after later evaluation they found he should sit for safety reasons? Also if they can mask the fact that there goalie is hurt most teams will.
I'd be a lot more concerned if Anderson didn't have a history exaggerating these things.

Last edited by JGPageau: 12-05-2013 at 03:37 PM.
JGPageau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 03:41 PM
83DIZ65

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGPageau View Post
K...

Where did I say Andy got lucky? He played well, he got the win. And I'd agree that last game should give Andy the start tonight, but obviously that's not how our goaltending works this year -right?

I love Andy with all of my heart, I really do; but the guy looks rattled after every bit of contact - you know it. And if you want to go further, I'd argue this is what puts Lehner on another tier from Anderson. Robin is confident in his position and will fight for his net. Craig seems more interested in putting on a show for the refs. Great goaltenders have a hunger and a level of compete that sets them apart from the others.

Lehner has this. This is why you start him vs. Bishop.

I could agree with this but I'm more interested in winning and getting back into a playoff position - as I'm sure he team is. And as it happens, Lehner gives us the best chance at a win tonight.

Lehner doesn't get rattled like that. He's proven it over and over. He is a big game goalie. The people who keep bringing that up are the same who are running low on excuses as to why Anderson should continue as the starter.

I'd be a lot more worried if Anderson didn't have a history exaggerating these things.
I never said you said he got lucky i said you might say it. if your paying attention you can tell when hes faking it.....he wasnt....Lehner hasnt played a game as important as this one to him yet so lets see if he gets rattled if they lose and he plays sub par....i hope he doesnt lose or play subpar, but if he does hope yer right..

Old
12-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Senators Growing
Next year again...

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewEra View Post
lehner is probably starting tonight just to give andy the game vs the leafs...not sure if i agree with that, but i guess that game against a potential playoff team and full on rival would be the proper measuring stick to see if andy is starting to get out of his slump
I'm hoping this is not the case. Kessel usually lights up Andy doesn't he? And Reimer has a good record vs. us. Lehner vs. Leafs should keep it pretty close. They are pretty injured but still...

Senators Growing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 04:02 PM
83DIZ65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
I'm hoping this is not the case. Kessel usually lights up Andy doesn't he? And Reimer has a good record vs. us. Lehner vs. Leafs should keep it pretty close. They are pretty injured but still...
another reason why im saying it would have made more sence to start andy tonight and lehner for that game if not for andy being hurt

Old
12-05-2013, 04:03 PM
JGPageau
CondraXtensionPLS

Quote:
I never said you said he got lucky i said you might say it. if your paying attention you can tell when hes faking it.....he wasnt....Lehner hasnt played a game as important as this one to him yet so lets see if he gets rattled if they lose and he plays sub par....i hope he doesnt lose or play subpar, but if he does hope yer right..

Old
12-05-2013, 04:08 PM
JGPageau
CondraXtensionPLS

Quote:
another reason why im saying it would have made more sence to start andy tonight and lehner for that game if not for andy being hurt
Andy's not hurt. The coach has said as much. And Lehner is capable of starting 2 consecutive games - I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

Old
12-05-2013, 04:20 PM
83DIZ65

Quote:
trying to figure out exactly why there was as much pressure on him in that game as there is in this one............

Old
12-05-2013, 04:48 PM
JGPageau
CondraXtensionPLS

You'll get there buddy.

Old
12-05-2013, 04:57 PM
83DIZ65

Quote:
You'll get there buddy.
they were already playoff bound at this point hense why he got the start they could have lost and it wouldnt have mattered......one could make the arguement there was less pressure on him in that game then any other hes ever played....

Old
12-05-2013, 04:58 PM
LynxBud

vCash: 50
Quote:
trying to figure out exactly why there was as much pressure on him in that game as there is in this one............
Is that image supposed to represent yourself? Really can't figure it out?

Edit - Nevermind, you know. I actually thought I remembered the Boston game being the clincher, but it wasn't.
Edit 2 - NOW I remember. That game earned the Senators a playoff matchup with Montreal instead of Boston.

Last edited by LynxBud: 12-05-2013 at 05:04 PM.
LynxBud is offline   Reply With Quote