HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mika Zibanejad to Nashville Predators

Old
12-07-2013, 09:18 PM
ThirdManIn
Aspiring Sinecure

vCash: 500
Awards:
I don't know. Maybe realize teams have down periods, and we are currently at the beginning of only our second bad year? we weren't even that bad until Rinne got hurt.

Trading away core pieces because the lock out shortened season was awful (again, largely due to injuries) and the first third of this season has been bad after our world class goalie went down for an extended period of time is a knee jerk reaction, not the way to fix problems.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 11:20 PM
PredsHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I don't know. Maybe realize teams have down periods, and we are currently at the beginning of only our second bad year? we weren't even that bad until Rinne got hurt.

Trading away core pieces because the lock out shortened season was awful (again, largely due to injuries) and the first third of this season has been bad after our world class goalie went down for an extended period of time is a knee jerk reaction, not the way to fix problems.
I am not talking about a knee-jerk reaction, you stated trade bottom six guys for draft picks and prospects. What kind of prospects and draft picks you gonna get from some of our bottom six?

Cullen and Gaustad might fetch a decent return beyond that ????????

We have got to decide if we are going to try and fix the problem or are we going to keep pushing the problem further under the rug and push the inevitable further down the road when players like Weber and Rinne are that much older.

A good core is great. But if you never land any decent UFA's and we draft middle/late first round most years(except last) we will continue to be in trouble. The 2014 draft is not that great so unless we continue to suck and get a top three pick we will not land anyone who can help short term. 2015 draft however seems to be what everyone is talking about so I say suck this year get top three pick( pray that we actually take offense) and trade some players play the kids(like we should have this year, instead of signing who we did) and suck one more year and see how it falls at the draft then and hopefully we can sign one or two UFA's that we really need along the way. This season just pushed our team back another year.

To be honest with you, this may sound bad, Rinne coming back worries me. He is a great Goaltender and with him back we will win more games than we should which will in turn produce us picking later in the first round and again nothing to show for our continued sucking on offense.

PredsHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 02:28 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Can't see Zibanejad going anywhere. On pace for near 30 goals and 45 points alternating between top line and 4th line while delivering punishing hits and hasn't even scratched the surface yet.

Only way Zibanejad gets moved is if Spezza is a certainty in Ottawa's future.... Which doesn't appear to be the case.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote