HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Q

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2003, 06:20 AM
RGF

vCash: 500
Prospect Q

I love the setup...im relatively new to the board but have been a long time ranger fan, and am a friend of hugh jessiman...im hoping that his being included in our prospect ranks along with the others from 2003...and the significant improvement of some our darkhorse prospects elevate the rangers prospect rankings among other teams from 28 to something lower....does anyone agree?

Old
10-03-2003, 06:31 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

RGF, I think all ranger fans hope that they do get a slightly higher rating than 28. But as most will probably agree that the rangers are not known for developing their own players, but trading them for older more established players or signing UFA's.
Doug Weight, Marc Savard, Tony Amonte, Tony Granato, Niklas Sundstrom, Filip Novak, Mike York, Tomas Kloucek, Dan Cloutier, Kim Johnsson, Todd Marchant, Mattias Norstrom, and Sergei Zubov are just a few of the players the rangers drafted and dealt away.
So I think they do a fairly good job of drafting talent, I just wish they would keep more of them around longer
As far as Jessiman goes, I am sure I speak for most here when I say we are really psyched that he is a rangers fan.

Old
10-03-2003, 06:38 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGF
I love the setup...im relatively new to the board but have been a long time ranger fan, and am a friend of hugh jessiman...im hoping that his being included in our prospect ranks along with the others from 2003...and the significant improvement of some our darkhorse prospects elevate the rangers prospect rankings among other teams from 28 to something lower....does anyone agree?
Welcome to the boards. I agree. I'm not sure what the criteria for those rankings are but it's possible that people not in tuned with this team don't have a clue who the Jonason's, Lundqvists, etc all are. I think we should improve though.

Btw, how about getting Hugh to post here a few times. He seems very open and everyone here is very calm and could handle it well. He also wouldn't be the only player or prospect that posts here at HF. That would be cool.

Old
10-03-2003, 06:40 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
He also wouldn't be the only player or prospect that posts here at HF.
Really? Who are the others?

Old
10-03-2003, 06:43 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
it's possible that people not in tuned with this team don't have a clue who the Jonason's, Lundqvists, etc all are.
I know for a fact you're wrong.

I thinks it's probable that you don't know how weak Ranger organization prospects are when compared to the 29 others teams.

Old
10-03-2003, 06:46 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Really? Who are the others?
Well I don't know all of them but I do know Jason Ward and other habs post here. Robbie Schremp who's expected to be a top 5 pick in this upcoming draft visits the site, don't know if he posts. I'm sure there are more then that. Apperantly retired players, coaches and media come here as well. (see Announcement on Press Box Forum)

Old
10-03-2003, 06:48 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I know for a fact you're wrong.

I thinks it's probable that you don't know how weak Ranger organization prospects are when compared to the 29 others teams.
huh?

Old
10-03-2003, 06:50 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
huh?
Were you saying that the people who do the rankings don't know who Lundqvist is? Maybe I misread.

Old
10-03-2003, 06:56 AM
Fletch

I think what MJ is saying...

is that while there are several prospects to be excited about that may be little known, every organization has something similar, only that 27 or so other organizations' pool runs deeper than the Rangers. Lundqvist very well may be a top 5 goalie prospect out there (I'm just throwing something out, not an opinion), who I doubt is not well known (considering how he tore up the SEL last season), but, there are few Lundqvists, et al, and too many Kinchs and Ulmers on this team. In short, a couple doesn't hide the fact that there are few and the ranking is based on overall prospect pool, not who has the best one or two (and the ranking is highly subjective and I personally pay little attention to it...I just want to know what's coming down the Rangers pipe).

Old
10-03-2003, 07:09 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Were you saying that the people who do the rankings don't know who Lundqvist is? Maybe I misread.
Well yea.. I didn't really mean him since he's not much of a darkhorse or sleeper anymore but players like Jonason, Jake Taylor, Juris Stals etc etc I don't expect everyone to know who they are. Even Ranger fans didn't know who Juris Stals was 3 weeks ago and likely only Ranger fans know who he is now. I also remember reading on this site that Jonason was at best a third line prospect but didn't even look it then.

Old
10-03-2003, 05:05 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
Well yea.. I didn't really mean him since he's not much of a darkhorse or sleeper anymore but players like Jonason, Jake Taylor, Juris Stals etc etc I don't expect everyone to know who they are. Even Ranger fans didn't know who Juris Stals was 3 weeks ago and likely only Ranger fans know who he is now. I also remember reading on this site that Jonason was at best a third line prospect but didn't even look it then.
Our prospect pool is the deepest it has been in years, what we do with those prospects is another story. Let's take a position by position look and I think we'll agree that we are deeper than most people think.

Goaltending: Lundqvist, Blackburn
We all have seen Blackburn and understand that he is still very young and should develop into a solid #1 NHL Goaltender. However I think that Lundvquist will be the better goalie, he has been regarded by some as the best goalie prospect ever to come out of Sweeden.

Forwards: Jessiman, Moore, Murray, Jonasen, Prucha, Stals
Jessiman has the potential to be a big time NHL power forward. At 6'5", 215 lbs and still growing, he plays physical and has skills to boot, plus it looks like he has character. Jonasen is another big man and he is looking impressive in his first year plaing in North America. Prucha is the wild card, he is a pure sniper and has been an offensive wiz in the Czech league. I'd be interested to see what happens with him in 2 years.

Defense: Tjutin, Baranka, Lampman, Taylor
Tjutin IMO is NHL ready now, he looks to be the real deal. Don't know much about the others.

Closed Thread