HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Niedermayer's agent playing the field

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2005, 10:54 PM
incawg

vCash: 500
Niedermayer's agent playing the field

This guy is something else. It seems to me that he's pretty much going around to every team and saying to the press in their respective cities that Scott is interested in playing there. The only catch is that he says Scott is interested in playing for their team IF they offer him the cap max. Gee, that's shocking..he'd be willing to play in Pittsburgh if they offered 7.8 million! Too bad the local media and/or fans seem to overlook this.

Scott himself has already said there are only one or two teams that he would be willing to take a paycut to play for...so either a) he's going to the highest bidder or b) his agent is just trying to get those one or two teams that he "really" wants to play for to increase their offers. Personally I think it's option a, but my heart would like me to believe otherwise. Either way, Kevin Epp is doing a heck of a job of working numerous fans into a frenzy over a player their team can't/won't afford.

Quote:
Norris Trophy winning defenceman Scott Niedermayer, meanwhile, has already told the New Jersey Devils that he is intent on testing the free agent market. His agent said yesterday that he will give the Leafs serious consideration if they are willing to pay him the maximum amount of $7.8 million.
"They would definitely be a serious contender," said Niedermayer's agent, Kevin Epp. "Why wouldn't they be? They have a very good team and Scott has played for (Leaf coach) Pat Quinn in the Olympics and the World Cup. It's a good market and to be a part of winning something there would be very appealing to Scott."
Quote:
Me and Scott have talked about Pittsburgh because they have a lot of (salary cap) room and because of Mario Lemieux," Niedermayer's agent, Kevin Epp, told the paper. "He thought Pittsburgh might have some interest. Pittsburgh has some things to offer with good talent and players and room in the cap to bring in a player of his stature."

Old
07-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

vCash: 500
I'm getting tired of hearing about Niedermayer from his agent.

Closed Thread