HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread v4 - Trade or No Trade Edition

View Poll Results: Would you trade PK Subban for Nathan MacKinnon?
Yes 8 6.61%
No 113 93.39%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2013, 08:38 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Anyone high on the fact that rangers fans want Girardi out !

What can we give for Girardi?

Markov Subban
Emelin Girardi
Murray Diaz
Bouillon

Seems a bit better for us no?
i'd love girardi, but their fanbases thoughts arent necessarily managements....if i was a betting man i would say that most of the ranger fans that are calling for his departure lack the hockey iq to understand exactly why girardi is so valuable and his game isn't flashy enough for them to see it,, seems like the canadian fanbases are the ones who really understand and appreciate the more subtle parts to the game like shotblocking and PK ability, faceoffs, stuff like that.....most of USA, even some of the big markets it's score goals or GTFO.

Old
12-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Habitant le colon
Un partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
i'd love girardi, but their fanbases thoughts arent necessarily managements....if i was a betting man i would say that most of the ranger fans that are calling for his departure lack the hockey iq to understand exactly why girardi is so valuable and his game isn't flashy enough for them to see it,, seems like the canadian fanbases are the ones who really understand and appreciate the more subtle parts to the game like shotblocking and PK ability, faceoffs, stuff like that.....most of USA, even some of the big markets it's score goals or GTFO.
Yeaah but shall we put a bid on him ?

Old
12-10-2013, 09:41 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Yeaah but shall we put a bid on him ?
i would hope we atleast attempt to get him whether its now or at the end of the year, but too much is too much and if he or the rangers wants too much...i say walk away.

Old
12-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
- 1 inch (nothing to scoff at)
- More aggressive puck carrier and goalscorer than Eller
- 2 years signed at 1,75M; which will save us 2M of Capspace next year.

Plus, let's be 100% honest: the french-canadian pedigree would make Bergevin more flexible over the "trade Desharnais" possibility. Or the "don't resign Bouillon".
Also, I can't say who's going to be better in 5 years but as far as "what Cout has over Eller", I think Cout seems to have a better vision and has accomplished more already. The thing that made me notice him was the playoffs he's had against the Pens two years ago. I didn't know he was that feisty.

Old
12-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Vern

Maybe i'm the only one in the city that didn't like the Cole trade but how about this:

Briere for Cole straight up.

Similar production for similar small minutes, similar contract, but Cole is 6'2 210 and has proven chemistry with patches\dd, allowing us to reunite the kid line that was so effective early in the season.

I guess i just never understood why he was shipped 19 games after being the only habs player, besides kovy once, to score 35 goals in the last 20 years. Does he have some kind of injury? Was he really that bad with management?

Also there was some talk on the stars board of needing a 2c so...

Old
12-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Zorro

Went to the sens/flyers game yesterday and damn!! Simmonds is freakin awesome. The guy is a speed demon and crashes the net like it’s nobody’s business.

Giroux was rather invisible while Simmonds was everywhere. Would give up a great deal for him. Definitely someone MB should be tragetting if available.

Old
12-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Went to the sens/flyers game yesterday and damn!! Simmonds is freakin awesome. The guy is a speed demon and crashes the net like it’s nobody’s business.

Giroux was rather invisible while Simmonds was everywhere. Would give up a great deal for him.
Me too, the 1st pick, prospects and then some, he is EXACTLY what this team needs.

Old
12-10-2013, 11:02 AM
PricePkPatch*

We will each have to sacrifice our first born if we want to have Simmonds. The kid is awesome, and signed for 6 seasons.

Old
12-10-2013, 11:06 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

there is no way we're getting simmonds...i know we would all give our left nut for him but it wouldnt be enough...his cap hit is 3.9 and he's a BEAST!!

Old
12-10-2013, 12:06 PM
sventington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post
Maybe i'm the only one in the city that didn't like the Cole trade but how about this:

Similar production for similar small minutes, similar contract, but Cole is 6'2 210 and has proven chemistry with patches\dd, allowing us to reunite the kid line that was so effective early in the season.

I guess i just never understood why he was shipped 19 games after being the only habs player, besides kovy once, to score 35 goals in the last 20 years. Does he have some kind of injury? Was he really that bad with management?

I would very much like that. Cole was such a great player for us. Definitely more useful than Briere.

Old
12-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Habitant le colon
Un partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sventington View Post
I would very much like that. Cole was such a great player for us. Definitely more useful than Briere.
with Cole back instead of brière our team would be better and bigger !!

Galchenyuk Plekanec Gionta
Pacioretty Desharnais Cole
Bournival Eller Gallagher
Prust White Moen

Old
12-10-2013, 12:22 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sventington View Post
It's hard to be useful when your coach barely plays you. I'm probably in the minority but I thought Briere had some decent games when he was given the chance to play a regular shift.

Old
12-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Runner77

vCash: 4075
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
It's hard to be useful when your coach barely plays you. I'm probably in the minority but I thought Briere had some decent games when he was given the chance to play a regular shift.
Brière didn't seem to be impacted by his concussion upon his return, however, some have argued that his defensive play has really withered. I don't have any direct evidence of that, then again, he's not playing much, so it's difficult to tell if he's a lesser player.

Brière's presence favors the argument for Bergevin to try and move someone, so that he can play. I don't think trading Brière is necessarily the way to go, even if, he's another fragile diminutive forward -- I still prefer him over the likes of DD.

Old
12-10-2013, 09:25 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Tony Marinaro‏@TonyMarinaro11m
The Habs had a pro scout at Avalanche game tonight. They have scouted Colorado for past month. Avalanche had a scout at Habs game too btw...

there's gotta be something going down..

Old
12-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
The Habs had a pro scout at Avalanche game tonight. They have scouted Colorado for past month. Avalanche had a scout at Habs game too btw...

Yeah...

Marinaro is an idiot.

There's nothing that's reasonably available from Colorado that Montreal should want.

Old
12-10-2013, 09:33 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Yeah...

Marinaro is an idiot.

There's nothing that's reasonably available from Colorado that Montreal should want.
L.A Lariviere said that the Avs had Asst. Director of Player Personnel at the Habs game tonight.

Old
12-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Runner77

vCash: 4075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Marinaro is an idiot.
The only part of this thread that isn't a rumor.

Old
12-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

That's what I've been thinking, not sure if we'll be better but we'll be different. I think a lot of posters here won't like it, especially the status quo ones.

Old
12-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Markov4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post

I completely agree. The worse part of the Cole trade wasn't even losing him on-ice. If you actually watch the team videos, you can see how close he and Patches were. I mean Cole was a role model for Pacioretty. He taught him how to crash the net, how to play hard, and Pacioretty emulated that style. Cole was on the verge of tears when he was traded. You can tell he was a huge part of the locker room.

I was all for the Cole trade because of the cap-space. But if you're going to replace that cap space with the Briere contract, than thats all for nothing. I really liked Cole, I thought he played hard for the team and had great chemistry with DD and Pacioretty.

Old
12-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Habitant le colon
Un partisan

2 things ...

Trade gorges right away i'm sure that all the crazy speech effect will no longer affect team chemistry and confidence

trade brière for cole we do miss this man ... damn

3 out purpose : tell to MT that pacman is right the best defense is more offense ... this whole system suck just like the last 3 coachs system ...

Give me Girardi and Cole before the End of the year dear Santa Bergevin !!!

Old
12-11-2013, 01:54 AM
rockjngo

I think we need a trade

I know its only one game but the way we lost 6-0 was just brutal. We need a trade. I'm tired of Desharnais, Gionta, Boullion, Briere.

Old
12-11-2013, 02:01 AM
Adam91

Does Briere waive his NTC to go to Dallas? Can't see it...

One player that has become more and more appealing to me is Nick Foligno. What is everyones interest and what does it take to get him?

Old
12-11-2013, 02:13 AM
ottawa

vCash: 50
I think we need a trade thread...oh wait

Old
12-11-2013, 02:19 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Talk about overreaction.

Old
12-11-2013, 02:25 AM
TRG
Bye Marky :(

Go sleep dude and stop making terrible threads.

Closed Thread