HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rangers board winter sale

Old
12-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Kwayry

vCash: 500
Rangers board winter sale

These are the players the Rangers board think should be shipped out, they don't seem to fit in this new AV system. I don't agree with the list but I am interested in the value

Pouliot,
Pyatt,
DZ,
J Moore,
Callahan,
Girardi,
Staal,
Brass,
Stepan,

Make your offers.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:44 AM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 50
We'll take Stepan if you guys don't want him.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:55 AM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
We'll take Stepan if you guys don't want him.
That's not an offer, where is your offer?

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:57 AM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

What are you looking for?

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:59 AM
A1LeafNation
Welcome to Toronto

I'll take Girardi....in the offseason.

A1LeafNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:00 AM
Sharppi
5 more years of Dub.

vCash: 1139
Del Zotto to Minnesota for Zucker & Prosser.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Jot

Franson + 2nd round pick for Girardi.

NYR better their PP, and get a big, physical player with a booming RH shot. Who's great offensively. (sucks defensively)

TOR betters their PK, get a defensively responsible RH player, who can consistently shut opposition down. (sucks offensively)

Jot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:08 AM
Kahuna Nanu
old bold and glass

Who the hell said we should move Stepan? Like, one person?

12-06-2013, 02:11 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
These are the players the Rangers board think should be shipped out, they don't seem to fit in this new AV system. I don't agree with the list but I am interested in the value

Pouliot,
Pyatt,
DZ,
J Moore,
Callahan,
Girardi,
Staal,
Brass,
Stepan,

Make your offers.
What the hell is this?

Why do you want to trade John Moore?

Better question: why do you want to trade our Captain Ryan Callahan?

Even better question: why the hell do you want to trade Stepan?

Do you mind explaining what you mean by "they don't fit AV's system?"

There are four players we need to get rid of:

Pyatt, Pouliot, Powe and Asham. Three P's and an A. Kind of like a gang-bang.

Del Zotto should be shopped and traded ONLY if the price is right. It's no secret that Del Zotto is on the trading block.

I would take calls on Girardi and Brassard (because they're free agents at the end of the year and we're going to be pressed up against the cap), but it better be great value because A) we're poised to make the playoffs and we need the best players. B) Girardi is our #1 RHD and we NEED a RHD. The only other one on our roster is Stralman and he belongs on the second pair so if we trade Girardi, I expect there's a plan in place to bring in a cheaper, younger, but just as good RHD. C) we need a #2 C if we trade Brassard because Richards will be amnestied at the end of the year. We have a #1 C in Stepan, but very little depth after that.

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot View Post
Franson + 2nd round pick for Girardi.

NYR better their PP, and get a big, physical player with a booming RH shot. Who's great offensively. (sucks defensively)

TOR betters their PK, get a defensively responsible RH player, who can consistently shut opposition down. (sucks offensively)
Ehhhhhh. I don't think that's a bad offer or breakdown and I would certainly welcome Franson, but I don't see how he's much of an upgrade over Girardi. Like you said, he sucks defensively and personally, I believe a defenseman should play defense first offense second, which is one of the reasons why I like Girardi so much. If the Rangers opt not to re-sign Stralman, I think Franson would be the perfect replacement.

Old
12-06-2013, 02:17 AM
Kahuna Nanu
old bold and glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Better question: why do you want to trade our Captain Ryan Callahan?
He's playing like garbage and is going to get massively overpaid this offseason? IMO, he should absolutely be traded at the deadline unless the Rangers go on some miraculous run. Girardi, too. Seriously doubt Sather goes for it, though.

Kahuna Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:18 AM
Barnaby

Quote:

Pouliot,
Pyatt,
DZ,
J Moore,
Callahan,
Girardi,
Staal,
Brass,
Stepan,

Make your offers.
The bolded are not on the market unless there is serious overpayment. MDZ could be moved for the right deal. The rest are scraps. Don't make the rest of us look stupid. Who else wants to trade their #1 center, team captain, and 2 of their top 4 d-men…. and what the heck does "not fit into AV's system" mean?

What are we going to get for John Moore? A 2nd round pick? The guy is progressing into a solid 2nd pair d-man.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:25 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Ehhhhhh. I don't think that's a bad offer or breakdown and I would certainly welcome Franson, but I don't see how he's much of an upgrade over Girardi. Like you said, he sucks defensively and personally, I believe a defenseman should play defense first offense second, which is one of the reasons why I like Girardi so much. If the Rangers opt not to re-sign Stralman, I think Franson would be the perfect replacement.
He's not an upgrade…. hence the +2nd round pick. No reason to trade the teams #1 RD for a downgrade just to add a 2nd…

Do you really see a playoff team downgrading their roster to add a 2nd rounder?

Old
12-06-2013, 02:26 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
He's playing like garbage and is going to get massively overpaid this offseason? IMO, he should absolutely be traded at the deadline unless the Rangers go on some miraculous run. Girardi, too. Seriously doubt Sather goes for it, though.
Seriously? He's been rough the last few games, but c'mon dude, you can't just have a knee-jerk reaction because a player struggles for a few games. Even so, his worth transcends his stats. He's our Captain; he's the leader and he's still young. You trade him and you're taking an absolutely huge, unnecessary risk. Hell, look at Ottawa losing their Captain for so many years.
I am afraid though that we won't be able to retain him though in the offseason because he'll price himself out of our range. I mean I thought Lundqvist would give us a hometown discount and he didn't. Even so, I still wouldn't trade him unless I'm absolutely floored and I mean jaw-on-the-floor, "that makes the McDonagh trade look like nothing" floored.

Old
12-06-2013, 02:26 AM
Savant

I think the Rangers move Rick Nash before Derek Stepan.

Rangers need to add centers, not subtract them. Richards is better on LW and they need to get a legit 2C to keep Richards on the wing. I don't think they are a lock to resign Brassard either. That being said, I think everyone wants a top six center, but those guys are very hard to get.

Savant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:29 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
He's not an upgrade…. hence the +2nd round pick. No reason to trade the teams #1 RD for a downgrade just to add a 2nd…

Do you really see a playoff team downgrading their roster to add a 2nd rounder?
Well, like I said before, I would take calls on Girardi simply because he's an UFA and we might not be able to afford to retain him, but I would want some serious value coming back if we trade him. I mean I think we have a great shot this year to make a run, which is why I'm not crazy about trading any of the players listed above, except for Pouliot, Pyatt, Powe, Asham and possibly Del Zotto.

Old
12-06-2013, 02:30 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
I think the Rangers move Rick Nash before Derek Stepan.

Rangers need to add centers, not subtract them. Richards is better on LW and they need to get a legit 2C to keep Richards on the wing. I don't think they are a lock to resign Brassard either. That being said, I think everyone wants a top six center, but those guys are very hard to get.
No, let's trade Stepan. It makes perfect sense to trade our #1 center, then buy out Richards, and let Brassard walk. 2014-2015 Rangers can feature Brian Boyle and Dom Moore at center….

Old
12-06-2013, 02:32 AM
Savant

Quote:

Pouliot,
Pyatt,
DZ,
J Moore,
Callahan,
Girardi,
Staal,
Brass,
Stepan,

Make your offers.
Pouliot & Pyatt - draft picks

DZ > Brett Connolly and RHD

Callahan and Moore > Ryan Kesler and ?

Girardi > Rick Peverley and RHD

Brassard > Kevin Klein

Staal > Ottawa 1st & Kyle Palmieri

Stepan not for sale

Then I woke up

Old
12-06-2013, 02:34 AM
Barnaby

MDZ for Ryan Strome… and then I woke up ;-)

Old
12-06-2013, 02:35 AM
CraigAdamsnumber1fan*

Quote:

Pouliot,
Pyatt,
DZ,
J Moore,
Callahan,
Girardi,
Staal,
Brass,
Stepan,

Make your offers.
Legitimately thought Rangers posters were on the chopping block. That would have been interesting.

Rangers:
2 Longtime Mods

Penguins:
1 Longtime Mod
1 Salary Dump (Troll)

CraigAdamsnumber1fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:35 AM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
MDZ for Ryan Strome… and then I woke up ;-)
I at least tried to be realistic

MDZ for Pulock and Nelson was shot down by Snow apparently.

Old
12-06-2013, 02:42 AM
Barnaby

Quote:

Interesting that Sather and Snow even talk to each other… I would sign up for that deal in a heart beat.

Old
12-06-2013, 02:51 AM
Kahuna Nanu
old bold and glass

Quote:
Seriously? He's been rough the last few games, but c'mon dude, you can't just have a knee-jerk reaction because a player struggles for a few games.
I've wanted to trade him since the offseason. He's going to demand a ridiculous salary, and Sather's probably going to cave. I think he'd return back a good bundle of valuable pieces that could help the Rangers be better in the near future.

Quote:
Even so, his worth transcends his stats.
I'd say his stats have been covering up his sub par play since the 11-12 season. While his numbers were good last year, I was not impressed with his overall game on most nights. His physicality and tenacity is not nearly as impressive as it was two years ago, and his defensive prowess has dipped significantly. His shorthanded TOI has been cut in half from last season. He takes stupid/worthless shots that don't generate rebounds, he is an abortion with the puck on the rush, and constantly loses puck battles/turns the puck over at the slightest of interruptions.

Quote:
He's our Captain; he's the leader and he's still young.
I'd say Lundqvist is more "the leader" of the team than Callahan. I've also never had issues with Callahan as captain in years past, but with how lethargic and uninspired the team has looked at times this season, I'd say he hasn't done his job this season at all. I can't even remember the last time he laid someone out on the forecheck. Two years ago,m he'd come out and set the tone for the team nearly every shift. Now? He looks like a shell of his former self.

Also, while 28 isn't old, his style of play tends to lead to a short offensive prime, and with the way he has looked this season, I'd say the physical abuse he has been putting himself through has taken it's toll on him.

Quote:
You trade him and you're taking an absolutely huge, unnecessary risk. Hell, look at Ottawa losing their Captain for so many years.
Callahan has been the captain for about 3 seasons. Alfredsson was there for 17 years and is the team's leader in basically every statistic. I don't see how the situations are comparable at ALL.

Old
12-06-2013, 02:52 AM
Kahuna Nanu
old bold and glass

Quote:

I would run around the streets of my town naked if this trade went through...hell, I'd do that if we could Nelson straight up. And I am a big time DZ apologist. I actually kind of want to keep him, I don't think he should be moved unless we get a young scoring forward in return.

Old
12-06-2013, 02:58 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
I would run around the streets of my town naked if this trade went through...hell, I'd do that if we could Nelson straight up. And I am a big time DZ apologist. I actually kind of want to keep him, I don't think he should be moved unless we get a young scoring forward in return.
I agree with that - and I've never really been a big MDZ fan. I'm def not giving the guy away…