HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

For Children of the 80's.

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2003, 11:12 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
For Children of the 80's.

Rhino video {Who did the releases of transformers and gi joe seasons} has this survey up. Vote for whoever you want, but do Edge a favor and make one of em Real Ghosbusters one of my alltime favorite shows as a kid of the 80's.

http://www.rhino.com/fun/contests/videoanimation2003survey.lasso

For any kid in the 80's who grew up in ny especially, this series felt like it could've been happening on your block. i love it for any fans of the show you might love to check out ghostbusters.net, which has many of the episodes in streaming format. though not great quality it serves its purprose of helping you remember.

Old
09-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Shadowtron

I picked He-Man!! That 'toon kicked ass!!!

Do you remember the other ghostbuster cartoon. It was also based on a movie that involved two guys and a gorilla named...Tracy, I think. I maybe stretching here, but was the lead baddie named Prime Evil?

Old
09-27-2003, 01:03 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
Do you remember the other ghostbuster cartoon. It was also based on a movie that involved two guys and a gorilla named...Tracy, I think. I maybe stretching here, but was the lead baddie named Prime Evil?

God, That cartoon was awful!!! I rember when it first came out and everyone was like "Allright! A Ghostbusters cartoon!" And this crap comes on with a monkey and a fat guy and a talking antique flying car! I realy hope someone lost their job because of that trash!

BTW, I voted for M.A.S.K. That show rocked!

Old
09-27-2003, 07:17 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
God, That cartoon was awful!!! I rember when it first came out and everyone was like "Allright! A Ghostbusters cartoon!" And this crap comes on with a monkey and a fat guy and a talking antique flying car! I realy hope someone lost their job because of that trash!

BTW, I voted for M.A.S.K. That show rocked!

I liked that ghostbusters cartoon. It's based on a movie. I think I rented it once, but if I did I can't recall a single thing about it.

I was never too big on M.A.S.K. I loved the toys, but never really got into the cartoon. Remember the Bionic Six. My favorite character was Karate 1.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:50 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Children of the 80's.... man I feel old.

Old
09-27-2003, 09:13 AM
Barnaby

1. Ninja Turtles
2. Ghost Busters

Anyone remember Fraggle Rock?

Old
09-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby

The Fraggles were the sheeeet!! As I write this I can hear the gentle melody of their opening song in my head. I can't recall the words though.

Old
09-27-2003, 09:51 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
The Fraggles were the sheeeet!! As I write this I can hear the gentle melody of their opening song in my head. I can't recall the words though.
http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/allister/fragglerock.html

You're welcome

Old
09-27-2003, 09:56 AM
_P_

Send a message via AIM to _P_
anyone remember --

the mysterious cities of gold?

man that was a show

Old
09-27-2003, 10:14 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan
Thanks

Old
09-27-2003, 10:52 AM
Edge

well yeah we should feel a little old, i mean some of the cartoons we mentioned are coming up on 20 years, like He-Man. I found one of my old action figures the other night and the copyright date was 1984, blew me away.

I voted for RGB and Ninja Turtles. Two shows that are 17 and 16 years old respectivly.

I was watching some episodes of RGB the other day on the website i talked about and some of the episodes were good and were more than just kids stuff. Some of the references and demons were really freaky. There are also more than a few jokes that i get now that i didnt back then.

It was nice because the first season was designed for syndication so they got away with a lot more than the kiddy version on sat. mornings.

Also loved Ducktales, Rescue Rangers from the 80's those were some great quality cartoons.

Yes i remember the false ghostbusters, i actually kinda like the show. It used to be on WPIX before school started.

I remember having to watch all the girls cartoons too because i had a sister a year old than me. She-Ra. Jam, My little ponies.....{sigh}, i was torture=).

I remember watching the smurfs and muppet babies on sat. mornings. I always somehow woke myself up at 7:55 to catch muppet babies at 8.

I remember captain N the game master {and mario bros.}

one of my favorites, though i was little older was garfield and friends.

Old
09-27-2003, 11:16 AM
Barnaby

Smurfs and Muppet babies..... two more classics.

You guys ever here that Mr. Rogers was a Navy seal? He always wore long sleeves because he had tatoos. He had 20 somtin confirmed kills. Thats not BS

Old
09-27-2003, 11:27 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

i only have two words!

"STILETTO... ON"

Old
09-27-2003, 01:01 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
1. Ninja Turtles
2. Ghost Busters

nailed all 3 for me, in that order. I had all the TMNT action figures.

Fraggle was the shat. The Dozers were my reason for watching. I guess thats explains why im an architect now.

Old
09-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Edge

yeah but i would hightly doubt your buildings are edible. so you've got some work to do, make a giant ginger bread house.

Old
09-27-2003, 03:24 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I remember having to watch all the girls cartoons too because i had a sister a year old than me. She-Ra. Jam, My little ponies.....{sigh}, i was torture=).

Ahem...I think you mean JEM.

How could we have left out Spiderman and his Amazing Friends, Super friends, Go Bots, The Incredible Hulk, and the one with Mr. T. Here's a blast from the past: How 'bout that one with Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordon, and Bo Jackon? They fought crime with an arsenal of gadgets derived from their respective sports.

I didn't vote for TMNT because their shows are still in production. I think as of last year they were airing new TMNT cartoons. I want something I haven't seen in years. BTW, any of you get to watch the new He-Man cartoon? Not bad. I was impressed.

Old
09-27-2003, 03:43 PM
Edge

i dont count the new tmnt cartoons, they arent the same.

i am talking about the original syndication ones dureing their heyday in the mid to late 80's. Now that was fun.

And yes it was Jem, {shrugs} i dunno.

I never really like those super hero ones, but i do remember the superman cartoon on CBS.

Any else remember all the old "this is america charlie brown specials"?

Voltron kicked serious @$$ and i always loved those claymation specials. god if i could build a time machine i'd take my vcr with me, lol.

Old
09-27-2003, 03:52 PM
Barnaby

New TMNT episodes suck. Bring back the old ones.

Nothing like Michalengelo crushing mousers against the wall, and Donatello beating the heck out of the Rat King.

Old
09-27-2003, 04:43 PM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
I voted for RGB, Dungeons & Dragons, Voltron, and Transformers: Robots in Disguise. I used to watch all those shows all the time, and He-Man and TMNT, too. I *loved* Voltron!! That show was awesome and it was the first anime I ever saw!!

I don't remember M.A.S.K. What was that show about?

Old
09-27-2003, 04:48 PM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Quote:

Those are more of my old favorites! LOL! And it was Jem, not Jam. I watched the Thundercats everday, too.

Did anybody else watch Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors?

Old
09-27-2003, 05:10 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicpixie
I voted for RGB, Dungeons & Dragons, Voltron, and Transformers: Robots in Disguise. I used to watch all those shows all the time, and He-Man and TMNT, too. I *loved* Voltron!! That show was awesome and it was the first anime I ever saw!!

I don't remember M.A.S.K. What was that show about?
mask was about dudes with transforming cars and vehicles wearing super powered masks. there was an asian dude who say with his broken accent "lifta - on" and shoot orange rings of anti-gravity from his (mask) eyes. the 'good guy' leader drove a red sports car that transformed into this flying car jet thing and the 'bad guy' leader had a helicopter that changed into a jet fighter of sorts i believe.

Old
09-27-2003, 05:27 PM
Barnaby

Earth, Wind, Water, Fire with your powers combined.....

LoL remember Captain Planet

Old
09-27-2003, 05:53 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
yeah but i would hightly doubt your buildings are edible. so you've got some work to do, make a giant ginger bread house.

How about the Great Space Coasters with Gary Gnews and the New Zoo Revue

Old
09-27-2003, 06:34 PM
Skroob*

edit: forget it.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Edge

inspector gadget, totally 80's.

There was the cartoon with stretch man and his side kick was some hairy creature with a dog houseon his head. never did see his face.

TMNT and Ghostbusters stand out because they took place in ny. We all knew where they were and for those of us in ny it made it seem more real somehow.

here's one for you kids of the reagan years;

Thundercats.

Anyone else remember "Silver Hawks"?

Closed Thread