HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha/Immonen Rumors?

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2005, 08:29 AM
free0717

vCash: 500
Prucha/Immonen Rumors?

Has anyone heard any rumors that Jarkko Immonen and Peter Prucha are being brought over this year?

Old
07-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Levitate

I've heard from a finnish poster on another board that the Rangers are negotiating with Immonen. But it appears it's gone into the whole two-way contract vs. one-way contract. The Rangers want to sign him to a two-way contract in case he needs time in the AHL, so they don't have to pay him as much and it won't count against the cap as much. Immonen wants a one-way deal, which seems usual for euro's...

No idea how big of a hangup that is, the Rangers have obviously said before they want the guy over and that they expect him to play on the Rangers, so I don't think they'll pidgeon hole him. Another wrinkle was that apparently according to the new IIHF agreement, Immonen would have to play in at least X amount of NHL games or the Rangers would have to pay a fine

Old
07-28-2005, 10:39 AM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
I've heard from a finnish poster on another board that the Rangers are negotiating with Immonen. But it appears it's gone into the whole two-way contract vs. one-way contract. The Rangers want to sign him to a two-way contract in case he needs time in the AHL, so they don't have to pay him as much and it won't count against the cap as much. Immonen wants a one-way deal, which seems usual for euro's...

No idea how big of a hangup that is, the Rangers have obviously said before they want the guy over and that they expect him to play on the Rangers, so I don't think they'll pidgeon hole him. Another wrinkle was that apparently according to the new IIHF agreement, Immonen would have to play in at least X amount of NHL games or the Rangers would have to pay a fine
Thanks for the info. Hope someone out there has some info on Prucha.

Old
07-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Very interesting to say the least. I was watching today when JYP held a practice session. Jarkko went all the way. Usually when negotiating players tend to be extra careful when practising. I took some photos but I'll post them later if I succeeded (the lighting was quite bad). I didn't get a chance to talk to him... Maybe next time.

The amount of games needed is 30 games. If not achieved, the club has to pay fines. Amount of fines and where to pay is a mystery to me as of today.

Old
07-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Garden_Variety

This link is from Hockey Rodent about Prucha. Take it for what its worth.

Apparently Prucha's Czech team general manager is looking for compensation from Sather to get him out of the last year of his Czech contract.

http://hockeyrodent.com/rodent.htm

Old
07-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Levitate

Quote:
I was watching today when JYP held a practice session. Jarkko went all the way. Usually when negotiating players tend to be extra careful when practising.
maybe he's just one of those guys who goes all out all the time

but it's not like he doesn't have a contract now and has to worry about screwing up and getting injured and getting left out in the cold because of an injury...he has his JYP contract. and no matter what he's gonna be playing hockey somewhere this year, so it makes some sense to practice hard no matter what...gotta get ready for the season, no matter if it's in NY or Finland.

The other poster I mentioned said he's going to go down to the JYP practices next week and try to talk to him also. If so, I'll let people know what he says

Old
07-28-2005, 10:48 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden_Variety

Apparently Prucha's Czech team general manager is looking for compensation from Sather to get him out of the last year of his Czech contract.

He can have Tom Poti.

Old
07-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden_Variety

eh unless sather HAS to have him signed by monday, then it doesn't matter what his teams GM wants. if the new IIHF agreement goes through, the guy can ask all he wants but he's only going to get what was agreed to in the agreement.

right now, it just sounds like he's trying to bluster his way into some money. "yeah we'll let you buy him out right now so you don't have to sit and worry about the agreement not passing on monday! but it'll cost just a little extra..."

Old
07-28-2005, 10:50 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I asked JD about Immonen on Monday and he said the Rangers really want to get him over and are negotiating with him. Pretty much what we all knew though.

Old
07-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
maybe he's just one of those guys who goes all out all the time

The other poster I mentioned said he's going to go down to the JYP practices next week and try to talk to him also. If so, I'll let people know what he says
Knowing Jarkko I'd say he does takes it easy sometimes even in practice sessions but you have a point. He plays hockey no matter what next season, only the place is a small mystery.

I'm also most likely going to see other practice session later next week.

Anyway, here are some photos I took. These are the best ones and still suck. The lighting was bad and my camera is quite slow too. I lost many action photos because it was so damn slow...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...9/HPIM2216.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...9/HPIM2233.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...9/HPIM2247.jpg

Last edited by Padawan: 07-28-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Old
07-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Ola

Padawan- Usually in these situation the player feels a little bad for leaving his team so late in the season, it must be less then a month before the SM-liiga starts, and uses that as a reason to ask for alittle bit higher then what he is offered first. Do you think that is the case with Jarkko?

Personally I would love it if Immonen was signed. I think he would be a lock on the 2nd line unless another center is signed or traded for. It would also be perfect timming for him to come over. Its gooing to take awhile for everyone to get used to the game without redline, everyone except guys like Immonen and Prucha....

Old
07-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Padawan- Usually in these situation the player feels a little bad for leaving his team so late in the season, it must be less then a month before the SM-liiga starts, and uses that as a reason to ask for alittle bit higher then what he is offered first. Do you think that is the case with Jarkko?

Personally I would love it if Immonen was signed. I think he would be a lock on the 2nd line unless another center is signed or traded for. It would also be perfect timming for him to come over. Its gooing to take awhile for everyone to get used to the game without redline, everyone except guys like Immonen and Prucha....
It could be the case or it also could be that his agent wants to get the maximum salary for rookies (so that he could also get more). I'm still torn. He is the best player by far this team has but then again, he would move to the big leagues and younger prospects may take it that JYP is where to go to get some push to their careers...

Old
07-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
It could be the case or it also could be that his agent wants to get the maximum salary for rookies (so that he could also get more). I'm still torn. He is the best player by far this team has but then again, he would move to the big leagues and younger prospects may take it that JYP is where to go to get some push to their careers...
One good thing is that JYP would recive the transfer money right away. Something like 200.000 euro.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
One good thing is that JYP would recive the transfer money right away. Something like 200.000 euro.
Is it that much? He was drafted in the 8th round after all... Last time JYP received any compensation from the NHL it was when Tuomas Pihlman moved to New Jersey and that time the compensation was payed in parts. If I recall correctly, in two parts during the season.

Jarkko gets about 200k euros for next season if he plays with JYP so it would be nice raise for him if he gets the maximum salary for rookies.

Old
07-28-2005, 01:02 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
Is it that much? He was drafted in the 8th round after all... Last time JYP received any compensation from the NHL it was when Tuomas Pihlman moved to New Jersey and that time the compensation was payed in parts. If I recall correctly, in two parts during the season.

Jarkko gets about 200k euros for next season if he plays with JYP so it would be nice raise for him if he gets the maximum salary for rookies.
Jarkko Immonen is not getting the maximum cap of $850,000 but the NHL minimum salary in the new CBA is $450,000 which is a decent increase from the previous CBA

He can only sign a two year entry level contract because players age 22-23 are required to sign a two elc

Old
07-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Sounds like Immonen is pretty smart. I'd do the exact same thing. The way these things work, it's not like high school football. Sometimes money plays just because it's money. If a guy signs a two-way contract and plays better than someone with a one-way contract, he may end up in the minors anyway so the club can save money.

If I was him, I doubt I'd come over unless there was a guaranteed NHL salary in the bargain.

Old
07-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Sometimes money plays just because it's money. .
wasnt that the problem the last 7 years?

Old
07-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Potted Plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
wasnt that the problem the last 7 years?
It happens everywhere. Let's say you're Calgary and you're working under a big budget crunch. You have a guy signed to a one-way contract worth $700,000 per year. You have another guy signed to a two-way contract that pays him $600,000 at the NHL level, but only $75,000 in the AHL. How much better does that second player have to be before he'd make the roster over the first one, if it comes down to that choice? Sending player #2 down saves the team 1/2 a million dollars.

Old
07-28-2005, 04:03 PM
free0717

Why cant the Rangers give him a contract like Kondratiev has which says if he is in the minors for more than 15 games, Immonen has the choice of going back to JYP.

That should satisfy both parties.

Old
07-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Potted Plant

It's not as easy as just letting him go back to JYP if he doesn't stick in the first couple months. JYP isn't exactly going to be sitting on their hands for the next 4 months. If they don't have Immonen to rely upon, they will go out and get someone else to fill his spot. They will take the money they're saving by not having him to get someone else. Going back to JYP may not be an option because they may not have a spot to give him, and may not have any money to pay him.

Think of it this way. You may leave your job to seek a better opportunity. That opportunity may not work out, and you may have to leave it after some time. Can you count on getting your old job back? You MIGHT get it back, but there are no guarantees. That's what Immonen faces in coming to the New York Rangers, and hence it's not worth it for him unless the money is guaranteed.

Old
07-28-2005, 06:41 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
Why cant the Rangers give him a contract like Kondratiev has which says if he is in the minors for more than 15 games, Immonen has the choice of going back to JYP.

That should satisfy both parties.
cause you don't want him going back.

Old
07-28-2005, 06:53 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
NYR needs centers end of story. This kid is a second line play making center that will do nothing other than benefit the club. Give him Balej on the right and a tough rugged N.A player on the LW and he should be fine no reason to send him down.

This is the problem with Euo players and getting them to N.A, Immonen, Marek, and Prucha are just prime examples of whats going on, I expect Korpikoski to never see any time in NYR, this is why I hate signing or drafting or even trading for Euro players ( that arre still in there home land ) it always seems to be some what of a problem. In some aspect atleast.

Old
07-28-2005, 08:49 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
cause you don't want him going back.
but Imonnen doesnt want to come here with a two way contract.

Old
07-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
but Imonnen doesnt want to come here with a two way contract.
Then I guess they'll have to change the Entry Level Contract rules

Old
07-29-2005, 03:18 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
It's not as easy as just letting him go back to JYP if he doesn't stick in the first couple months. JYP isn't exactly going to be sitting on their hands for the next 4 months. If they don't have Immonen to rely upon, they will go out and get someone else to fill his spot. They will take the money they're saving by not having him to get someone else. Going back to JYP may not be an option because they may not have a spot to give him, and may not have any money to pay him.

Think of it this way. You may leave your job to seek a better opportunity. That opportunity may not work out, and you may have to leave it after some time. Can you count on getting your old job back? You MIGHT get it back, but there are no guarantees. That's what Immonen faces in coming to the New York Rangers, and hence it's not worth it for him unless the money is guaranteed.
JYP will take Immonen back any day, that is not the problem. Will Immonen want to come back and not play somewhere else is the question. Sure, he is loyal player but in currently in JYP Immonen can't win the championship. The material just isn't good enough. The chance of winning the championship may be more important to him, though he has said many times before that the role in a team is very important to him. He wants to be a key player, to get alot of responsibility. This is my guess, but I think if he had to choose whether to win championship with a minor role or not winning the championship in a key role, he'd choose the latter.

Anyway, there was a small article about Immonen's situation in a local newspaper. They had interviewed his agent and to make a story short, they have negotiated but so far the Rangers haven't offered a contract due to NHL's and IIHF's not having a contract but after it is signed, the Rangers will most likely offer a contract. He also said that Jarkko doesn't have to accept any contract the Rangers offer to him since he already has a respectable with JYP.

So basicly, the Rangers should offer him a good contract if they want to get him to sign. Immonen and his agent has a pretty good negotiating advance since if Jarkko doesn't come over this season, he'll be a free agent after this season and can negotiate with any NHL team that might want his services.

Bottom line? I think Jarkko will sign with the Rangers if they offer him good enough role which basicly is a one way contract or a promise that he will play more with the Rangers than with the Wolf Pack.

Closed Thread