HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[NYR/CHI] Kyle Beach to the Rangers for Brandon Mashinter

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-06-2013, 01:36 PM
  #51
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Beach is one of my least favorite hockey players on the planet, he is a total punk. There is some talent there, though honestly he lost something on his shot when he totaled his shoulder a couple years back in my opinion. Guy is also responsible for the last three bench clearing brawls in the AHL, seriously right at the heart of each and every one of them. Constant yapper on the bench and I have actually seen his teammates roll their eyes at him while sitting right near the benches in Milwaukee.

I don't think he will ever put it together, there are times you see a pretty darn good hockey player though flash in terms of tools. I disagree with a lot of people piling on his skating, it isn't a thing of beauty but there is far worse playing in the NHL right now and it is far from awful is especially for a bigger guy.

The problem for Beach is he is spot picker and relentless *******bag out on the ice, not relentless in terms of his play but in his sideshow actions. Now maybe he makes it up on that fourth line and McIntyre makes it soon and is around to save Beach's bacon when he writes checks his body cannot cash. But I think eventually especially at this level someone is going to get a hold of him and turn his lights for some of the crap he does and the **** he says on the bench and ice. A pest can be good, Beach really only seems to succeed in firing the other team up though without bringing much to the table himself to date, while also appearing to drag his own teammates in the process.

If he wants to become a fourth line banger and figure out how to be a net-front guy maybe this story eventually ends well for him. But he is running out of time and needs to really apply himself to his craft.
Not expecting him to. If he gets called up (Which I never hope he does to NY at least), he'll probably get his **** pushed in quickly.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:44 PM
  #52
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
You could have gotten him for nothing when he was on waivers a few weeks ago...
Contracts count. I don't think the Rangers wanted to add a contract

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:45 PM
  #53
clydesdale line
Registered User
 
clydesdale line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
The fact that Chicago got ANYTHING for him is a major plus.

I will say I still like Beach's potential. Probably won't be the Lucic power forward type he was envisioned to be, but hope can he carve out a niche on the 4th or 3rd line. Already has the size, shot and agitation going for him.

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:47 PM
  #54
ReyHF
Neutral fan
 
ReyHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 2,224
vCash: 500
Chicago could've had Karlsson with that pick. Just saying

^ about the video above, what the hell was he thinking? "Im going to impress everybody by beating this much smaller norwegian guy"?

ReyHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:47 PM
  #55
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people
 
Brendan Shanahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
Interesting. Isn't Beach a terrible human being?

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:50 PM
  #56
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
The fact that Chicago got ANYTHING for him is a major plus.

I will say I still like Beach's potential. Probably won't be the Lucic power forward type he was envisioned to be, but hope can he carve out a niche on the 4th or 3rd line. Already has the size, shot and agitation going for him.
People have to realize that taking a contract like Mashinter < just losing the player on waivers most of the time. 50 contract limit.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:58 PM
  #57
RomersWorld
Registered User
 
RomersWorld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
You guys are playing Kostka on forward?
Sure. Q loves playing defenseman at forward instead of actual forwards

Brookbank
Kostka
Montador
Hendry

Possibly more that I can't think of off the top of my head. Maybe Boynton or Walker.

RomersWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 01:59 PM
  #58
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
Here's a good one to start. This is against a teammate in training camp.


Here's some recent comments by Rockford head coach Ted Dent on Beach's maturity or lack therefore of (pretty rare to see a coach go off on a player like that)
http://www.thethirdmanin.com/wp/audi...tGameScrum.mp3

The Blackhawks won't even recall Beach to be a black ace in the playoffs over fears that he will disrupt the team.
Danke!

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:00 PM
  #59
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Sure. Q loves playing defenseman at forward instead of actual forwards

Brookbank
Kostka
Montador
Hendry

Possibly more that I can't think of off the top of my head. Maybe Boynton or Walker.
Oh he does, does he? Want Stu Bickel?

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:03 PM
  #60
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Beach is one of my least favorite hockey players on the planet, he is a total punk. There is some talent there, though honestly he lost something on his shot when he totaled his shoulder a couple years back in my opinion. Guy is also responsible for the last three bench clearing brawls in the AHL, seriously right at the heart of each and every one of them. Constant yapper on the bench and I have actually seen his teammates roll their eyes at him while sitting right near the benches in Milwaukee.

I don't think he will ever put it together, there are times you see a pretty darn good hockey player though flash in terms of tools. I disagree with a lot of people piling on his skating, it isn't a thing of beauty but there is far worse playing in the NHL right now and it is far from awful is especially for a bigger guy.

The problem for Beach is he is spot picker and relentless *******bag out on the ice, not relentless in terms of his play but in his sideshow actions. Now maybe he makes it up on that fourth line and McIntyre makes it soon and is around to save Beach's bacon when he writes checks his body cannot cash. But I think eventually especially at this level someone is going to get a hold of him and turn his lights for some of the crap he does and the **** he says on the bench and ice. A pest can be good, Beach really only seems to succeed in firing the other team up though without bringing much to the table himself to date, while also appearing to drag his own teammates in the process.

If he wants to become a fourth line banger and figure out how to be a net-front guy maybe this story eventually ends well for him. But he is running out of time and needs to really apply himself to his craft.
That is the story I have heard about him. Not a very well respected player. Paybacks are a ***** and he will get his if he plays for the rags. Hawks have to be happy to be rid of him. Strange deal for the rags.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:04 PM
  #61
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 20,067
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Sure. Q loves playing defenseman at forward instead of actual forwards

Brookbank
Kostka
Montador
Hendry

Possibly more that I can't think of off the top of my head. Maybeu Boynton or Walker.
w

Scott

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:38 PM
  #62
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 21,507
vCash: 1
And nothing of value was lost, or gained, by either team.

__________________

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limitations of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:41 PM
  #63
Zombotron
The Pretzels
 
Zombotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyHF View Post
Chicago could've had Karlsson with that pick. Just saying
Vancouver could've had Beach with their pick. And at the time, some Canucks fans were clamoring for him, as he was a big power-forward from BC.

Zombotron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:45 PM
  #64
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 15,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Shanahan View Post
Interesting. Isn't Beach a terrible human being?
That's pushing it, but the Rangers need a bit of crazy in the lineup. The team is far too vanilla.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 02:49 PM
  #65
Cool Hand Goof*
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
damn , crazy that chicago finally cut ties with him

i wonder if newyork gives him a chance

the nhl needs another sean avery

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 03:03 PM
  #66
Patty Ice
Best in the World
 
Patty Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: OxNard
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 10,063
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
At one point a few years ago, Mashinter was a crown jewel in the Sharks development system in the eyes of a few fans. That is how desparate they were for prospects.

__________________
Patty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 03:15 PM
  #67
I Am Classless
Registered User
 
I Am Classless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Falkland Islands
Posts: 1,460
vCash: 500
I'm gonna give Beach an unfair David Clarkson comparison in my head right now so I can get real mad when he plays sub-Stu Bickel hockey and tops it off with taking a horrible run at some guy.

I Am Classless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 03:21 PM
  #68
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
He's been in Sweden this year.
No, as stated before, he played a few games in Sweden before being returned to Rockford of the AHL. Played 6 goals with them and had 3 goals.

__________________
Dan O'Toole: "So if I have this right, only acceptable goal celebration in NHL is to put hands at your sides and then feel shame."
caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 03:23 PM
  #69
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,195
vCash: 517
Never heard of Mashinter. NYR appears to be getting steal in prospect for prospect deals.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 03:26 PM
  #70
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,195
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Sure. Q loves playing defenseman at forward instead of actual forwards

Brookbank
Kostka
Montador
Hendry

Possibly more that I can't think of off the top of my head. Maybe Boynton or Walker.
Buff, when he was there.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 03:56 PM
  #71
EpicDing
rongos pls
 
EpicDing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Well, Mashinter wasn't doing anything here, the worst that can possibly happen is that this deal changes absolutely nothing. Only possibility for the Rangers is a positive outcome here, as far as I can see. Maybe Beach becomes a 4th line agitator good for 5-10 goals? Works for me.

EpicDing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 04:10 PM
  #72
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,873
vCash: 500
As far as i recall Beach is not playing a two way game, a fourth liner has to be responsible defensively, has to play the game right and Beach isn't doing that.


Last edited by ChoseLa: 12-06-2013 at 04:23 PM.
ChoseLa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 04:29 PM
  #73
Izzy
Moderator
#SloveniaForGold2018
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,965
vCash: 270
Thought Mashinter was still on the Sharks.

Hm.

__________________
oops!
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 04:31 PM
  #74
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Thought Mashinter was still on the Sharks.

Hm.
Was traded on January 16th of this year to New York for Tommy Grant and a conditional 2014 7th.

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 04:33 PM
  #75
Izzy
Moderator
#SloveniaForGold2018
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,965
vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Was traded on January 16th of this year to New York for Tommy Grant and a conditional 2014 7th.
Guess I missed that.... Thanks!
I also for whatever reason thought he was a defenseman.

I know nothing about Mashinter apparently.

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.