HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MLB Discussion Thread Part III: Jeter announces retirement after 2014

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2014, 03:02 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
I have no idea why TC is so insistent on playing EYJ.

Old
03-31-2014, 03:03 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
EY is in the lineup today because Murphy's wife is giving birth. In general, though, yeah...EY ain't that good.

It's just pain.
Old
03-31-2014, 03:05 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
EY is in the lineup today because Murphy's wife is giving birth. In general, though, yeah...EY ain't that good.
Yeah I know, but GKR have been going on all day about how TC wants to get EYJ in the lineup. It just blows my mind.

Honestly, I take Andrew Brown playing LF until Chris Young is healthy rather than have EYJ there.

Bobby starting to dial it up. Here we go.

Old
03-31-2014, 04:06 PM
30theking

i feel bad for david wright. he sort of reminds me of taveres. both great players that want to win so badly but their both stuck on horrible new york franchises. i would love if both of them were on the yankees and rangers respectively. also not a great debut for granderson as a met. 0-5 with 3 k's.

Old
03-31-2014, 04:45 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
****ing bull****pen.

Old
03-31-2014, 04:46 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I have no idea why TC is so insistent on playing EYJ.
BECAUSE STEALS.

Duh.

Old
03-31-2014, 06:13 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
BECAUSE STEALS.

Duh.
Yet he's strangely ethical about refusing to take first base.

Old
03-31-2014, 09:37 PM
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.

I haven't watched the Mets since 07, thought I'd give a try again.. turn on in the 19th to see them give up 4 runs

Old
03-31-2014, 10:01 PM
Rust Heisenberg

I think this team will hit a slide early on. Alderson will fire TC in June. He should have never been extended.

The new manager will probably be someone from the minor league affiliates, or within the clubhouse, filling in as an interim. I don't think it'll be Backman, as if Backman is able to rally the troops and post an above .500 w-l ratio, there will be no justification to fire him. Maybe the bench coach for the remainder of the year.

Syndergaard will be called up. The team will bank on Young, Gee, and Colon having career years. I think each will be traded for prospects by the August 31 deadlines.

Next year's rotation will likely be:

Harvey, Wheeler, Syndergaard, Niese, Mejia/Montero/DeGrom/FA

Therefore, Colon and Gee make most sense to be traded. Niese doesn't make sense as he is still affordably signed, and our next lefty starter prospect likely won't be in the mix, realistically, for the next 2 years. That prospect is Stephen Matz. Exciting prospect that still has to show he can remain consistently healthy.

I can see the Mets being able to get an A-level prospect for Colon and an A-level prospect for a package of Gee and Young.

One prospect will likely be a SS that is close to coming up. The other will likely be a corner outfield that is close to coming up. Next year's line up will feature those 2 prospects, Lagares, Granderson, Wright, D'Arnaud, Flores, and either Ike or Murphy, depending on who gets traded.

Next year is the year that they're realistically looking at to be competitive. This year is a wash. The most we can hope for is Colon, Gee, and Young yielding some important cornerstones for our future.

Old
04-01-2014, 12:45 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Parnell ****ed up his elbow and is out for who knows long. This season is gonna be awesome.

Old
04-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Parnell ****ed up his elbow and is out for who knows long. This season is gonna be awesome.
Tank for the first pick. Can't hurt in a throw away season.

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Has there been another bullpen as consistently awful as ours over the last 3 years?

Old
ECL
Very slippery slope

LOLmets

Ugh.

Old
04-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Rust Heisenberg

I can't help but feel that Warthen is the reason for all these pitching related injuries.

Harvey, Hefner, now Parnell all had the same UCL injury.

Niese had a partially torn rotator cuff. Tricep soreness. Dead arm.

He requires his pitchers work more on their breaking stuff, and temporarily the pitchers look much more improved with a better repertoire... and then they get an injury.

Breaking pitches puts more stress on the elbow. That's a fact. Whatever regiment he has them working on is inducing these injuries.

Old
04-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Has there been another bullpen as consistently awful as ours over the last 3 years?
No. What I don't get is why Vic Black and Jacob Degrom are in the minors right now. This will be a wash season. Black and Degrom need to be developed at the highest level.

Old
04-01-2014, 01:21 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
No. What I don't get is why Vic Black and Jacob Degrom are in the minors right now. This will be a wash season. Black and Degrom need to be developed at the highest level.
I agree with DeGrom. Black, though, was absolutely awful in ST and pretty inconsistent in his ML cups of coffee. I could see the case for him, but before Parnell's arm fell off i'm not upset with Black in AAA.

You can't throw out the whole season after one resurgence from the LOLPen. Obviously the Mets most likely won't compete, and with no good late-inning reliever things look rough right now, but management isn't gonna throw away the season (unfortunate? perhaps.)

I'm for "tanking" because I think the Mets can compete when Harvey's back and you have a developing Syndegaard as your 4th starter, and a high pick will help that team in the close future. But if we do well this year because of David Wright playing like David Wright and guys like Wheeler, d'Arnaud, Flores, Lagares and Murph having strong seasons, so be it. There's a lot to look forward to on this team over the next year or two. If Puello can become a major league player by the middle of next season, the only position i'm not exactly happy about for the team over the next 2 years SS (Rosario is years away), 1B (Dom Smith is polished for his age but not close yet) and bullpen.

It's time to move past LOLMets.

Old
04-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
I agree with DeGrom. Black, though, was absolutely awful in ST and pretty inconsistent in his ML cups of coffee. I could see the case for him, but before Parnell's arm fell off i'm not upset with Black in AAA.

You can't throw out the whole season after one resurgence from the LOLPen. Obviously the Mets most likely won't compete, and with no good late-inning reliever things look rough right now, but management isn't gonna throw away the season (unfortunate? perhaps.)

I'm for "tanking" because I think the Mets can compete when Harvey's back and you have a developing Syndegaard as your 4th starter, and a high pick will help that team in the close future. But if we do well this year because of David Wright playing like David Wright and guys like Wheeler, d'Arnaud, Flores, Lagares and Murph having strong seasons, so be it. There's a lot to look forward to on this team over the next year or two. If Puello can become a major league player by the middle of next season, the only position i'm not exactly happy about for the team over the next 2 years SS (Rosario is years away), 1B (Dom Smith is polished for his age but not close yet) and bullpen.

It's time to move past LOLMets.
I think Colon, Gee, and Young should all be traded if they have good seasons. Stockpile top end prospects.

That should be the plan for this year. Next year, new veteran coaching staff, change the mentality.

Old
04-01-2014, 01:31 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
I think Colon, Gee, and Young should all be traded if they have good seasons. Stockpile top end prospects.

That should be the plan for this year. Next year, new veteran coaching staff, change the mentality.
Trade Gee? Why?

Fine with moving Colon and Young, though. They should absolutely be moved if they succeed.

Old
04-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
Trade Gee? Why?

Fine with moving Colon and Young, though. They should absolutely be moved if they succeed.
Harvey, Wheeler, Syndergaard - potential top 3

Niese, Mejia, Montero, Degrom - potential bottom 2

Gee, with similar #'s to last year, could probably warrant an A level prospect. He's young and controllable.

Colon, with similar #'s to last year, would definitely warrant an A level prospect. That's a guy you trade to a team in the pennant run that is weighing the rewards of something over the next 2 years over a prospect who would take longer to make an impact.

Young, could probably net a B-level prospect with a good, bounce back season.

Finally, guys like Ike and/or Murphy could also be explored in trade scenarios. I'd imagine 1 of those 2 is also shipped out this year, if not both.

Murphy at 2nd, while definitely better than he once was, is at best an "average" defender at the position. Ike.... jury is still out on him. He's had some really horrific stretches in a Mets uniform.

The Mets should seek to revamp 3/4 of their infield. They drafted Dominic Smith who projects to be an all star 1b in the league one day (hopefully he attains that level of play). They traded for Dilson Herrera last year who projects to be an above average 2b in the league. Both of those players will likely reach the majors, at earliest, in 2016. They need some help.

Old
04-01-2014, 04:39 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Murph isn't great, but he's very solid. 2B is way down on the list of need before SS and 1B. Honestly, 2B is the last position we have that might need improvement that we should actively seek an improvement for. SS, 1B, OF and RP's are dragging us down a lot more than Murph.

Old
04-01-2014, 06:49 PM
IfYouCantEtemJoinEm
so hot right now

vCash: 983
CC getting shelled.

Old
04-01-2014, 07:01 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue62 View Post
CC getting shelled.
He looks awful.

Old
04-01-2014, 07:26 PM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
He looks awful.
We need him to be a #4 or 5 this year, not a 1. Kuroda and Tanaka should be better then him. With our bats, if we a #2 from Tanaka, #3 from Kuroda, #4 from CC, #4 from Pineda/Nova and #5 from Pineda/Nova, we should be more then fine.

Old
04-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Zil

Sooo, is it too early to bring out the Mets 2014 tank-fest banners? Between the bullpen and the questionable offense I'm thinking we've got a good shot at another high pick.

Old
04-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Sooo, is it too early to bring out the Mets 2014 tank-fest banners? Between the bullpen and the questionable offense I'm thinking we've got a good shot at another high pick.
Man, I didn't even have it in me to finish watching the 8th inning today. Nationals had terrible game in terms of fielding. Mets had multiple opportunities to blow this game out early on. Looks like they are going to lose 7-2.

Its only the third game of the season, but I would say the Mets are probably going to be absolutely terrible this year.

Closed Thread