HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jacob Trouba+ for Nail Yakupov

Old
12-08-2013, 08:14 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Trouba getting overrated big time for being an NHL ready prospect. Just like Monahan. Reminds me of Schenn's rookie season.
Wow...

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 08:15 PM
smackdaddy
x – Edmonton

vCash: 500
Yeah let's trade Yak before he's had a full NHL season and while his value is at his lowest for a middle pairing defenseman from a team with similar problems as we have.

smackdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 08:19 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Yeah let's trade Yak before he's had a full NHL season and while his value is at his lowest for a middle pairing defenseman from a team with similar problems as we have.
Where do I start……you know what forget it…..

Old
12-08-2013, 08:54 PM
RedBar
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 2377
Quote:
Trouba getting overrated big time for being an NHL ready prospect. Just like Monahan. Reminds me of Schenn's rookie season.
Except Schenn never had much offensive upside, hockey sense or anything close to elite skating. But yeah, if we're talking only in terms of their proclivity for hitting, then sure, Trouba's rookie season can reasonably remind you of Schenn's.

Trouba's upside is to be the next Pronger. I don't think anyone is going nuts just because he's NHL ready. It's all about what he will be. Completely different from Schenn.

RedBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:04 PM
BigZ65

A straight up deal might make sense if Yak was a solid centre, but he's a wing, Russian (meaning a KHL team will be offering $10 mil tax free a year when he's RFA) and underwhelming so far. Very little chance anyone trades a top player or prospect like Trouba for Yakupov, unless that player or prospect is just as concerning. The Jets already have more than their share of underachieving wingers.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Tavares91Stamkos91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Trouba + 1st

Yakupov + Nurse
No! Not intrested in trading Nurse and Yak for that.

Tavares91Stamkos91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Peter Tagli Eddie
All 3 of them?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan57 View Post
No! Not intrested in trading Nurse and Yak for that.
Trouba > Yak
1st = Nurse

Worse for Jets.

Peter Tagli Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 11:20 AM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsa Orlong View Post
I know you are just trolling as usual, but did you even watch Yakupov last night? He didn't play big minutes, and he had 100% corsi (12 shot attempts for, 0 against). He also wasn't -1 as you suggest.

I would think that with all the material that kid gives you that we could expect a bit more quality in your trolling. I think we all know you can do better.
Yes i did watch the game and he was downright invisible most of the time. The only time i ever noticed him was when he skated around with vigor then gave the puck away. It's clear he is trying everything to put up points, but he cant seem to do anything right. Trying to defend a player with Yakupov's stats is pretty hilarious (no even strength goals for a sniper of his skill is pathetic). You cant blame Eakins for this either.

And FYI, i thought hall looked like a man possessed out there, if he took 50% of that effort and applied it to his defensive game, he would be one of the best players in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsa Orlong View Post
He didn't play much in the 3rd. When things are tight Eakins usually reigns in his minutes, as he is indeed a very raw player prone to making mistakes. He looked pretty good in the first two periods with three shots and a few nice hits.
He looked invisible.

Quote:
He isnt being overrated, if anything Yakupov is getting overrated based on his draft position.

Results matter, and right now Yakupov is showing he can't produce and grow as a player.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 11:50 AM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Quote:
Yeah let's trade Yak before he's had a full NHL season and while his value is at his lowest
I'm with you

Quote:
for a middle pairing defenseman from a team with similar problems as we have.
And you lost me...

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 12:12 PM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

As an Oiler fan it pretty simple there no deal to be made . Yakupov value is probably at a all time low . He was rated the first over all for a reason , but the does not mean he lives up to that . Until his value jumps up the Oilers should hang on to him

The Jets have a very good young RHD in JT who is playing very well right now against the best players in the world , why would they do it ?

Even if Yakupov becomes a 40 goal score and JT becomes a #1 D man as a rule the Defence man is worth more ,so again why do the Jets do it ? Lots of reason my Oilers should do it . Not a very well thought out purpose

McSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 12:15 PM
fmrdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
As an Oiler fan it pretty simple there no deal to be made . Yakupov value is probably at a all time low . He was rated the first over all for a reason , but the does not mean he lives up to that . Until his value jumps up the Oilers should hang on to him

The Jets have a very good young RHD in JT who is playing very well right now against the best players in the world , why would they do it ?

Even if Yakupov becomes a 40 goal score and JT becomes a #1 D man as a rule the Defence man is worth more ,so again why do the Jets do it ? Lots of reason my Oilers should do it . Not a very well thought out purpose
Good post.

fmrdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 01:28 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
What has Yakupov shown this year that shows he is deserving of such high values?

His stats are abysmal and this is on the supposed high-flying Oilers team. Let's be honest he hasnt shown a whole this year for Edmonton fans to be excited about.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 01:36 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
After watching Yakupov in junior he absolutely has the skills to become a top NHL winger. My worry is he just doesn't seem to mesh well with Eakins or similar styled coaches. So I'm really wondering when that development is going to occur. From each Edmonton game I've watched I haven't seen that same drive and determination that was such a staple from him in junior.
He kind of seems like one of those guys who was able to rely on being the most talented player on the ice rather than having to outwork his opponent. Admittedly I haven't followed his situation much, but I would chalk this year up to a sophomore slump and difficulty adjusting to a demanding coach. He absolutely has the talent to be a good offensive player in the NHL, but like most young players he has to adjust to not having the puck on his stick all the time.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Sundinisagod
Liljegren please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Tagli Eddie View Post
Trouba > Yak
1st = Nurse

Worse for Jets.
Trouba > Yak
1st < Nurse

Nurse is definitely worth more than the Jets' 1st round pick, which is likely to be a mid rounder...just trying to balance things out value-wise and create some incentive for Winnipeg to make a deal based around Yak and Trouba.

But then again, I don't think there is anything I can add from Edm side that both Oilers and Jets fans will agree upon, as being the equalizer in trade value for a deal based around Yak and Trouba.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 03:03 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
We don't suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Except Schenn never had much offensive upside, hockey sense or anything close to elite skating. But yeah, if we're talking only in terms of their proclivity for hitting, then sure, Trouba's rookie season can reasonably remind you of Schenn's.

Trouba's upside is to be the next Pronger. I don't think anyone is going nuts just because he's NHL ready. It's all about what he will be. Completely different from Schenn.
how can compare him to Pronger and not use the sarcasm smiley? Even if everything goes perfectly for Trouba, he won't even be close to Pronger

12-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Kulleroinen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Trouba's upside is to be the next Pronger.
Yea ok.

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 03:09 PM
dwanmaster*

But Yakupov's the next Ovechkin amirite

dwanmaster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Tagli Eddie View Post
Trouba > Yak
1st = Nurse

Worse for Jets.
If the first is a top 10 pick then it's worth Nurse

And Yakupov is worth more than Trouba almost everywhere except HF

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 03:15 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
We don't suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
If the first is a top 10 pick then it's worth Nurse
It still isn't. This year isn't as good of draft, and Nurse is already proving to be a very good pick. We lose that swap unless Winnipeg wins the draft lottery

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 03:23 PM
King Woodballs

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
how can compare him to Pronger and not use the sarcasm smiley? Even if everything goes perfectly for Trouba, he won't even be close to Pronger
Then you need to go do some research and see that there are actual hockey people out there that think the same thing.

but some random poster on a message board says it will never be true.

I know who I would listen to.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Yeah I have a tough time comparing anyone to Pronger. Realistically, if Trouba becomes better than JMFJ and Erik Johnson, but not as good as Doughty or Weber that would still be a huge success. A bit ironic as I'd say Nurse has more of a Pronger play style than Trouba...

Like...he could still fall in love with the Pal and hard drugs and screw it all up too lol

Just like Yak could fall for sweet lady H and vodka? You get the point.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWoodballs View Post
Then you need to go do some research and see that there are actual hockey people out there that think the same thing.

but some random poster on a message board says it will never be true.

I know who I would listen to.
One could argue inside hockey pundits and HF folk are both perpetrators of overhyping one prospect or another way beyond what they ever become.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 04:10 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

So it's very likely that Nurse becomes as good as Trouba and could become better but there is no chance our 1st rounder is as valuable as Nurse hmmmmmm.....

Old
12-09-2013, 06:01 PM
SabresSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
If anyone watched Yakupov play tonight, they might realize why his value is less than Trouba's. Got to add another -1 to his league leading -17. Has 9 points in 30 games, and has yet to score even strength this year.

He also looks like a lost puppy out there, trying to do everything with intensity but just looks like a frantic mess.
Sheesh. I know he's been underwhelming, but that is ridiculous.

SabresSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 06:28 PM
tjcurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToursLepantoVienna View Post
Sheesh. I know he's been underwhelming, but that is ridiculous.
He's been terrible this season. Anybody claiming otherwise or willing to continually make excuses is bonkers.

tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote