HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off Topic Thread XIII: Keep Pounding Panthers Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2014, 01:31 PM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

vCash: 1365
Broncos 35 Patriots 28

Seahawks 27 49ers 17

Old
01-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Brock Anton
panthers #badnwagon

vCash: 500
The NFL is fixed.

Old
01-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Brock Anton
panthers #badnwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
The NFL is fixed.
Jinx worked. The silence is deafening up here. Fantastic.

Old
01-19-2014, 08:56 PM
Finnish Hype Train
rip jackstrap

Holy rage, Richard Sherman.

Old
01-19-2014, 09:07 PM
Surrounded By Ahos
Keep firing, Ahos!

vCash: 813

Old
01-19-2014, 09:08 PM
Wolfpuck
More Finns More Wins

Eat it Harbaugh

Old
01-19-2014, 09:18 PM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

Sherman, lol.

Old
01-19-2014, 09:22 PM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

How much you want to bet Seattle fans caused another earthquake after that INT?

Old
01-19-2014, 09:31 PM
cymmot

I would so much rather listen to that Sherman interview than your average "Oh well we just did our job and came out on top" and whatnot. I abhor all of that cliche crap.

Old
01-19-2014, 11:49 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Crabtree sounded much more like an idiot than Sherman in the post game...

Old
01-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

vCash: 50
I can't stand Sherman. He goes out in interviews with all this "people think I'm a bad guy but they never see me off the field" crap, then he goes and does that.

Was pulling for the Broncos anyway, but now it's a little extra motivation.

Old
01-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

LOL at people that can't stand Sherman... The guy barely said a word all year... He's the best CB since Deion and he has to listen to Diva WRs talk **** all day every day and he dominates them all... He's excited to be going to the SB and he listened to Bolden and Crabtree flap their gums all day and then talked smack... Big deal... If you'd rather listen to the vanilla crap that is prerecorded basically, go ahead, the SB needs guys like Sherman... He's fun to watch...

Old
01-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha Cares View Post
LOL at people that can't stand Sherman... The guy barely said a word all year... He's the best CB since Deion and he has to listen to Diva WRs talk **** all day every day and he dominates them all... He's excited to be going to the SB and he listened to Bolden and Crabtree flap their gums all day and then talked smack... Big deal... If you'd rather listen to the vanilla crap that is prerecorded basically, go ahead, the SB needs guys like Sherman... He's fun to watch...
lolwut?

He's VERY fun to watch, no doubt. I don't know if he's the best since Deion, but that's not remotely the point I'm making.

My point is that he's annoying beyond belief. Ever notice that he's the ONLY ONE getting talked to? You're doing the same thing that Sherman's doing, blaming every WR as the "bad guy."

He's like Taylor Swift. Crappy stuff happens to you once, and you get the benefit of the doubt. But if it keeps happening, that's a pretty good indication that it's not everyone else that's the problem.

Old
01-20-2014, 12:07 AM
bilpeto
#Rongos Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
lolwut?

He's VERY fun to watch, no doubt. I don't know if he's the best since Deion, but that's not remotely the point I'm making.

My point is that he's annoying beyond belief. Ever notice that he's the ONLY ONE getting talked to? You're doing the same thing that Sherman's doing, blaming every WR as the "bad guy."

He's like Taylor Swift. Crappy stuff happens to you once, and you get the benefit of the doubt. But if it keeps happening, that's a pretty good indication that it's not everyone else that's the problem.

But did Richard Sherman get the yelling goats treatment?

Old
01-20-2014, 12:42 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

If you think Sherman yapped much this year you weren't paying attention... He was quite quiet most of the year...

Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25 13m

Praying for @NBowman53 ... Hate to see such an amazing player go down like that... Speedy recovery

Old
01-20-2014, 12:58 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha Cares View Post
If you think Sherman yapped much this year you weren't paying attention... He was quite quiet most of the year...

Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25 13m

Praying for @NBowman53 ... Hate to see such an amazing player go down like that... Speedy recovery
Ignoring a logical point that would serve no purpose but to make us angry at each other, I'll assume he didn't yap this year.

Either way, everything he says just oozes arrogance, to me. He's a great CB, I think he's the best in the league right now. But everyone has to know it. His lack of respect just bugs me, that's all. Again, what other instances are there of that type of behavior between CBs and WRs in the league? Every once in awhile you'll get a CB who comes out and says something about his opponent (didn't a Ravens safety chirp Megatron a couple of weeks ago?), but they are usually isolated incidents. Sherman seems to have things like this happen a ton.

And another thing, dude, Richard, you're not underrated. You're the best CB in football, and anyone who pays attention knows it. Stop pretending you're always so disrespected as a player and everyone's out to get you. I've never seen an interview from him where he's not trying to say that he's the best CB in football. It's obnoxious. The greats don't do that. Even Deion was kind of kidding his whole career when saying it, he definitely believed it but he did it in like a super goofy, over-the-top kind of way.

Anyway, I don't really need to discuss it anymore. If that's the kind of interview you like to see, that's none of my concern. I just find it childish and immature. It did get my blood boiling more than I care to admit. I hope DT dominates him in the Super Bowl, although I doubt he will. Either way, it's the kind of thing that gets people to root against you. Maybe the reason he feels disrespected all the time is because people DON'T respect him, as a person. I don't know. I don't know him. Not my place to judge. But everything I've seen him say indicates that I wouldn't want to invite him to a party.

EDIT: Yeah, a couple of tweets after were pretty classy, good for him, mitigates the damage a little. Doesn't really undo what in my opinion was an unclassy move. It's certainly a wonderful gesture though.

Last edited by Anton Dubinchuk: 01-20-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old
01-20-2014, 01:25 AM
Lazyking
Never Forget

It's unclassy for sure but in a sports world with stock, frankly boring anwsers to questions, I must admit that I enjoy the kind of off the wall responses. I will say it does get old if it always happens from the same guy but I don't normally pay that much attention to the Seahawks.

He did another interview with Ed Werder that basically was the same thing but when Warder brought up the Broncos, Sherman didn't say we're going to kill them. He said it will be fun. My point is, from my limited pov, it seems like he just likes to point out facts. Crabtree is a mediocre WR and Sherman is the best corner in the game.

I also won't be rooting for the Broncos because of this because I'd be a hypocrite. I don't like Peyton because he's fairly a cheesy personality with all these commercials.

I hope the Seahawks win their first super bowl, proving that a great defense can still win in this new NFL

Old
01-20-2014, 02:53 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 1020
Trivia:

As of now, expansion cousins Carolina and Jacksonville have identical all-time records (144-160-0).

In the playoffs, Carolina is 6-5 and Jacksonville is 5-6.

Old
01-20-2014, 03:22 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Trivia:

As of now, expansion cousins Carolina and Jacksonville have identical all-time records (144-160-0).

In the playoffs, Carolina is 6-5 and Jacksonville is 5-6.
And the QB who started our first ever game was....

....Steve Beuerlein

We need a Panthers//Jaguars Super Bowl to complete the Circle

Old
01-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
NEVER 4GET

lol at people who get absolutely furious when a player shows any personality in an interview. I guess every pro athlete should be Eric Staal in interviews and speak in boring meaningless cliches.

Played our game
Rewarded with hard work
Find a way to win
North south game
Get the job done

Last edited by Gotta Catch Em Staal: 01-20-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old
01-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Sens1Canes2

It's not personality, it's being a ****ing idiot and very over the top in victory. Prediction - if Tom Brady did it, the world would pretty much end. But because it's Richard Sherman, it sparked somewhat of a reaction. I tweeted immediately after about Erin Andrews being caught off guard - because that pretty much was my only reaction to it. It's too bad that, apparently, there was some stupid racial stuff floating around.

Anyways...it was a pretty well thrown pass, and Sherman made a great play.

And Crabtree? I don't know about mediocre. He's pretty much the reason the Niners had a passing game the last four weeks.

Old
01-20-2014, 10:17 AM
Molon Labe15
Don't Tread On Me

i love how our world now is one where we can justify our actions by saying we tweeted about it lol

Old
01-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Skinner View Post
i love how our world now is one where we can justify our actions by saying we tweeted about it lol
Can you explain that

Old
01-20-2014, 10:31 AM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

#twetverified

#offishul

Old
01-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Molon Labe15
Don't Tread On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens1Canes2 View Post
Can you explain that
lol it wasnt specifically what you said that I was referring to, just that in todays day in age, we run to twitter as the end all be all of pretty much everything, "twitter said this", "i saw this and said something about it on twitter so thats how it is", etc....

Closed Thread