HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXIII - All News & Talk from Around the League

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2013, 01:41 PM
  #251
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,799
vCash: 500
I see no one is talking about Pascal Dupuis' slash that broke Chris Kelly's ankle...

Analyzer is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 01:43 PM
  #252
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ka RasK View Post
Thanks for your concern and well wishes on our board. Attachment 69033

So here is a bouquet of narcissus for you all to enjoy.
Thanks for the concern of us having concern of what is being concerned on your board

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 01:43 PM
  #253
70Stang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Just went over a few posts in this thread and I'm surprised at some of the comments. Last night when it happened and after watching the replay I immediately said he got knocked out with Thornton's elbow pad. If you watch it closely his hand pulls up to allow the elbow smash. If he had punched him there would have been no problem. Some of us who are involved in ground fighting etc will understand what I'm trying to say.

Thornton had one objective and that was to hurt Orpik, I really don't think he had any idea his actions would have the result they did. A hard elbow pad can cause some serious injury. We all have been hit with an elbow and them pads are hard.

Just my opinion so go easy, I don't post a whole lot on this site

Cheers,

70Stang is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 02:29 PM
  #254
1993
Registered User
 
1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I see no one is talking about Pascal Dupuis' slash that broke Chris Kelly's ankle...
I just read the Kerry Fraser blog on TSN and he said Kelly was cheap shot ting Conner. Maybe this was payback? I watched 24CH and heard Prust tell Parise to watch his wrists after Parise gave him a dirty shot.

1993 is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 02:43 PM
  #255
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
I just read the Kerry Fraser blog on TSN and he said Kelly was cheap shot ting Conner. Maybe this was payback? I watched 24CH and heard Prust tell Parise to watch his wrists after Parise gave him a dirty shot.
Heh, players will always find a way to get payback if they can get away with it.

Madam Kadri is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 02:50 PM
  #256
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Everyone is talking about the Pens/Bruins game of course, but has anyone see what happened with Rinaldo on Roussel during the Flyers - Dalla game? Apparently, Rinaldo came off the bench, chased Roussel and attacked him.

Rinaldo is another one who needs to be kicked out the league.

Haven't seen video of it so don't know what happened just heard about it.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 03:04 PM
  #257
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Everyone is talking about the Pens/Bruins game of course, but has anyone see what happened with Rinaldo on Roussel during the Flyers - Dalla game? Apparently, Rinaldo came off the bench, chased Roussel and attacked him.

Rinaldo is another one who needs to be kicked out the league.

Haven't seen video of it so don't know what happened just heard about it.
I'd like to see that... Roussel is known to go overboards and Rinaldo too.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 03:32 PM
  #258
PsychoticHab
Registered User
 
PsychoticHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 836
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I'd like to see that... Roussel is known to go overboards and Rinaldo too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_9yl3Byhw

I think Roussel just got the best of Rinaldo and got him to snap. Then again I'm not sure what he did for Rinaldo to lose it.

PsychoticHab is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 04:06 PM
  #259
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,749
vCash: 1707
bah, i don't have a huge problem with what rinaldo did. he tried to fight a guy that didn't want to fight and once roussel was down near the net, he stop punching. he got ejected and that's what the instigator is for

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 04:07 PM
  #260
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Reading the thread on the Bruins board about the cheapshot is just... Wow. I'm sorry but Bruins fans are ****ing delusional. They are complete lunatics. Too far gone to ever be normal.
Just read through this thread and you will find 2-3 of them right here, but unfortunately.....they call themselves Habs fans.

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 04:30 PM
  #261
dreamingofdrouin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
LAKingsPR‏@LAKingsPR1h
Stand by...Kings transaction news coming shortly...

dreamingofdrouin* is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 04:34 PM
  #262
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
LAKingsPR‏@LAKingsPR1h
Stand by...Kings transaction news coming shortly...
There's nothing on the mainboard, so I take it that's not a legitimate source ?

Analyzer is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 04:37 PM
  #263
dreamingofdrouin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
i dunno..i was hoping somebody knew

dreamingofdrouin* is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 04:57 PM
  #264
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,749
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
i dunno..i was hoping somebody knew
king's board is quiet so im guessing it ain't legit

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 04:59 PM
  #265
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,863
vCash: 200
I know I shouldn't be, but I'm surprised there are people actually defending what Thornton did. Knuckle draggers unite through thick and thin I guess.

Habsawce is online now  
Old
12-08-2013, 05:06 PM
  #266
BergytoMarshy617
Registered User
 
BergytoMarshy617's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
The incident could have been avoided if a few things happened.

1. If the refs called a penalty on the Orpik hit on Eriksson

2. If Orpik manned up and dropped his gloved with Thornton the first time Thornton attempted to engage him.

3. If Neal hadn't kneed Marchand who was on the ground.

Now with that being said Thornton messed up big time. Yes, I like how he went after Orpik right after Neal kneed Marchy in the head, but there is never an excuse to hit a man when he's on the ground. Thornton knows that and should have never hit him as soon as he fell on the ice.

You guys have to understand Thornton has been under some pressure here in Boston. Fans have been on him for not 'enforcing' enough this season. Sometimes our emotions get the best of us and Thornton just lost it for a minute.

Now that's not an excuse and Thornton deserves to be suspended 3-5 games IMO..... But please, I do not want people to use this as an excuse to get fighting out of hockey. The fact that cowards like Orpik are allowed to do make dirty/borderline dirty plays and not answer for it, leads to more injuries and violence than the regulating of fighting in the game ever will.

BergytoMarshy617 is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 05:07 PM
  #267
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticHab View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_9yl3Byhw

I think Roussel just got the best of Rinaldo and got him to snap. Then again I'm not sure what he did for Rinaldo to lose it.
Rinaldo's lucky he didn't connect on that 1st punch and so is Roussel.
Also, since Rinaldo left the bench to begin a fight shouldn't that be an automatic 10 game suspension?

Not as bad as it was first described to me, but only because Roussel was given enough warning to dive under the sucker punch. Rinaldo did hit him when he was down tho, but it looks like Roussel was uninjured.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 05:12 PM
  #268
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergytoMarshy617 View Post
The incident could have been avoided if a few things happened.

1. If the refs called a penalty on the Orpik hit on Eriksson

2. If Orpik manned up and dropped his gloved with Thornton the first time Thornton attempted to engage him.

3. If Neal hadn't kneed Marchand who was on the ground.

Now with that being said Thornton messed up big time. Yes, I like how he went after Orpik right after Neal kneed Marchy in the head, but there is never an excuse to hit a man when he's on the ground. Thornton knows that and should have never hit him as soon as he fell on the ice.

You guys have to understand Thornton has been under some pressure here in Boston. Fans have been on him for not 'enforcing' enough this season. Sometimes our emotions get the best of us and Thornton just lost it for a minute.

Now that's not an excuse and Thornton deserves to be suspended 3-5 games IMO..... But please, I do not want people to use this as an excuse to get fighting out of hockey. The fact that cowards like Orpik are allowed to do make dirty/borderline dirty plays and not answer for it, leads to more injuries and violence than the regulating of fighting in the game ever will.



Maybe beside the point but, probably the easiest way to avoid it would have been if Thornton hadn't tripped and sucker punched Orpik.

Draft is online now  
Old
12-08-2013, 05:15 PM
  #269
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,749
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergytoMarshy617 View Post
The incident could have been avoided if a few things happened.

1. If the refs called a penalty on the Orpik hit on Eriksson

2. If Orpik manned up and dropped his gloved with Thornton the first time Thornton attempted to engage him.

3. If Neal hadn't kneed Marchand who was on the ground.

Now with that being said Thornton messed up big time. Yes, I like how he went after Orpik right after Neal kneed Marchy in the head, but there is never an excuse to hit a man when he's on the ground. Thornton knows that and should have never hit him as soon as he fell on the ice.

You guys have to understand Thornton has been under some pressure here in Boston. Fans have been on him for not 'enforcing' enough this season. Sometimes our emotions get the best of us and Thornton just lost it for a minute.

Now that's not an excuse and Thornton deserves to be suspended 3-5 games IMO..... But please, I do not want people to use this as an excuse to get fighting out of hockey. The fact that cowards like Orpik are allowed to do make dirty/borderline dirty plays and not answer for it, leads to more injuries and violence than the regulating of fighting in the game ever will.
thornton was doing his job well up to the point where he jabbed a guy on the ground. that's a no-no

in that game, the ultimate problem lies with the official.

and for what it's worth, i hated, absolutely hated what neal did, far more than what thornton did

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 05:16 PM
  #270
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticHab View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_9yl3Byhw

I think Roussel just got the best of Rinaldo and got him to snap. Then again I'm not sure what he did for Rinaldo to lose it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
bah, i don't have a huge problem with what rinaldo did. he tried to fight a guy that didn't want to fight and once roussel was down near the net, he stop punching. he got ejected and that's what the instigator is for
This is what the 5th time Rinaldo wails on someone while on the ground ? This puke needs to go.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 05:18 PM
  #271
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,399
vCash: 700
like a boss


Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 05:21 PM
  #272
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,191
vCash: 500
poor halak

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 05:23 PM
  #273
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
bah, i don't have a huge problem with what rinaldo did. he tried to fight a guy that didn't want to fight and once roussel was down near the net, he stop punching. he got ejected and that's what the instigator is for
actually, the only punch he gave was when Roussel was down, he stopped right away after that punch though.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
12-08-2013, 05:23 PM
  #274
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,863
vCash: 200
The only reason the guy died was because he turned just before I shot him, if he hadn't have moved the bullet would have just hit him in the arm. Therefore, I shouldn't be charged with homicide since it was his fault.

Habsawce is online now  
Old
12-08-2013, 05:24 PM
  #275
BergytoMarshy617
Registered User
 
BergytoMarshy617's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
The Bruins-Pens game was out of control from the get-go. From the drop of the puck on, guys were just laying each other out.... finishing checks well after the puck was off guys sticks, the way you would in a playoff game.

From my perspective it was great to watch and you could smell the blood in the air. It was very unfortunate that instead of fighting face to face like Lucic did early in the game and keeping the hard hitting clean. Marchy was kneed in the head, Eriksson got hit hard in a borderline dirty hit and Thornton mauled Orpik on the ground, instead of pounding him face to face.

BergytoMarshy617 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.