HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Heatley and Snider injured

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 04:08 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Heatley and Snider injured

I don't know if most of you are aware of this as it's been on the radio all morning. Apparently Dany Heatley and Daniel Snider of the thrashers were in a serious accident last night. There aren't a lot of details other than Heatley's Ferrari struck a median at a speed of around 80 mph. Snider's situation is listed as critical while Heatley has a broken jaw. I'm sure that there are more specific details out there but this is how I heard it in the Team990. Alcohol was not a factor as they were quick to point out.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:21 AM
Darz

Terrible news. Here's hoping for the best for those two.

Here's the tsn link:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=55659

Old
09-30-2003, 05:12 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Snyder, 25, was thrown from the vehicle, which was cut in half by the impact of the crash. He is in critical condition after undergoing surgery for a depressed skull fracture and a crushed portion of the skull.

That's far from a good.

Heatley, 22, is in stable condition with a broken jaw.

Considering Snyder's injury, Heatley was damn lucky.

Best of luck to the both of them and a full, spedy recovery.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:25 AM
Double XX L

A dark day for pro hockey today.

My thoughts go to Mr Snyder, and Mr Heatley, as I hope for a good healthy recovery.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:27 PM
Joe Maximum

When will athletes start to refuse appearing on the cover of EA sports games?... When will they learn of this curse ???

Old
09-30-2003, 02:34 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I don't know if most of you are aware of this as it's been on the radio all morning. Apparently Dany Heatley and Daniel Snider of the thrashers were in a serious accident last night. There aren't a lot of details other than Heatley's Ferrari struck a median at a speed of around 80 mph. Snider's situation is listed as critical while Heatley has a broken jaw. I'm sure that there are more specific details out there but this is how I heard it in the Team990. Alcohol was not a factor as they were quick to point out.
I saw a picture of the car on The Score....it`s cut in half scary ****. He hit the wall of a building aswell not a concrete median. Not just some serious accident, He`s being charged with about 4 different things right now....driving too fast...to fast for conditions...driving on wrong side of the raod....strinking a fixed object.

EDIT: I wrote he was drinking I thought that`s what I heard but double checked and as bud the spud pointed out he wasn`t apparently drinking.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:37 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
I saw a picture of the car on The Score....it`s cut in half scary ****. From what I heard Heatley was drinking and could spend 1 to 15 years in jail. He`s being charged with about 5 different offences. He hit the wall of a building aswell not a concrete median. Not just some serious accident, Dany Heatley is in alot of trouble.
I heard that alcohol was not a factor.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:48 PM
Joe Maximum

EA started using Athletes on their cover after nhl 1996. Let's take a quick look

John Vanbiesbrouck, NHL 97

Team collapses and starts slow descent after making stanley cup finals previous year

Peter Forsberg, NHL 98

After a decent regular season, Colorado is upset in the 1st round by the oilers, which is to be considered a failure considering the high expectations in colorado

Eric Lindros, NHL 99

2 first concussions of his career, collapsed lung, not to mention he never regained form since

Chris Pronger, NHL 2000

Seems to be the only exception to the rule, since he got MVP and norris honors that year

Owen Nolan, NHL 2001

Dissapointing 47 point effort after posting a great 44 goal season

Mario Lemieux, NHL 2002

Misses most of the season, sidelined with injuries.

Jarome Iginla, NHL 2003

Nagging groin injury slows down art ross winner, only regains form at midseason

Dany Heatley, NHL 2004

car crash....

Old
09-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud The Spud
I heard that alcohol was not a factor.
Yeah, from what I heard this morning he was drinking....but all the sites say he wasn`t. Sorry for the post I shoulda looked into it again before posting.

Old
09-30-2003, 03:10 PM
Duff88

Bob Hartley was interviewed by Claude Maihlot (Sp?) on CKAC at 19:30 and there was interesting things who were said. Hartley called McEachern this mourning at 4:00 and they then did a meeting with the players at 7:00 to announce the news. They then called the media and didn't do any practice.

Claude seemed like a jerk ( I usually liked the guy ) as he was like " Your team will miss Heatley "," let's talk about hockey "... every time Hartley started to talk aobut the human side of the accident.

The worst part was at the end of the interview, Claude says : " They were lucky in their bad luck... well this ain't a bad luck, they are the own reason of the accident while driving that fast... so they weren't lucky " ( Ils ont été chanceux dans leur malchance... en fait c'était pas une malchance puisque c'est eux qui ont roulé vite et qui ont causé l'accident... donc ils ont manqué de chance )

Old
09-30-2003, 06:24 PM
Maxhab

Well you got a 22 year old driving a Ferrari the fact hes gonna be speeding isnt suprising but it is disapointing that people never learn, news said he was going 80 in a 30 zone, Heatly should be fine but Snyder is in pretty bad shape.

Old
09-30-2003, 07:04 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Hopefully, they will better soon

Closed Thread