HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jason Spezza at a 4.0 cap hit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2013, 03:28 AM
  #101
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan
 
NickLidstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
lol this and this whole post is hilarious

Start a Kadri vs Spezza poll and let me know how that goes
Now I actually want to see this poll

NickLidstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:33 AM
  #102
Whizar
#KeepTheSenate
 
Whizar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: Belarus
Posts: 17,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Andrews View Post
Can someone explain to me why all of a sudden Ottawa fans want Spezza gone? Is Turris really that good or is Spezza playing bad? I'm just confused on why they want to get rid of their captain and number 1 centre just like that..
People are pissed at his lack of effort defensively. Guy just doesnt fit our system, he turns the puck over too much. Turris was lights out the first ten games and earned himself number 1 center status over spezza because his chemistry with Ryan. Spezza is a better player but a lot of fans see him as expendable because of the negatives in his game.

Whizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:38 AM
  #103
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesa Awesaka View Post
People are pissed at his lack of effort defensively. Guy just doesnt fit our system, he turns the puck over too much. Turris was lights out the first ten games and earned himself number 1 center status over spezza because his chemistry with Ryan. Spezza is a better player but a lot of fans see him as expendable because of the negatives in his game.

That's not it for me at all. For me, it's about capitalizing on an asset that Ottawa probably won't keep in 1.5 seasons time. If we can trade him and get a great return for him while the team is in the crapper, why not do it?

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:42 AM
  #104
Whizar
#KeepTheSenate
 
Whizar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: Belarus
Posts: 17,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
That's not it for me at all. For me, it's about capitalizing on an asset that Ottawa probably won't keep in 1.5 seasons time. If we can trade him and get a great return for him while the team is in the crapper, why not do it?
That too.lol but you cant deny its frustrating watching him play sometimes.

Whizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:43 AM
  #105
kule41
Registered User
 
kule41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 493
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
lol this and this whole post is hilarious

Start a Kadri vs Spezza poll and let me know how that goes
He already proved it with the stats total. He never said Kadri is the better player all he said that he has been playing better over the last two years and then he pro-rated the games to show that.

Wouldn't make sense for the leafs to trade Kadri++ for Spezza, we would lose too much to pry him out of Ottawa and still have one top 6 C.

kule41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:48 AM
  #106
SpaceCowboy
Registered User
 
SpaceCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 464
vCash: 500
Edler + Gaunce + 2nd Rd. Pick.

OR

Edler + 1st Rd Pick + 2nd Rd. Pick

OR

Kassian, Jensen, 1st Rd Pick, Mid tier prospect.

I would assume Ottawa would prefer Edler and if haggling were necessary we could probably work something out by adding Booth for cap, and Hansen (with a drop in pick) and getting a prospect or third liner back.

SpaceCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:53 AM
  #107
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,565
vCash: 934
eller + beaulieu + 1st for spezza + cowen
edit: actually we dont really need spezza, i just want cowen

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:54 AM
  #108
Ryp37
Registered User
 
Ryp37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kule41 View Post
He already proved it with the stats total. He never said Kadri is the better player all he said that he has been playing better over the last two years and then he pro-rated the games to show that.

Wouldn't make sense for the leafs to trade Kadri++ for Spezza, we would lose too much to pry him out of Ottawa and still have one top 6 C.
Very easy to say he played better the last 2 years when Spezza only played 5 games and Kadri the full 48, cherry picking numbers isn't a good way to look at it

Ryp37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:55 AM
  #109
Benjamin
Do A Proper Buildpls
 
Benjamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: /
Posts: 29,722
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
eller + beaulieu + 1st for spezza + cowen
Dont need Eller and that value is very far off,

Benjamin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 04:10 AM
  #110
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment
 
JustOneB4IDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Man Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I don't know who is available from the Blues, but the Sens would be interested in:

David Backes, TJ Oshie, Chris Stewart, Jaden Schwartz, Kevin Shattenkirk
Shatty and Stewart and a high pick for Spezza. Backes, Oshie and Schwartz are not going anywhere.


Last edited by JustOneB4IDie: 12-08-2013 at 06:15 AM.
JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 04:24 AM
  #111
kule41
Registered User
 
kule41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 493
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
Very easy to say he played better the last 2 years when Spezza only played 5 games and Kadri the full 48, cherry picking numbers isn't a good way to look at it
Even if you look at this year, Kadri and Spezza's point totals aren't that off. It wouldnt make sense to give up Kadri+ for Spezza. Don't get me wrong I think Spezza is a great player but I think its a step in the wrong direction for the leafs.

kule41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 09:10 AM
  #112
Myers888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nater97 View Post
Any deal would have to include Kadri or Rielly simply as a starting point. Then plus.
LOL. I wondered why Sens fans were "offerin" Spezza in a trade till I watched
him play last night. He was an absolute ghost on the ice. Is he injured or does he
not care??? Not the same player I used to know.

Myers888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 09:17 AM
  #113
Mapleleafs Fan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nater97 View Post
Any deal would have to include Kadri or Rielly simply as a starting point. Then plus.
I can understand it from sens POV, but leafs don't do Kadri+ or Rielly+ any day of the year. The reason is his cap hit. No way happening this deal if one of Lupul, Clarkson, Bozak is not involved.

Mapleleafs Fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 09:21 AM
  #114
Myers888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapleleafs Fan View Post
I can understand it from sens POV, but leafs don't do Kadri+ or Rielly+ any day of the year. The reason is his cap hit. No way happening this deal if one of Lupul, Clarkson, Bozak is not involved.
As a Sabres fan....Leafs should offer Bozak, Biggs, Franzen and their 1st. Nothing more.

Myers888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:33 AM
  #115
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan
 
NickLidstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
That's not it for me at all. For me, it's about capitalizing on an asset that Ottawa probably won't keep in 1.5 seasons time. If we can trade him and get a great return for him while the team is in the crapper, why not do it?
An asset we wont keep? Sorry but there's no way in hell that ottawa would let Spezza walk

NickLidstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:49 AM
  #116
Myers888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan40 View Post
An asset we wont keep? Sorry but there's no way in hell that ottawa would let Spezza walk
Alfredson either.

Myers888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:56 AM
  #117
WhiteLight*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16,082
vCash: 500
Someone should change the title cause there is no chance Ottawa retains salary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapleleafs Fan View Post
I can understand it from sens POV, but leafs don't do Kadri+ or Rielly+ any day of the year. The reason is his cap hit. No way happening this deal if one of Lupul, Clarkson, Bozak is not involved.
Is that really the only reason? Because Ottawa could do Bozak and Rielly for Spezza.

WhiteLight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:59 AM
  #118
officeglen
Registered User
 
officeglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Someone should change the title cause there is no chance Ottawa retains salary
Why not, it is still possible to retain salary and have a trade that reduces salary

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:02 AM
  #119
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan
 
NickLidstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myers888 View Post
Alfredson either.
Haha touché. Very good point but I think spezza is a different story. Alfie wanted to be on a team with a chance to win right now, the Sens arent that team. We also didn't want to pay 5 mil a season to an old man (or two of them, we got rid of Gonchar as well). Spezza, however, is willing to wait until we are a good team (1-2 years away) and has at least 8 years to try and win a cup. Completely different cases in my opinion.

NickLidstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:07 AM
  #120
WhiteLight*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
Why not, it is still possible to retain salary and have a trade that reduces salary
yes but Ottawa is broke.

WhiteLight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:16 AM
  #121
officeglen
Registered User
 
officeglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
yes but Ottawa is broke.
If they are broke, reducing salary would be a good thing

(example to illustrate, not trade proposal, the Sens trade Spezza at 50% retained to the Leafs for five 1st picks)

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:22 AM
  #122
WhiteLight*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
If they are broke, reducing salary would be a good thing

(example to illustrate, not trade proposal, the Sens trade Spezza at 50% retained to the Leafs for five 1st picks)
But if they can trade all of it, it would be better. They can't even afford to pay good players to play for them (Alfredsson), so they won't be paying someone to play for another team. Obviously.

This cap stuff is a non issue. If we wait until the deadline, the Leafs will probably have enough space, or the Sens will take an expiring salary dump

WhiteLight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:24 AM
  #123
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan
 
NickLidstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
But if they can trade all of it, it would be better. They can't even afford to pay good players to play for them (Alfredsson), so they won't be paying someone to play for another team. Obviously.

This cap stuff is a non issue. If we wait until the deadline, the Leafs will probably have enough space, or the Sens will take an expiring salary dump
except we would never trade to the leafs. Besides, I dont think we would ever trade spezza.

NickLidstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:27 AM
  #124
officeglen
Registered User
 
officeglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
But if they can trade all of it, it would be better.
it would be better, but you said "there is no chance Ottawa retains salary", wrong and no need to change thread idea or title

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:29 AM
  #125
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Someone should change the title cause there is no chance Ottawa retains salary



Is that really the only reason? Because Ottawa could do Bozak and Rielly for Spezza.
Maybe, but the Leafs won't. Nonis has stated repeatedly that he won't move youth for older players. Rielly us our best young defensive prospect on a team that clearly needs help on defense.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.