HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Bridgeport SoundTigers Discussion Part IV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-15-2013, 05:14 PM
  #51
Jester9881
Registered User
 
Jester9881's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 5,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
How about Nilsson and another prospect for Budaj ? He's better than any goalie we have.
Peter Budaj would be a lateral move at best from Nabokov.

Here's where you post his numbers this year as a backup, without looking at the times he attempted being a starter in this league.

Jester9881 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:39 PM
  #52
scott99
Registered User
 
scott99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Peter Budaj would be a lateral move at best from Nabokov.

Here's where you post his numbers this year as a backup, without looking at the times he attempted being a starter in this league.
7 years younger and much better at this point. Could easily get 4-5 years out of him as a starter.

scott99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:00 PM
  #53
rikker
Registered User
 
rikker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
How about Nilsson and another prospect for Budaj ? He's better than any goalie we have.
i would gamble on Budaj. he's hasn't had success as the go-to guy, but has been big in the backup role. i would gamble a mid round pick on him, 3rd at best. B prospect, maybe. nothing much. i would fell better with him between the pipes, than Poulin or Nilsson.

there is a chance that we catch lightning in a bottle, with him and Nabby sharing the load. time is running out though. luckily, we are in a weak division...

rikker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:01 PM
  #54
Jester9881
Registered User
 
Jester9881's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 5,351
vCash: 500
That's all subjective.... but I have the feeling that if Peter Budaj is our starting goaltender for the next five years, this team isn't going to be a heck of a lot better if at all.

Jester9881 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:17 PM
  #55
rikker
Registered User
 
rikker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,080
vCash: 500
i don't believe that Budaj is a long term solution, by any means. he is signed through next year, at $1.4, so it wouldn't be a long term commitment.

trading for Budaj is a very Snowish move, IMO. low risk. cheap. especially if he can get MTL to pay for 90% of Budaj's salary this year...

rikker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 10:56 AM
  #56
sebsisles
Registered User
 
sebsisles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: long island
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
jon sim released!

sebsisles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 11:03 AM
  #57
xECK29x
Moderator
 
xECK29x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Coram, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebsisles View Post
jon sim released!
The loosing stops!

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 11:21 AM
  #58
sebsisles
Registered User
 
sebsisles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: long island
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
The loosing stops!



hoorayyyy

sebsisles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 02:12 PM
  #59
Steve55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebsisles View Post
jon sim released!
Link?

If Jon Sim is indeed gone, I really hope Snow gives Trent Hunter a shot, since I don't believe Colin McDonald or Peter Regin is necessarily an upgrade over Hunter.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 02:15 PM
  #60
Steve55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,494
vCash: 500
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Dan-P...land/184/56493

As for some housekeeping news; the Islanders AHL affiliate; the Bridgeport Sound Tiger have released Jon Sim from his professional tryout. In fourteen games with the Sound Tigers, Sim collected two goals and two assists and was a minus five...

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 01:28 AM
  #61
StuDog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Dan-P...land/184/56493

As for some housekeeping news; the Islanders AHL affiliate; the Bridgeport Sound Tiger have released Jon Sim from his professional tryout. In fourteen games with the Sound Tigers, Sim collected two goals and two assists and was a minus five...
When does he replace Cappy?

StuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 10:26 AM
  #62
duster19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Dan-P...land/184/56493

As for some housekeeping news; the Islanders AHL affiliate; the Bridgeport Sound Tiger have released Jon Sim from his professional tryout. In fourteen games with the Sound Tigers, Sim collected two goals and two assists and was a minus five...

great sign

duster19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:00 PM
  #63
Degeneration Rex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
Tigers shut out Hartford 3-0, Nilsson, 33 saves, goals by Halmo,Bouchard and Lee.

Degeneration Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:24 PM
  #64
scott99
Registered User
 
scott99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Tigers shut out Hartford 3-0, Nilsson, 33 saves, goals by Halmo,Bouchard and Lee.
Lee having a nice season, as is Halmo. Cut Regin and bring up Lee ? Nice to see Nilsson get the shutout. It's always wonderful to beat the Rangers and have the baby Islanders beat the baby Rangers on the SAME night !

scott99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:30 AM
  #65
BigWorm
Registered User
 
BigWorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 316
vCash: 50
Anyone know what the deal with Pedan is? I thought he was considered day to day, but it's been a couple of months now.

BigWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 04:54 PM
  #66
Degeneration Rex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
Bridgeport beats Albany 4-3, goals by Persson, Quine, Halmo and Jackson.

Degeneration Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 08:59 PM
  #67
Sneekypete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Branford,Ct
Country: United States
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Ok its been a couple months now I will weigh in on Halmo, I had described him earlier as a poor mans Michael Haley but upon getting to see a lot more of him and him getting boatload more ice time, I notice he isn't often out of position even when throwing a hit, his shot is average , he goes hard to the net and works the corners pretty well. He sticks up for teammates and skates better than advertised. I think the res of this season and next year will show us what he offers. All in all I think at this point he can top out at Clutterbuck or bottom out at Haley

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 09:06 PM
  #68
PWJunior
Moderator
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Ok its been a couple months now I will weigh in on Halmo, I had described him earlier as a poor mans Michael Haley but upon getting to see a lot more of him and him getting boatload more ice time, I notice he isn't often out of position even when throwing a hit, his shot is average , he goes hard to the net and works the corners pretty well. He sticks up for teammates and skates better than advertised. I think the res of this season and next year will show us what he offers. All in all I think at this point he can top out at Clutterbuck or bottom out at Haley
That's good news about Halmo. He had a really good last Junior season and he made a name for himself when he destroyed Yakupov. I'd be happy with a Haley type, he's still worshipped by some around here.


PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 09:47 PM
  #69
Sneekypete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Branford,Ct
Country: United States
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
That's good news about Halmo. He had a really good last Junior season and he made a name for himself when he destroyed Yakupov. I'd be happy with a Haley type, he's still worshipped by some around here.

Haley may be the toughest middleweight fighter I have ever seen. I can see Halmo being the next Boyd Kane for people that don't know who he is , he banged around the AHL forever and was captain of almost every one. Halmo has leader qualities and we will see how he uses them in the future

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 12:43 PM
  #70
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders
 
PROMputt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Islip, LI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Haley may be the toughest middleweight fighter I have ever seen. I can see Halmo being the next Boyd Kane for people that don't know who he is , he banged around the AHL forever and was captain of almost every one. Halmo has leader qualities and we will see how he uses them in the future
With CMac's contract up after this year could you see Halmo taking his spot on the 4th line? Or is CMac worth re-signing as he would be a better option then Halmo(though Halmo would be cheaper and with Wanger and Snowjob that has to be considered).

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 05:46 PM
  #71
Degeneration Rex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
Portland 4, Bridgeport 2, goal by Lee and Bouchard.


Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 12-31-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Degeneration Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 04:39 AM
  #72
IslesNorway
Registered User
 
IslesNorway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMputt View Post
With CMac's contract up after this year could you see Halmo taking his spot on the 4th line? Or is CMac worth re-signing as he would be a better option then Halmo(though Halmo would be cheaper and with Wanger and Snowjob that has to be considered).
CMac has another year to go, but Halmo needs to continue to improve in order to make the NHL

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:21 AM
  #73
BillD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post
CMac has another year to go, but Halmo needs to continue to improve in order to make the NHL
Halmo's game needs to continue to develop but he is definitely trending 4th line NHL grinder/agitator with some finishing ability.
He is a smallish guy who plays much bigger than his size, just the kind of pit bull that tends to get under the skin of better players that line up against them. He is Mike Peca like as far as throwing the body, and if given the chance he can score. Opponents should not think that they can intimidate him or beat him up, he is pretty willing and handy with the dukes. It might be some real fun watching Halmo paired with Zeek and MM buzz and bang.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 02:55 PM
  #74
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders
 
PROMputt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Islip, LI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 450
66 penalty minutes, 2 Anders Lee goals and 3 fights after 1 period of Hartford vs Bridgeport!

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 02:59 PM
  #75
PWJunior
Moderator
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
Halmo's game needs to continue to develop but he is definitely trending 4th line NHL grinder/agitator with some finishing ability.
He is a smallish guy who plays much bigger than his size, just the kind of pit bull that tends to get under the skin of better players that line up against them. He is Mike Peca like as far as throwing the body, and if given the chance he can score. Opponents should not think that they can intimidate him or beat him up, he is pretty willing and handy with the dukes. It might be some real fun watching Halmo paired with Zeek and MM buzz and bang.
I guess CMac should start looking over his shoulder next training camp. We want to be a hard team to play against, Halmo could be a nice addition to up that factor.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.