HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Bridgeport SoundTigers Discussion Part IV

Old
12-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Jester9881

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
How about Nilsson and another prospect for Budaj ? He's better than any goalie we have.
Peter Budaj would be a lateral move at best from Nabokov.

Here's where you post his numbers this year as a backup, without looking at the times he attempted being a starter in this league.

Jester9881 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:39 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Peter Budaj would be a lateral move at best from Nabokov.

Here's where you post his numbers this year as a backup, without looking at the times he attempted being a starter in this league.
7 years younger and much better at this point. Could easily get 4-5 years out of him as a starter.

scott99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:00 PM
rikker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
How about Nilsson and another prospect for Budaj ? He's better than any goalie we have.
i would gamble on Budaj. he's hasn't had success as the go-to guy, but has been big in the backup role. i would gamble a mid round pick on him, 3rd at best. B prospect, maybe. nothing much. i would fell better with him between the pipes, than Poulin or Nilsson.

there is a chance that we catch lightning in a bottle, with him and Nabby sharing the load. time is running out though. luckily, we are in a weak division...

rikker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:01 PM
Jester9881

That's all subjective.... but I have the feeling that if Peter Budaj is our starting goaltender for the next five years, this team isn't going to be a heck of a lot better if at all.

Jester9881 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 08:17 PM
rikker

i don't believe that Budaj is a long term solution, by any means. he is signed through next year, at $1.4, so it wouldn't be a long term commitment.

trading for Budaj is a very Snowish move, IMO. low risk. cheap. especially if he can get MTL to pay for 90% of Budaj's salary this year...

rikker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 10:56 AM
sebsisles

jon sim released!

sebsisles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 11:03 AM
xECK29x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebsisles View Post
jon sim released!
The loosing stops!

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 11:21 AM
sebsisles

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
The loosing stops!

hoorayyyy

sebsisles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Steve55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebsisles View Post
jon sim released!
Link?

If Jon Sim is indeed gone, I really hope Snow gives Trent Hunter a shot, since I don't believe Colin McDonald or Peter Regin is necessarily an upgrade over Hunter.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Steve55

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Dan-P...land/184/56493

As for some housekeeping news; the Islanders AHL affiliate; the Bridgeport Sound Tiger have released Jon Sim from his professional tryout. In fourteen games with the Sound Tigers, Sim collected two goals and two assists and was a minus five...

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 01:28 AM
StuDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post

As for some housekeeping news; the Islanders AHL affiliate; the Bridgeport Sound Tiger have released Jon Sim from his professional tryout. In fourteen games with the Sound Tigers, Sim collected two goals and two assists and was a minus five...
When does he replace Cappy?

StuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 10:26 AM
duster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post

great sign

duster19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Degeneration Rex

Tigers shut out Hartford 3-0, Nilsson, 33 saves, goals by Halmo,Bouchard and Lee.

Degeneration Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:24 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Tigers shut out Hartford 3-0, Nilsson, 33 saves, goals by Halmo,Bouchard and Lee.
Lee having a nice season, as is Halmo. Cut Regin and bring up Lee ? Nice to see Nilsson get the shutout. It's always wonderful to beat the Rangers and have the baby Islanders beat the baby Rangers on the SAME night !

scott99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:30 AM
BigWorm

vCash: 50
Anyone know what the deal with Pedan is? I thought he was considered day to day, but it's been a couple of months now.

BigWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Degeneration Rex

Bridgeport beats Albany 4-3, goals by Persson, Quine, Halmo and Jackson.

Old
12-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Sneekypete

Ok its been a couple months now I will weigh in on Halmo, I had described him earlier as a poor mans Michael Haley but upon getting to see a lot more of him and him getting boatload more ice time, I notice he isn't often out of position even when throwing a hit, his shot is average , he goes hard to the net and works the corners pretty well. He sticks up for teammates and skates better than advertised. I think the res of this season and next year will show us what he offers. All in all I think at this point he can top out at Clutterbuck or bottom out at Haley

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 09:06 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Ok its been a couple months now I will weigh in on Halmo, I had described him earlier as a poor mans Michael Haley but upon getting to see a lot more of him and him getting boatload more ice time, I notice he isn't often out of position even when throwing a hit, his shot is average , he goes hard to the net and works the corners pretty well. He sticks up for teammates and skates better than advertised. I think the res of this season and next year will show us what he offers. All in all I think at this point he can top out at Clutterbuck or bottom out at Haley
That's good news about Halmo. He had a really good last Junior season and he made a name for himself when he destroyed Yakupov. I'd be happy with a Haley type, he's still worshipped by some around here.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
That's good news about Halmo. He had a really good last Junior season and he made a name for himself when he destroyed Yakupov. I'd be happy with a Haley type, he's still worshipped by some around here.

Haley may be the toughest middleweight fighter I have ever seen. I can see Halmo being the next Boyd Kane for people that don't know who he is , he banged around the AHL forever and was captain of almost every one. Halmo has leader qualities and we will see how he uses them in the future

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 12:43 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Haley may be the toughest middleweight fighter I have ever seen. I can see Halmo being the next Boyd Kane for people that don't know who he is , he banged around the AHL forever and was captain of almost every one. Halmo has leader qualities and we will see how he uses them in the future
With CMac's contract up after this year could you see Halmo taking his spot on the 4th line? Or is CMac worth re-signing as he would be a better option then Halmo(though Halmo would be cheaper and with Wanger and Snowjob that has to be considered).

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Degeneration Rex

Portland 4, Bridgeport 2, goal by Lee and Bouchard.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 12-31-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old
01-01-2014, 04:39 AM
IslesNorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMputt View Post
With CMac's contract up after this year could you see Halmo taking his spot on the 4th line? Or is CMac worth re-signing as he would be a better option then Halmo(though Halmo would be cheaper and with Wanger and Snowjob that has to be considered).
CMac has another year to go, but Halmo needs to continue to improve in order to make the NHL

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:21 AM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post
CMac has another year to go, but Halmo needs to continue to improve in order to make the NHL
Halmo's game needs to continue to develop but he is definitely trending 4th line NHL grinder/agitator with some finishing ability.
He is a smallish guy who plays much bigger than his size, just the kind of pit bull that tends to get under the skin of better players that line up against them. He is Mike Peca like as far as throwing the body, and if given the chance he can score. Opponents should not think that they can intimidate him or beat him up, he is pretty willing and handy with the dukes. It might be some real fun watching Halmo paired with Zeek and MM buzz and bang.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 02:55 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
66 penalty minutes, 2 Anders Lee goals and 3 fights after 1 period of Hartford vs Bridgeport!

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 02:59 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
Halmo's game needs to continue to develop but he is definitely trending 4th line NHL grinder/agitator with some finishing ability.
He is a smallish guy who plays much bigger than his size, just the kind of pit bull that tends to get under the skin of better players that line up against them. He is Mike Peca like as far as throwing the body, and if given the chance he can score. Opponents should not think that they can intimidate him or beat him up, he is pretty willing and handy with the dukes. It might be some real fun watching Halmo paired with Zeek and MM buzz and bang.
I guess CMac should start looking over his shoulder next training camp. We want to be a hard team to play against, Halmo could be a nice addition to up that factor.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote