HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Devils at Rangers 12/7/13

Old
12-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Black Aces

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Jesus Christ, let's just throw out everything he's done in his career to this point because he's had a bad quarter of a season.

Some of you guys...I wonder if you even were old enough to remember what Rangers hockey was like before the lockout.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Jesus Christ, let's just throw out everything he's done in his career to this point because he's had a bad quarter of a season.
He's had a habit of performing poorly in big games. Look up his playoff numbers.

Quote:
Some of you guys...I wonder if you even were old enough to remember what Rangers hockey was like before the lockout.
So I should settle for this trash because it's better than being the worst team in the league? You're right, I sure love being dog ****, because at least we're not elephant **** anymore.

greasch#4

Been a Ranger fan for almost all my life. Almost 40 years. This years team is just not fun to watch. Very frustrating team at the moment. AV shows no emotion or fire. The team follows suit. 2012 seems like 10 years ago. I hope things change but I wouldn't bet on it. Mediocrity in the weak east division in the worse conference is nothing to get excited about

greasch#4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Who knows, really? I thought the contract was supposed to be the reason for his inconsistent play. He did his best to earn that .833 SV% tonight, that's for sure.
I'm not sure either. I think people give him too much credit because he has been a top-3 goaltender virtually for the last eight years. It's possible that he might just be due for an off year, where by the end of the season, he is just average. People will hate me for saying it, but every star player has off years.

Although, I suppose his inconsistencies is better than what Callahan has brought to the table. He has been consistently bad

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Pastafazul*

y did staal leave game?????

Pastafazul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTruth View Post
Can someone please explain to me, what is Hank doing so special to receive $8m per year?
8.5M, actually.

This season so far? He hasn't earned it. His career? I'd say he has. He'll come back around. I think he should have given the team a discount, but his play will rebound. I'm sure of that.

Although I'd give Talbot more games right now due to Hank's inconsistency.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastafazul View Post
y did staal leave game?????
Ostensibly another concussion.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 09:26 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Not a good way to start the homestand. They blew a 2-0 lead, they stopped attacking.

To be honest, as average/inconsistent as Lundqvist has been, the defensive zone coverage late in games has been abysmal, especially with a lead.

John Moore has been poor this season. Marc Staal has been poor this season. MDZ has been poor this season. Girardi has been poor for most of the season. Falk is a nightmare.

It's quite amazing that this team is 15-14-1 with the start they had, an inconsistent Lundqvist and 80% of their blueline playing like hot garbage.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok14 View Post
Devils rookie Boucher shoulder To his jaw. Probably broken. He's pretty much done I feel... Sad really.
I don't know how it wasn't a penalty, was pretty dirty. Did any of this sack lacking team do anything about it? Nope.
I can't remember a less physical, mentally fragile group of Rangers , well , ever.
ugh. why arent more people talking about this...

this is terrible. his career is close to being finished. maybe his eyesight was hindering him. have to say though, Marc has been taking blow after blow over the years...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

I really think the War Room got it wrong on the Miller goal earlier in the year... recognized the problem and have fixed it... except that it's happened twice now against the Rangers.

There was no distinct kicking motion on that play, the Galchenyuk play or the Miller play. Just unfortunate.

Anyway... Rangers/Devils, so there's not much takeaway from these games, to me. Nice to see them tie it at the very end there. I was thinking during that powerplay, before they scored, that this is exactly the type of moments I've somehow expected the Rangers to tie it up over the last few years. I didn't have the same expectation tonight, but they surprised me.

Hey! We have an OT loss!

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
Yes, brilliant argument. One of my favorites around here.

"You should be thankful because at one point a long long time ago the Rangers were really really bad! You probably don't even remember! Do you even play hockey? Do you lift bro?"

Blueshirt Believer

I think some of you guys are being a little rough around the D corps and goaltending. The main issue with this team is lack of consistent offensive pressure. AV's system is predicated on keeping the puck in the O zone.

The forward lines are simply not cutting it at the moment. They still have time to figure it out. But, the Rangers would be wise to make some roster decisions before Christmas.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AKrangerfan

Quote:
8.5M, actually.

This season so far? He hasn't earned it. His career? I'd say he has. He'll come back around. I think he should have given the team a discount, but his play will rebound. I'm sure of that.

Although I'd give Talbot more games right now due to Hank's inconsistency.
8.5 average. next year its 11 million.

AKrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

The nhl.com headline for our game is "You Gelly?" for Eric Gelinas's goal...

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I'm not sure either. I think people give him too much credit because he has been a top-3 goaltender virtually for the last eight years. It's possible that he might just be due for an off year, where by the end of the season, he is just average. People will hate me for saying it, but every star player has off years.

Although, I suppose his inconsistencies is better than what Callahan has brought to the table. He has been consistently bad
While true, a true off year from a goalie hurts a hell of a lot more than an off year from another player. I'd take consistently above average play from him over elite one game and brutal another, though.

And yeah. Callahan has been pretty brutal most of the season.

Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
even just reading that this had to happen makes me sick...
What about that, Lundqvist had a great 3rd period in Buffalo, and was a big reason the team walked away with two points. It was one of his better periods this season. He came up with plenty of big saves to keep the Rangers in the lead.

Tonight was the opposite in the 3rd period. And he didn't even face many shots.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
ugh. why arent more people talking about this...

this is terrible. his career is close to being finished. maybe his eyesight was hindering him. have to say though, Marc has been taking blow after blow over the years...
dont speculate. you have no clue if that is the case

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrangerfan View Post
8.5 average. next year its 11 million.
Well, yeah, but the only thing that matters is the cap hit.

Old
Richter Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I don't understand how he can stand on his head in Buffalo, just a few days ago, and than put in this performance.
The fact that he even had to stand on his head in Buffalo should tell you all you need to know about this NYR team.

This year's Rangers have proved time and again that they are entirely mediocre.

Richter Scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 09:28 PM
mike14

Quote:

It was a disjointed nightmare with individual players doing well in patches but no cohesion or direction on or off the ice. Other than we now have a better goalie, it looked very similiar to this year

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverbAndDelay View Post
I remember competitive teams. I remember Exciting young players, even if we DIDN'T win a cup. I remember winning a president's trophy. I remember winning a god damned stanley cup.
Not speaking to you personally, but anyone who has watched as much hockey over the years as you have should recognize that good players have bad stretches of play, and even (GASP!) bad seasons. The notion that some posters here have of "Callahan sucks, Lundqvist sucks, trade all of them" is just nauseating.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ekani

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTruth View Post
Can someone please explain to me, what is Hank doing so special to receive $8m per year?
So far this season? Who knows, the Rangers as a whole are not playing well but god knows Hank isn't either.

Marty wins his last game ever @MSG will haunt me forever. What a joke of a game from the whole team after Zukes 2-0 goal.

Ekani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AKrangerfan

Quote:
Well, yeah, but the only thing that matters is the cap hit.
What matters is he is not playing like an 11 million dollar goalie

AKrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 09:29 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

There are few things in life I hate more than losing to the Devils.

At least they got a point.

12-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Yes, brilliant argument. One of my favorites around here.

"You should be thankful because at one point a long long time ago the Rangers were really really bad! You probably don't even remember! Do you even play hockey? Do you lift bro?"

It is a valid point when people want to trade ryan callahan and will criticize his game but not long ago jeff toms was on our first line