HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils at Rangers 12/7/13

Old
12-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Ragnarok14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
ugh. why arent more people talking about this...

this is terrible. his career is close to being finished. maybe his eyesight was hindering him. have to say though, Marc has been taking blow after blow over the years...
Yeah it's been oddly a non issue it seems... It proves in my minds eye that this group of guys doesn't really care. Of all the guys to take a cheap shot , you'd think it happening to Staal of all people would raise the ire of at least one Ranger! Nope. As limp wristed a group to ever disgrace the sweater.

Ragnarok14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
He was supposed to stay the course. Maybe get a top 10 pick. What a tragedy that would have been.

how was he going to get a top 10 pick with a top goaltender and jagr being an MVP candidate.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok14 View Post
Yeah it's been oddly a non issue it seems... It proves in my minds eye that this group of guys doesn't really care. Of all the guys to take a cheap shot , you'd think it happening to Staal of all people would raise the ire of at least one Ranger! Nope. As limp wristed a group to ever disgrace the sweater.
it wasn't a cheap shot

Old
12-07-2013, 10:49 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
There never was a rebuilding.
..Because of Hank and Jagr.

Everyone thought we would rebuild because Weeks was our starter and a down and out Jagr would be our offensive spark plug.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I agree. I'm not saying make a trade to make a trade, but a core piece has to be moved for something a team needs, a legitimate top-6 forward.

Move Staal for a top-6 forward. Move Girardi for a top-6 forward and prospect.

Something has to be done, because this is the definition of mediocrity, and the core isn't performing up to standards.
The older members of the core - Girardi, Callahan and Staal - are becoming potentially more expensive than what they are supposed to bring to the table. Callahan and Girardi could bring back two #1s and and two quality young players to surround the younger emerging core...or, you've added more assets to make a deal for the next a Tyler Seguin-type of deal becomes available.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ReverbAndDelay
In on the Kill Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
No problem with that opinion, the way you presented it. I personally don't subscribe to it, I'm willing to keep building with Hank, Cally, McD, Girardi, etc. But I understand where you're coming from.

Maybe I should just attribute it to being over-dramatic after a loss, but I can't stand the "Hank you ****ing suck" and "Cally is so worthless, trade him ASAP before we lose him for free" posts.
Again, I'm not saying I want these guys traded, but at this point, I do agree with the idea of a roster shake up, and if it were to be Cally or Girardi, I'd be sad to see them go, but it's hockey. Hell, i still wish we kept Zubov!

Let's be honest here, it's not working. We've had a consistency issue for quite some time, which was masked by a much more defensive system. I don't know about you, but I don't want to go back to Torts hockey. I want my cake and to be able to eat it too. High-octane hockey.

Maybe I've been watching too much of the Swedish and Finnish leagues lol

ReverbAndDelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mike14

Quote:
none of those young players were better than any of the core players drafted by us currently on the roster. Jagr got them to the 2nd round. What was sather supposed to do? dismantle the team?
not sign Shanahan/Gomez/Drury/Redden/Naslund etc for a start. Move Straka.Nylander/Jagr at some stage for assets instead of losing them for nothing and use the higher draft picks to keep building a young core to hopefully create a team that only needed those UFAs to push it over the edge.

Yeah, it become harder once Hank hit his stride, but it wouldn't have been impossible to keep with the youth movement and moving the 'placeholders' until we drafted some good players

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Kinda sucks that before his injury, Sauer was developing into a really good, sound, reliable defenseman.

Hate rehashing old **** but it makes you wonder why the group we see on the ice in 2013 is such a far cry from what we saw in early in 2011-12. I think Sauer's injury is a big part of that.

Shame.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I Am Classless

The success rates of rebuilding processes are much lower than people assume to be fair. I'd imagine Isles fans are sick of hearing the word by now.

I Am Classless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Richter Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok14 View Post
It was not a cheap shot. Stop with this crap. Sucks Staal got hurt, but the hit was just a clean, hard hit.

Richter Scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
how was he going to get a top 10 pick with a top goaltender and jagr being an MVP candidate.
For one, we should have sold high on Jagr and got a king's ransom in return.

Mandar

More concerning than anything in my opinion, is how poorly they perform on home ice.

They have the road record of a very successful team, and a home record of a very poor team.

Mandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
Pardon me for intruding but I have to say this :

It was a definite kick by Cam Janssen.

I'm not that much of a homer to say that the Rangers did get hosed there. To me, it was so blatantly obvious.

But I guess the ref there was taking lessons from the one who botched the Trapezoid-penalty call on Schneider the previous night.

The refs have been god-awful with calls lately and tonight was no exception. Where's the accountability? Bah.

Regardless, I can't wait for the Winter Classic. That's going to be a lot of fun.
Yesterday watching that I was thinking we play the Devils tomorrow and what if…and it's like pass the hose around. What's aggravating is we've been on the wrong end of 3 kicked in goals this year and if any one of them should have counted it was the one we scored as Steve Mason basically shot it into JT Miller's skates and it went back in his own net. It's not the refs on this it's the so called war room in Toronto. That it even is is Toronto is reason to raise an eyebrow AFAIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You hit the nail on the head with the first sentence.

Mentally weak.
'Mentally weak' is a pretty good short summary too. The Rangers were still ahead. They took a very bad break and found a way to lose. Maybe two players tonight played like they really, really wanted it--Zuccarello and McDonagh and McD got outmuscled by Jagr on the 2nd goal. Even so--apart from that no complaints for him.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
not sign Shanahan/Gomez/Drury/Redden/Naslund etc for a start. Move Straka.Nylander/Jagr at some stage for assets instead of losing them for nothing and use the higher draft picks to keep building a young core to hopefully create a team that only needed those UFAs to push it over the edge.

Yeah, it become harder once Hank hit his stride, but it wouldn't have been impossible to keep with the youth movement and moving the 'placeholders' until we drafted some good players
it would have gone over real well for this team to make the playoffs for the first time in the darkest 7 years in history. Then immediately sell off Jagr/nylander/straka. Give me a break. Meanwhile hank is sitting there with no team waiting 5 years for one guy we drafted to crack the lineup.

Old
12-07-2013, 10:53 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagel Bites View Post
The success rates of rebuilding processes are much lower than people assume to be fair. I'd imagine Isles fans are sick of hearing the word by now.
The success rate of the NYR has been about as low as you can get unless you want to count the trip to the ECF. Trying a proper rebuild wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If it doesn't work we are really in no different position than we have been since 1998

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

0 for 4 kicked in goals this year

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
For one, we should have sold high on Jagr and got a king's ransom in return.
completely unrealistic to trade him after 2006 or 2007

also, how many of the superstar trades return equal value?

Old
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
They won't trade him. You and I both know that.

Two huge, weak goals by Hank tonight. Hope Talbot gets the next game.
I'm assuming you mean the third and fourth goals? I agree. But Moore and Callahan didn't help the situations.

12-07-2013, 10:54 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

This core isn't good enough to win the cup. Staal, Girardi, and/or Callahan should be dealt if the return is good enough.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 243
Callahan is garbage.

J. Moore is garbage.

Toronto is garbage.

Half this team is garbage.

Just. Ugh. I don't give a **** we got a point, a winnable game that these ****ing morons let slip.

Mediocre ****s.

Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
The success rate of the NYR has been about as low as you can get unless you want to count the trip to the ECF. Trying a proper rebuild wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If it doesn't work we are really in no different position than we have been since 1998
how are the top 10 picks working for the oilers?

Old
12-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
The Oilers are the exception, not the rule. And that's mostly due to management that makes even Sather look like a genius.

Just about every other team who drafts high starts climbing the standings.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Cam Janssen all but admitted he kicked the puck in after the game.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Cam Janssen all but admitted he kicked the puck in after the game.
All that needs to be said...

Thanks a lot, bunch of retarded zebras

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 10:57 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
They've been only drafting O. They need D and a goalie.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote