HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Oilers totally Oilers themselves. 2-1 Flames.

Old
12-08-2013, 12:19 AM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
DD did not have a great game , he was hardly tested. Calgary just showed up and the Oil as usual didn't
He made several great saves. I have no idea what brand of Haterade you're drinking, but it must be strong. He had a great game, and kept us in that one for sure.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Del McPreston

vCash: 0
Highlights of the goals are here: http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2013020447

On the OT winner, skip to 37 seconds and watch J.Schultz work his magic. Takes him forever to realize that he's supposed to be covering the guy standing directly behind him and then forever to start making his way over. Marincin deserves some blame too, though if Schultz simply ties up Hudler instead of ****ing puck watching again, the Oilers aren't in trouble.

Why you would put J.Schultz out there with a rookie to begin with is beyond me.

Del McPreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Hugo McStiglitz
5-14-6-1

vCash: 116
Yeah, Schultz can grab some bench. Too bad that won't happen.

Hugo McStiglitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:21 AM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
Highlights of the goals are here: http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2013020447

On the OT winner, skip to 37 seconds and watch J.Schultz work his magic. Takes him forever to realize that he's supposed to be covering the guy standing directly behind him and then forever to start making his way over. Marincin deserves some blame too, though if Schultz simply ties up Hudler instead of ****ing puck watching again, the Oilers aren't in trouble.

Why you would put J.Schultz out there with a rookie to begin with is beyond me.
Marincin had a calm game outside of a few mistakes, and is very great in the offensive zone.

That being said, no ****ing coach in the ****ing NHL would have put Marincin out there. Not a ****ing one.

Old
12-08-2013, 12:24 AM
The Bored Man
5-14-6-1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
Marincin had a calm game outside of a few mistakes, and is very great in the offensive zone.

That being said, no ****ing coach in the ****ing NHL would have put Marincin out there. Not a ****ing one.
Additionally, no ****ing GM in the ****ing NHL would need to have Marincin on the NHL roster.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gobo
Stop looking Gare

You know how the Sabres have the speed skating meme?

That pass making it through 3 guys to Hudler should be ours. Would represent this season well

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post

Agreed. I know Petry was out but better bench management seems to be in order in those situations.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hugo McStiglitz
5-14-6-1

vCash: 116
And jebus- I hope Petry is ok. A couple of notches down from the Pacioretty/Chara incident a couple years ago.

Hugo McStiglitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:25 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 360
I just don't get it. How does a team obliterate the Avs then lose to the flames.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MetaOil1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixed to Ruin View Post
Agreed. I know Petry was out but better bench management seems to be in order in those situations.
Don't worry we have Grebeshkov and Potter for "depth".

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Philly85
Raps'

I thought they were playing shinny tonight, sloppy shinny at that. Maybe that's being a bit harsh but overall, despite the few spurts, I didn't think they played that well. What is up with that ****ing power play?

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Mcnofool6110
Purcell is **3

We need to trade Yakupov. Not because we have space or whatever (because we don't because we're losing Hemsky and we'll have a hole on the right side and seriously, Hemsky was pretty bad too), but because he is literally bringing nothing to this team.

Omark was more noticeable than this. On both ****ing sides of the ****ing puck.

And Nugent-Hopkins?! #1 C?! ?! Powerplay god?
... ?!?!?

One of Gagner's worst outings in an Oilers uniform. Nothing positive tonight for him. Unmentioned, but his "replacement", Arcobello? Probably just as invisible, if not more invisible.

Larsen was bad, Marincin was bad, Petry was knocked out, Ference was goats on the first goal, Nick Schultz had jump and Justin Schultz could've buried three or four chances (abysmal on the back end). Didn't we have a Russian guy who was Mr. Steady on the back end?

Wish we could call him up from whatever abyss we sent him to. Wait, actually, don't. Let him stay there, leave next year and join an organization where he can become a great NHL'er because this organization takes diamonds and turns them into zircon.

Hall and Perron give me faith on the 2 LW slots. nobody giving me faith down the middle. Eberle was ****** today, but he's the most consistent (in my eyes) of the group on the RW - and Yakupov falling down to earth like he got sky punched.

Mcnofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaoil1993 View Post
don't worry we have grebeshkov and potter for "depth".
yay!

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Spawn

Perron seems like a really smart kid. Players on this team need to listen to him.

What a godsend that he got to develop in that St. Louis system. Is there some sort of... lending system that we can do with them? They can have every 2nd first rounder if they develop the other one for us for a few years?

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:28 AM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
Additionally, no ****ing GM in the ****ing NHL would need to have Marincin on the NHL roster.
I might be in the minority, but I like Marincin up here right now. It's not a great atmosphere, but he's getting sheltered minutes and IMO he's handling them very well. Gaffs are expected, but for the most part he's playing quite well back there.

Should he be out there during OT? No. IMO, however, he fits on the bottom pairing right now. If he struggles, and it's blatantly obvious, then send him down, but right now, I'm okay with it.

Old
12-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Gobo
Stop looking Gare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
We need to trade Yakupov. Not because we have space or whatever (because we don't because we're losing Hemsky and we'll have a hole on the right side and seriously, Hemsky was pretty bad too), but because he is literally bringing nothing to this team.

Omark was more noticeable than this. On both ****ing sides of the ****ing puck.

The Flames didn't get a shot on net with Yak on the ice. How the **** do you blame him?

Old
12-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Perron seems like a really smart kid. Players on this team need to listen to him.

What a godsend that he got to develop in that St. Louis system. Is there some sort of... lending system that we can do with them? They can have every 2nd first rounder if they develop the other one for us for a few years?
Eakins needs to bench anyone on the team for a few shifts who throw blind passes blind drop passes and toe drags, this has got to be removed from this team.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Mcnofool6110
Purcell is **3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post

The Flames didn't get a shot on net with Yak on the ice. How the **** do you blame him?
I... dunno, Gobo. Maybe I just need a scapegoat, and I've bought the Kool-Aid too high or whatever, but for a "dynamic scoring threat", he was pretty damn ordinary all night. On the power-play, his calling card, he was useless. 5 on 5, invisible. Sure they didn't get a shot off on him or whatever, but you're kidding yourself if you say he helped us "tie" the game. That was all Perron, all Hall, and basically, all in spite of Gagner and co.

Old
12-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Gobo
Stop looking Gare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
I... dunno, Gobo. Maybe I just need a scapegoat, and I've bought the Kool-Aid too high or whatever, but for a "dynamic scoring threat", he was pretty damn ordinary all night. On the power-play, his calling card, he was useless. 5 on 5, invisible. Sure they didn't get a shot off on him or whatever, but you're kidding yourself if you say he helped us "tie" the game. That was all Perron, all Hall, and basically, all in spite of Gagner and co.
Oh I didn't mean to say he was good by any means. Just that he wasn't a liability.

Old
12-08-2013, 12:51 AM
Mcnofool6110
Purcell is **3

Quote:
Oh I didn't mean to say he was good by any means. Just that he wasn't a liability.
At this stage in Yakupov's career, should I only be expecting "not a liability"? Maybe that's the evaluative question I should be asking myself and Oilers fans should be asking their team. We've seen Hall step in and be monstrous, RNH to a lesser extent, and were we wrong for doing the same on Yakupov?

Because, although he's still a rookie, he's not really showing any signs of life. And that's a cause for concern.

Old
12-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Replacement
Checked out

Quote:
Schultz/Ebs/Nuge all need a benching soon here. My god, they're so ****ing inconsistent
Just lol awful play by all 3 on the winning goal.

jebus

Whatever happened to Nuges supposed own zone play? He's been horrible in own zone this year.

Calgary blocks 25 shots tonight and Nuge and Schultz play keystone cops both letting a puck squib through them allowing the wide open winning goal. This occurring after chasing around the entire shift and looking disorganized the whole time.

Really all the kids were awful tonight. Good thing we have Perron who is night and day better than any of them.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:53 AM
cpnfantstk
U Jelly for #97

Yakupov doesn't know what he is doing. He still looks lost out there. Bobbling Schultz was horrid tonight. I like Larsen but he ****** up a few times tonight. Ference..karma is a *****.

cpnfantstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Replacement
Checked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnfantstk View Post
Yakupov doesn't know what he is doing. He still looks lost out there. Bobbling Schultz was horrid tonight. I like Larsen but he ****** up a few times tonight. Ference..karma is a *****.
Larsen is going to be a high risk high reward type player some of the time but I don't get all the criticism. I thought he was flying out there and more dangerous than any of our forwards.

So many Oilers played a tentative game moving puck up ice whereas Larsen was barreling down the ice when he got a chance. We really weren't pushing a tempo high speed passing game enough. Calgary cheats a fair amount in coverage and not making them pay with our speed.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 12:57 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 360
i want to see the team just do toe drags all game...it should be mandatory one per shift or you get benched

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 01:00 AM
dss97

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnfantstk View Post
QFT.

All the skill/athleticism in the world, but he has zero ability to anticipate plays. Hopefully it comes with time.

dss97 is offline   Reply With Quote