HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone going to Flyers/Leafs in Toronto March 8th?

Old
12-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Eastburn1224

vCash: 500
Anyone going to Flyers/Leafs in Toronto March 8th?

A group of friends and I are heading up Toronto for a bachelor party that weekend. Some of us may attend the game but not all of us. Fora majority of the guys going this will be their first trip north of the border. For those who are familiar with the area, where are the good restaurants to eat at, and most importantly which are the hotspots for nightlife. Which area of the city would most centralized? We want to avoid taking multiple taxis if at all possible.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks, Bill

Eastburn1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 08:29 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
You're best to ask this in the Leafs board. They probably have a stickie

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 09:40 AM
MsWoof

The ACC is on the subway line and there is a GO train station there as well. Do you know where you're staying yet?

There are tons of places to eat/drink in the area of the arena, it's right downtown so just walk around and find one. I hardly ever get downtown anymore but I usually meet up with my friend and then we walk along Front Street till we find something we like. I would just suggest you get there early as it's always busy.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

vCash: 50
What kind of Nightlife are we talking about? Pubs? Titty Bars? Da Clubs? You might be better served by browsing a site like www.blogto.com. No shortage of "Best of Toronto lists" on that site. It's been my experience that most Leaf fans on these boards live in the 'Burbs and not Toronto proper and don't have a clue what the City has to offer.

Hotel & Pints
Irish Embassy & Pints
For Your Eyes Only & Pints
Oster Boy & Pints
ACC & Pints
Zanzibar & Pints.

Depending on your hotel, the rest are within a 10-15 block Radius of each other.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 06:29 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

go to the Brass Rail!

Old
12-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

vCash: 50
There's loads of Flyers fans in TO so there should be a couple thousand in the crowd. There's a few iconic bars to visit. Loose Moose is a spot some players frequent after games. Yukon listed some key spots. Or cab it to the distillery district for a great spot to drink and eat. If you plan to go to a club, most require dress shoes so pack them.

The ACC is right attached under ground to Union station the city's major transit hub so you can get anywhere from there but there's enough to do within walking distance. You can make your way to Yonge Street and just walk up it and find just about everything you want.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Bryzard of Oz

Real Sports Bar, right across from the ACC is pretty epic on the sports bar scale. You could also pay their mayor a visit at the Bier Market...

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 06:33 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz View Post
Real Sports Bar, right across from the ACC is pretty epic on the sports bar scale. You could also pay their mayor a visit at the Bier Market...
The Real Sports bar will probably be packed

Bier Markt is good times too

Old
12-09-2013, 09:43 PM
orangecrush8

Real Sports requires a reservation pretty far in advance on game nights, more so on a Saturday. Bier Markt is pretty good. Bar Hop is also quite popular. And for a "chain", the Earls on King is surprisingly good as well.

I'd personally recommend doing the Steamwhistle Brewery tour before the game. Just a 5 minute walk from the ACC.

orangecrush8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 10:26 AM
thejinx13
Flyerfan in Toronto

TO visit

Bill,

All the above advice is sound! I'm a Flyers fan living west of Toronto, in a suburb of Brampton, home of Tyler Seguin, Rick Nash, Sean Monahan, and Kris Newbury.

Don't forget to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame (hung over) at the foot of Yonge Street and Front Street before you head back. Its across the street from Union Station.

FYI Real Sports Bar is massive and packed, but its owned by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, so if you feel like giving the Leafs more money, go there.

Yukon Cornelius had the list you'll need start your research there.

I'll add this:

Looking for nightclubs within walking distance of the ACC, there's the Guverment (not sure if its still relevant, but its huge and it has DJ's and is also a concert venue). Check their event calendar to see if its your taste.

Derek

thejinx13 is offline   Reply With Quote