HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Graf VS New Bauers

Old
12-08-2013, 12:35 AM
goodsauce

vCash: 500
Graf VS New Bauers

Hey guys, I am just looking for some feedback on who likes what and why.

I currently have some Graf Supra 735's, the ones with silver on them. I got them for 50 bucks at a garage sale and have used them all three years of Midget and one year of junior. Needless to say, they are a bit banged up as they were already used and I put them through even more.

I kind of noticed that the boot was a little weak and I have heard that Bauer Supreme one.7 skates offer some pretty solid and stiff boots. So I went in and tried some on and they were stiff and I loved them, but some pressure points on the inside of my foot right below my ankle.

So the question is, will this pressure point go away as I break them in, or should I stick with some new Grafs and sacrifice the stiffer boot?

Thanks Guys,

GS

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 01:53 AM
SacredPetra

I don't know what it's like compared to the Bauers, but I believe the Graf Ultra G35 (I believe that's the model) can be ordered with an extra stiff boot. I'm not 100% certain this is correct, but I read something about that when I was browsing their website last week.

SacredPetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:17 AM
thevil
Lets go Aves?

You won't be able to break in a used-used skate. It's already as broken in as it will ever be. So I'd say just go for the new skate entirely...

thevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 08:26 AM
jsykes

Go try on a new 735 and judge the stiffness. It will not be quite as stiff as the Supreme, however, it will be a lot stiffer than the old used 735.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote