HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hartnell, Scott

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2005, 11:47 PM
vopatsrash

vCash: 500
Hartnell, Scott

so, i was looking at some stats and forgot how well Scott Hartnell did in the last season. he was on pace for 25 goals had he played a full season.

Here's my question: What is his ceiling?

Are we seeing the best of Scott Hartnell right now where he kind of settles into a rich man's Orszagh of solid play and a reliable 18-20 goals per season and that's it?

Or, and not to say he'll ever be at the level of a Bertuzzi, which would be laughable, is he due for a poor man's Bertuzzi-like awakening where he can be counted on for 30+ goals a year?

He's still only 23 and if he has another gear in him i think he could hit 30 goals a year for a few years. My expectation has always been 2nd to 3rd liner that would garbage goal about 15-18 goals a year and do a lot of valuable dirty work. Maybe I should raise that expectation.

Btw, i think I forgot to post this, but last Friday Hartnell was interviewed on local radio and he said that while the competition in Norway wasn't what he would have liked to be playing against, he was able to really work on his shooting and skating a lot b/c he had a much more offensive role than he plays here. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but perhaps he'll be able to apply that and come out with a big offensive season.

Old
07-29-2005, 12:02 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Everyone knows(most everyone) that the Bull is by far my favorite Predator...and possibly my favorite player in the league. However, bias aside...I think that Hartnell bears an eerie resemblance to Shane Doan. The thing is...he's better than Doan was at the same age...so I think that IF he can stay healthy\keep his head clear...Hartnell could easily be a 25-30 goal scorer. He's got the physical game...but he's got a surprising nose for the net as well.

On that note...I scored a BRAND NEW Hartnell away-white jersey off Ebay...50 bucks, tags still on it

Old
07-29-2005, 09:43 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 1900
Im just afraid that one more good shot to the noggin will end him.

Closed Thread