HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Al Murray will be on with Hacksaw today at 6:30

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Al Murray will be on with Hacksaw today at 6:30

on 570am

From LAKings.com

Quote:
AL MURRAY ON XTRA SPORTS 570 TONIGHT - Kings Director of Amateur Scouting Al Murray will be the special guest of Lee "Hacksaw" Hamilton this evening at 6:30 p.m. on XTRA Sports 570

Old
07-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

vCash: 500
For the love of god will somebody please call into Hacksaw's show and ask about Frolov so maybe that numbskull will ask Al Murray about his contract status? Maybe he'll know.

Last edited by Beauty, eh?: 07-28-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old
07-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Al Murray won't know. He works from his home in Canada and is busy getting ready for the draft

Knowing Hacksaw this was taped a few days ago

Old
07-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Well, that was boring. To summarize:

Blah, blah. Crosby's great. Pittsburgh lucky to have him. Blah, blah. Felt if they could finish in the top 15, they would get a good player. Blah, blah. Feels Crosby, Johnson, Pouliot, Brule, Ryan, Kopitar are the half dozen the Kings won't have a chance at 11.

Old
07-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Belanger25
The Iceman!

Hacksaw's Interviews are horrible. They are just boring obvious thing.

Old
07-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam

Blah, blah. Crosby's great. Pittsburgh lucky to have him. Blah, blah. Felt if they could finish in the top 15, they would get a good player. Blah, blah. Feels Crosby, Johnson, Pouliot, Brule, Ryan, Kopitar among the half dozen the Kings won't have a chance at 11.
Hey Hacksaw how about asking about players the Kings could get. ****wad.

Old
07-28-2005, 08:49 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Hey Hacksaw how about asking about players the Kings could get. ****wad.
Seriously!

It sounded like he was getting there, but Al Murray ended up giving a thesis on every player in the top six. Total D*CK WAD OR ***** WAD, which ever one you picked!

Hacksaw is an absolute waste!

Old
07-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Guys. It's hockey coverage in July.

Old
07-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Seriously!

It sounded like he was getting there, but Al Murray ended up giving a thesis on every player in the top six. Total D*CK WAD OR ***** WAD, which ever one you picked!

Hacksaw is an absolute waste!
I hate how he builds you up thinking you might actually get some useful information and then hands you a piece of *****.

Old
07-28-2005, 09:01 PM
McSorley 33

I think we feel your pain, but sadly he's all we have!

Old
07-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Captain Ron

Next time he should interview Andy Murray and ask him if he thinks the Penguins will have a shot at the playoffs this season.

Old
07-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Cropduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Guys. It's hockey coverage in July.
No kidding. I think Hacksaw has been more than fair in his hockey talk in the past week. The guy actually likes the game. Thats more than we can say for Jime Rome, Lee Klein, or the Loose Canons.

Old
07-29-2005, 12:13 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I think Hacksaw shouldn't be disrespected like this just because you guys dont like his interviews. What did you expect? Al Murray to predict who the Kings will draft? I don't want clubs to have any idea of who we might be taking with the 11th pick on Saturday.

Old
07-29-2005, 12:33 AM
dafranchz

I pesonally think that Kingjohns should co-host a once a week, one hour slot with Hacksaw. That way he can get the big interviews you want and you could all use him to get your questions answered.

Old
07-29-2005, 12:35 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dahlia
I pesonally think that Kingjohns should co-host a once a week, one hour slot with Hacksaw. That way he can get the big interviews you want and you could all use him to get your questions answered.
As long as I can be the loudmouth guy in the background. Kinda like Arty on Howard Stern.

Old
07-29-2005, 12:35 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dahlia
I agrre completely.....How can we make this happen?

Old
07-29-2005, 12:53 AM
dafranchz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
I agrre completely.....How can we make this happen?

I say we just try to...ummm, let's pimp him to the Hackman!

Old
07-29-2005, 01:04 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

I appreciate Hacksaw's effort to cover hockey...rather bold move in my oppinion...however...the things he throws out there all the time just frustrate me to death....it seems like he has no idea how sports franchises operate...i mean i'm sure he knows more than me...but often times i think radio show hosts are only hired because they're good at arguing their points rather than truly knowing deeply about sports.....

how many times have we heard rumors like...."the Kings will trade prospects Grebeshkov and Tambs for Tony Amonte! I think they should do it!" Hacksaw always throws out great topics to discuss but then often destroy them with his views on them...

Old
07-29-2005, 01:07 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

also...the bertuzzi talk yesterday was killing me becuase it really shows how little many Duck fans know about hockey...

they all agreed they didnt want a guy like Bertuzzi on their taem becuase of what he did to moore...i'm not condoning what Bertuzzi did, but prior to the moore incident, getting bertuzzi on your team was unthinkable..those fans obviously have not seen him play or just dont know how a guy like him can dominate a game

Old
07-29-2005, 01:08 PM
dafranchz

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
I appreciate Hacksaw's effort to cover hockey...rather bold move in my oppinion...however...the things he throws out there all the time just frustrate me to death....it seems like he has no idea how sports franchises operate...i mean i'm sure he knows more than me...but often times i think radio show hosts are only hired because they're good at arguing their points rather than truly knowing deeply about sports.....

how many times have we heard rumors like...."the Kings will trade prospects Grebeshkov and Tambs for Tony Amonte! I think they should do it!" Hacksaw always throws out great topics to discuss but then often destroy them with his views on them...
I don't listen to him. No real reason why, I just don't listen to much radio anyways. But from what you're saying...it's like he's just trying to generate calls by throwing out some pretty wacky stuff. Callers is a big selling point from marketing standpoint.

Old
07-30-2005, 01:13 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:

Blah, blah. Crosby's great. Pittsburgh lucky to have him. Blah, blah. Felt if they could finish in the top 15, they would get a good player. Blah, blah. Feels Crosby, Johnson, Pouliot, Brule, Ryan, Kopitar are the half dozen the Kings won't have a chance at 11.
wow, impressive. its fairly obvious where kopitar was on murray's list. im sure they were dancing in their panies when they had to choose between staal and kopitar. it also seems pretty apparent that the top 6 is where he felt a plateau of skill dropped. seems as though he saw everything after 7 - 11 spot to be interchangeable. don't know much about kopitar, but seems like a very good pick

Closed Thread