HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers interested in Sean Couturier

Old
12-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Brewster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot View Post

-Justin Schultz

-Sean Couturier
Lol Philly gets bent over big time on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I'm interested in Mila Kunis.

Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Chacal667

yakupov + for couturier ?

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 09:57 PM
SJSharks39

Couturier is one of those players that if they become available almost every team in the league should be calling. He is a great young player. It's like saying "Oilers interested in Sidney Crosby." Well every team is interested in Crosby, doesn't mean the Pens are going to trade him. While Couturier is not in the same level at all as Crosby, he's still a good young player.

SJSharks39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharks39 View Post
Couturier is one of those players that if they become available almost every team in the league should be calling. He is a great young player. It's like saying "Oilers interested in Sidney Crosby." Well every team is interested in Crosby, doesn't mean the Pens are going to trade him. While Couturier is not in the same level at all as Crosby, he's still a good young player.
the fact is that 0 team have what it need in a trade to acquire crosby but couturier...

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:11 PM
rockinghockey

Cout is a good player but PHI fans are over valuing him by a lot

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:12 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Has Schultz' value really fallen?

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Trade for Couturier + turn him into a D = Success!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:29 PM
phlocky

Coots is playing with a lot of confidence right now. He's also playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder and really using his size to his advantage. He's really becoming an excellent all around player.

What many are missing is that a large part of his "blossoming" offensively is because of his wingers. Both are also good to very good defensively and they play good all around hockey. Read has a really good scoring touch and Downie plays physical and works the corners well. It's a perfectly composed line. It is SO much better having Downie on his line as opposed to that retard Rinaldo. Downie can actually play hockey instead of just running around like a chicken with its head cut off looking for a hit like Rinaldo does.

Anyways, I can't see any scenario where the Flyers would move Coots for a package of players or picks. He's finally developing into the player we all expected him to become and there's no indication that management sees him as an asset they would move. Of course if someone were to offer us some stupidity great trade, we'd have to take it (like Hall straight up, duh). While Coots is looking like he'll be great, I just can't see another team paying the price necessary to pry him out of Philly.

Just to let you know, it would be tough to trade him straight up for someone like Seth Jones (though Nashville would likely never do it either). Coots is just that important to our team.

He may not be as gifted offensively as the others but Coots may end up being the best player from his draft class. Any team adding him to their team would instantly be making their team much better (not accounting for what they'd have to give up to get Coots).

If I were the Oilers, I'd be offering Yak straight up for him but as Philly, I turn it down.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Cool Hand Goof*

Quote:

-Justin Schultz

-Sean Couturier
terrible

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:35 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Has Schultz' value really fallen?
Not really. He's just struggling defensively, so people are starting to turn on him

12-08-2013, 10:38 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Wasn't Philly one of the teams Schultz turned down to burn Anaheim and hop over to the Oilers? You can't start with him.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:41 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Um, I don't think that's true. He's starting to put it ALL together and the truth is that he's just more important to our team than anything we would get back in a"package" for him. No team would really be willing to make us a "can't refuse" type of offer nor should they.

It comes down to, as is so often the case with players, that he is more important to our team than what a team would realistically be willing to pay for him. Is he worth Hall? Lol, not a chance. However Klefblom plus a first may be "fair" value for him but it's not a trade the Flyers would make because Coots is just too important to our team.

It's like we could put together a "fair market value" package deal for Yak based on what he's done this year but it's unlikely the Oilers would accept such a trade. They'd be better off being patient with him and end up with a real impact player. Does that mean Oiler fans over value Yak because they don't want to accept a package of players and picks that is fair right now? No, it simply means thatit is better for them to wait on Yak to ddevelop than to trade him for lesser pieces right now.

Last edited by phlocky: 12-08-2013 at 10:48 PM.
phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:43 PM
LetsGoFlames
McDavid-2015

I just don't think these two teams make very good dance partners at this time, unless they go really big. Couts, Simmonds and Meszaros for something around J.Schultz, Eberle and a (1st or 2nd) pick? Can't see it happening. Both need D first and foremost don't they?

LetsGoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:47 PM
LetsGoFlames
McDavid-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Wasn't Philly one of the teams Schultz turned down to burn Anaheim and hop over to the Oilers? You can't start with him.
Does he have a NTC on his entry level deal?

LetsGoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:54 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:

-Justin Schultz

-Sean Couturier
Schultz has no idea what to do in the defensive zone, his value is probably at an all time low

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

vCash: 592
Quote:

Blake Lively myself.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:57 PM
sailorjerry96

This just in from Eklund. Every team is interested in any player that fits there needs.

sailorjerry96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Garbage Goal

The Oilers don't have anything that's an attractive trade piece unless it's their 1st or one of their young core pieces at forward like Gagner, RNH, Eberle, or Hall. There's Justin Schultz too, but he's just as unproven as any of them except he's a D who isn't blowing anyone out of the water offensively yet is doing horribly on actual D.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Cekmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I think you're just undervaluing him honestly

Cekmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

The oilers are more likely to go after Schenn as Couts is definitely towards the top of Philly's untouchables list.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

I said at the draft that the Oilers should have taken Couturier. I guess we can only wonder what he would have done if he had been given no leash and been surrounded with the talent that RNH has been since the draft. Couturier is literally the perfect type of player to play on that top line with Hall and Eberle/Yakupov/whoever with his hockey smarts and defensive ability.

The problem is that there's no way that the Flyers are going to let him go and if they see how good he really is and surround him with talent I could see him easily being a 70+ point selke winner.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Mr Positive

vCash: 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
The Oilers don't have anything that's an attractive trade piece unless it's their 1st or one of their young core pieces at forward like Gagner, RNH, Eberle, or Hall. There's Justin Schultz too, but he's just as unproven as any of them except he's a D who isn't blowing anyone out of the water offensively yet is doing horribly on actual D.
Our first is definitely on the table.

Eberle, Hall, RNH are not. If you don't like it then just chalk this whole thing up to Eklund being Eklund.

I don't know how available Gagner is. It is widely believed that we have a handshake agreement not to trade him this year. So, it depends on how firm our GM is on that.

We do have interesting players you should consider (better than Gagner lol).

Perron (many Oil fans will hate that I put his name here)

J.Schultz

Nurse/ Klefbom / Marincin

Arcobello (as an add-in)

Mr Positive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
As am I, Ryder, Halak and a 2nd?

tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
you know nothing about the Oilers, but thanks for chiming in.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 12:38 AM
Orca Smash

vCash: 50
How does b. schenn have less value then couts now?

In summer philly fans said he was an untouchable but considered couts proposals for edler but walked when it was b. schenn, but now couts has way more value?

Am i talking to different flyer fans, or does worth fluctuate on a month by month basis in philly.

I have no horse in this race either.

Orca Smash is offline   Reply With Quote