HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Doug Wilson and scouts for 11 teams at VAN/COL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2013, 10:37 PM
  #101
FAMOUSfin
Registered User
 
FAMOUSfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 882
vCash: 500
On a team with Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Garrison: Tanev gets more icetime than Brad Stuart. Tanev would be 4th in icetime, at the very least, on the Sharks.

FAMOUSfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:39 PM
  #102
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,021
vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMOUSfin View Post
Tanev doesn't really fit the 1st/2nd/3rd pairing model very well. Yes, he is paired with Hamhuis and they play against the toughest competition. However, his total ice time puts him behind Garrison at #5. 5on5 he's neck and neck with Garrison in terms of icetime. Out of all defencemen he gets most icetime on the penalty kill but he doesn't get time on the PP.
Tanev is an extremely good PKer, but otherwise he's just a solid defensive 3rd pairing RHD. He doesn't have trade value enough to trade him. Like Jason Demers for the Sharks. Demers has much more value to the Sharks than he would in a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
That 4th liner would be 4th on your team in points
Shots fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMOUSfin View Post
On a team with Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Garrison: Tanev gets more icetime than Brad Stuart. Tanev would be 4th in icetime, at the very least, on the Sharks.
Probably because Brad Stuart stinks and shouldn't be in the NHL.

Tanev and Demers would compete for the #4 job. But even if Tanev were in a top-4 role on the Sharks, it would be because the Sharks don't have 4 top-4 defensemen, not because Tanev is one.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:43 PM
  #103
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMOUSfin View Post
On a team with Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Garrison: Tanev gets more icetime than Brad Stuart. Tanev would be 4th in icetime, at the very least, on the Sharks.
Unless he plays the left side, I doubt it. He's not better than Braun or Boyle, who are also righties. If he could play the left side, I'd LOOOOOOVEEEEE to have him next to Boyle though.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:44 PM
  #104
FAMOUSfin
Registered User
 
FAMOUSfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 882
vCash: 500
Tanev is neck and neck with Garrison in terms of 5on5 icetime but plays against tougher competition. That makes him a bottom pairing defenceman?

FAMOUSfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:46 PM
  #105
FAMOUSfin
Registered User
 
FAMOUSfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Shots fired.
5th actually. And that's only because Burrows has been having an injury riddled season. But yeah, I don't deny that Wingels could play a top 6 role just as Santo has.

FAMOUSfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:48 PM
  #106
AG
Infinite
 
AG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Nah, Tanev is more valuable than anyone on the Sharks. Think Hertl+Thornton+Burns.
Add pls.

AG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:52 PM
  #107
ohnoeszz
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Tanev's value is probably equal to Kennedy's. A 2nd round pick.

Hard to trust the opinion of someone who thinks Wingels is a plug. I wouldn't trade Wingels for three Tanevs.


Tanev is still being heavily underrated here on HF boards both in terms of his potential and his current actual play. Canucks have won 4 straight. Tanev has played 23+ minutes in each of them, matching up against top lines.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:54 PM
  #108
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post


Tell me again, what does that do for the Sharks? Absolutely terrible. Value isn't good for us at all, let alone the fact that we NEED Vlasic and O'Reilly is totally redundant. I don't know how Colorado fans will react, but it's an emphatic no from SJ.
You say some ridiculous things some times.

The value is pretty close actually (fact), but there is no reason for the Sharks to open a new hole on their team to get ROR who won't have a bigger impact on their forward group.

Just because it doesn't make sense, doesn't mean the value sucks.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 10:59 PM
  #109
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
You say some ridiculous things some times.

The value is pretty close actually (fact), but there is no reason for the Sharks to open a new hole on their team to get ROR who won't have a bigger impact on their forward group.

Just because it doesn't make sense, doesn't mean the value sucks.
Seeing as value is subjective, that's hardly fact. To us, Vlasic is a #1 d-man and one of the best pure shutdown defencemen in the entire league. That holds FAR more value than a totally redundant piece on the Sharks. A first rounder also does not really appeal to us. You do realize that I said in my post that I don't know how Avs fans will react, but it's terrible for the Sharks. Any trade that makes you a much worse team now and in the future is terrible. But no, I say "ridiculous things" yet you go on to make something subjective appear as fact.

Either you just completely misread what I posted, or you're just being a homer. To other teams, that package would hold far more value, but holds very little to the Sharks.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:06 PM
  #110
officeglen
Registered User
 
officeglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMOUSfin View Post
Looks like Booth is gonna have one of those games where he makes a strong case for not trading for him.
typo? strong case for no one trading for him

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:08 PM
  #111
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,494
vCash: 500
Tanev? What do we need Tanev for? We have enough RHD.

Maybe we're going for Parenteau.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:09 PM
  #112
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,309
vCash: 500
SJ 7th round pick 2022 for Col 7th round pick 2023

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:09 PM
  #113
FAMOUSfin
Registered User
 
FAMOUSfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
typo? strong case for no one trading for him
that's what i said

FAMOUSfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:15 PM
  #114
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Ronaldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,780
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Tanev is an extremely good PKer, but otherwise he's just a solid defensive 3rd pairing RHD. He doesn't have trade value enough to trade him. Like Jason Demers for the Sharks. Demers has much more value to the Sharks than he would in a trade.



.
Maybe last year, but he's been playing top 4 minutes for the vast majority of the year, he's played on the Canucks top pairing for 10 games now, and has done an admirable job.

__________________


Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:18 PM
  #115
sirdigby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Tanev? What do we need Tanev for? We have enough RHD.

Maybe we're going for Parenteau.

What kind of pieces do you think would be available for PAP?

sirdigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:19 PM
  #116
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Tanev? What do we need Tanev for? We have enough RHD.

Maybe we're going for Parenteau.
But we're lacking in forwards? Unless of course that would mean moving Burns back to D, which I'm against.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:20 PM
  #117
Orca Smash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
Is this guy credible? Also, pretty sure he's just joking around when he says that DW will leave with new players tonight. Just because he's there doesn't mean a trade will be made.
He should be, he is at the games and does post game interviews with the teams for the local radio.

Although knowing patterson is this some inside joke or something where when doug wilson shows up at arena's he leaves with players or something.

Hes a pretty sarcastic guy.

Orca Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:20 PM
  #118
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,230
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
SJ 7th round pick 2022 for Col 7th round pick 2023
Colorado gets owned.

Everyone knows that the 2023 draft is the next 2003/2013 draft.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:27 PM
  #119
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Colorado gets owned.

Everyone knows that the 2023 draft is the next 2003/2013 draft.
Shhhhhhhhh!

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:27 PM
  #120
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
But we're lacking in forwards? Unless of course that would mean moving Burns back to D, which I'm against.
I know we have forwards out of our ears. I'm just spitballing ideas here.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:31 PM
  #121
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,021
vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Tanev? What do we need Tanev for? We have enough RHD.

Maybe we're going for Parenteau.
I would not be against that idea at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK 17 View Post
Maybe last year, but he's been playing top 4 minutes for the vast majority of the year, he's played on the Canucks top pairing for 10 games now, and has done an admirable job.
10 games does not a top-4 defenseman make.

When Jason Demers was 22 years old he spent 50 games on the Sharks top-pairing shutting down top opponents and putting up points. 50 games does not a top-4 defenseman make.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:35 PM
  #122
bigwillie
Registered User
 
bigwillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 6,062
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Doug Wilson reads HFBoards, and just wanted to sit and watch us all speculate aimlessly about what he could be up to.

And so far his plan is working perfectly.

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:41 PM
  #123
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Ronaldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,780
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post



10 games does not a top-4 defenseman make.

When Jason Demers was 22 years old he spent 50 games on the Sharks top-pairing shutting down top opponents and putting up points. 50 games does not a top-4 defenseman make.
Again, he's been playing top 4 minutes for the vast majority of the year, and is only 23. You may see him as a 3rd pairing D-Man as of right now, but given his age and what we've seen glimpses of his value is surely higher than a 3rd pairing D-Man.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 11:44 PM
  #124
bossram
Registered User
 
bossram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Not really, he never had much value outside the Canucks organization. Almost every team has a Tanev.
No outside Vancouver values Tanev. But he IS a top-four guy. He's playing shutdown minutes with Hamhuis. No reason to trade Tanev unless we're getting quality back.

bossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 12:22 AM
  #125
Crisp Breakout
Registered User
 
Crisp Breakout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,080
vCash: 500
The Avalanche hadn't played the Canucks before tonight and still haven't played the Sharks. Maybe he just wanted to see how the Avs stacked up against the Canucks to see if they are legitimate threats to the Sharks in the West.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.