HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bam Bam Barnaby

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 11:52 AM
FlavorFlav

vCash: 500
Bam Bam Barnaby

OK, rumour has it that he is going to be unprotected in the waiver draft and is in danger of losing his position to Chris Simon.

So, here's the question - is he worth it? Can he add something? He showed some promise in the 2nd part of last season. May be a good guy to get stuff stirred up and maybe energize the team.

Old
09-29-2003, 12:08 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

I think it's very hard for us to say it we really need yet another forward. While we are among the NHL's softest teams, we actually have too many forwards that can play in the big league on a regular basis. Adding Barnaby to the line up, to me, would only add yet another player in the press box, or in Hamilton.

I'd say unless the management gives him a chance to prove he can play the aggressive ***** talker he has been in the past, he might not fit in our actual line up, because I don't feel Gainey is willing to send players like Dackell, who gets paid 1,1M a year, with the Bulldogs, only to make room for Barnaby.

Old
09-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorFlav
OK, rumour has it that he is going to be unprotected in the waiver draft and is in danger of losing his position to Chris Simon.

So, here's the question - is he worth it? Can he add something? He showed some promise in the 2nd part of last season. May be a good guy to get stuff stirred up and maybe energize the team.

Well if BG takes him he needs to unprotect a habs player...since we don't know who's protected yet well I'm not sure.

as for what Barnaby brings to the game, I used to love him in his early years with Buffalo but it's been a couple of years since I've been following him so I don't know if he matured or he's still has that "face a frapper dedans" (silly face that you want to punch). He can probably have a role on a 4th line "agitator type". We'll finally have somebody to stick his nose in Tucker's face and Domi's too. Does Barnaby still fight? the guy was fearless 10 years ago...

Old
09-29-2003, 01:07 PM
NYR1084

Send a message via AIM to NYR1084
Hey

Id rather have a prospect come up than get Barnaby.

Kev

Old
09-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1084
Hey

Id rather have a prospect come up than get Barnaby.

Kev
Do you prefer Dwyer or Barnaby in the lineup , Barnaby can create some good things in offence .

Bulis - Koivu - Audette

Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik

Higgins - Perreault - Ryder

Juneau - Kilger - Barnaby

Old
09-29-2003, 01:32 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65
Do you prefer Dwyer or Barnaby in the lineup , Barnaby can create some good things in offence .

Bulis - Koivu - Audette

Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik

Higgins - Perreault - Ryder

Juneau - Kilger - Barnaby
As I said in my previous post, what are you going to do with guys like Dackell and Sundstrom who aren't on your line up? It's not like you can send them down in the AHL pretending they're not proven NHLers.

I'd rather pass over Barnaby at the waiver draft than having both Sundstrom (1.7M a year) and Dackell (1.1M a year) payed for watching the game in the stands. I understand your point, and I too feel we desperatly need to add size and agressiveness to our roster, but that's just not realistic.

Old
09-29-2003, 01:40 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
As I said in my previous post, what are you going to do with guys like Dackell and Sundstrom who aren't on your line up? It's not like you can send them down in the AHL pretending they're not proven NHLers.

I'd rather pass over Barnaby at the waiver draft than having both Sundstrom (1.7M a year) and Dackell (1.1M a year) payed for watching the game in the stands. I understand your point, and I too feel we desperatly need to add size and agressiveness to our roster, but that's just not realistic.
I have make my lineup faster , I have forgot Sundstrom but Dackell who is supposed to be a Defensive have finished the year with - 5.

Old
09-29-2003, 01:41 PM
8b

He would surely be better than Blouin and/or Dwyer.

Old
09-29-2003, 01:42 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I hate Barnaby, but maybe I just hate him cause of the way he plays against other teams. He is gay, but as long as its not bothering me, then it might be a good idea.

Although he would want a 1-2 mill, and dwyer is a few thousand

Old
09-29-2003, 01:44 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Although he would want a 1-2 mill, and dwyer is a few thousand

Ok but how many fights Dwyer have won ?

A)0 ?
B)1 ?

Old
09-29-2003, 01:46 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Ok but how many fights Dwyer have won ?

A)0 ?
B)1 ?
lol, do we want to spend 1-2 mill on a 4th liner?

A)yes
B)no

Old
09-29-2003, 01:58 PM
Mike8

I don't know what Barnaby's making, but there's no doubt whatsoever that he would be a good asset for the Canadiens. Anyone saying they don't want him or feel he'd take a spot away from a youngster are undervalueing what Barnaby would bring to this team.

He is a very underrated all-around player. This guy has the versatility to play on a scoring line. He can play on a defensive line. He can play on a checking/agitator line. He scores clutch goals, gets his hands dirty, goes to danger areas, and is capable of putting the puck in the net -- even if he hasn't shown that capability for consistent periods of time.

He's not a great fighter, but that's not his role. So he is not in a position to 'battle' a Dwyer or Blouin for a role. Nor is he out there to battle with a Chris Higgins or Ryder or even Ward. This guy is a pest who can score goals, score important goals, and do anything the coach asks while adding some sandpaper to the lineup. Currently, Montreal does not have a player like Barnaby and has needed one for a long time now!

I remember back in his Buffalo days where Barnaby would consistently beat up on Montreal (physically, goal-scoring wise, etcetera). I don't think he's been used properly since his Buffalo days, and would actually like to see how he would play with our smallish centers (eg. Koivu or Ribeiro). My guess is he'd fit in very nicely alongside one of them.

The goal of this team MUST be to increase the percentage of hard workers and eliminate players who don't give their full effort on every shift. I would hate to see Montreal's youngsters come up to the big club surrounded by softies that don't protect eachother, don't give a full effort, and generally have bad morale due to their underachieving ways. Underachieving rubs off on teammates. Overachieving does, too. Barnaby is an overachiever who works hard, and I can't believe the NYR would expose him in the draft.

Old
09-29-2003, 02:02 PM
habsfan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
lol, do we want to spend 1-2 mill on a 4th liner?

A)yes
B)no
well, we were giving millions to a few players with the bulldogs last year
it wouldn't be new to the habs

Old
09-29-2003, 02:21 PM
RichardZednik#20

Maybe NYR would take Juneau or Dackell in return. They are defensive players with experience who could help there 3rd or 4th liner's. Just a tought. And this would only happen if they really want him to go.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Blackshad

I would take him
Anytime.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:51 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan19
well, we were giving millions to a few players with the bulldogs last year
it wouldn't be new to the habs
So you want to do that again so you can complain or something? What are you getting at? I don't see your point.

Old
09-30-2003, 03:26 AM
mcphee

Barnaby is everything I don't like in athletes. That being said, I'd take him in a minute. my only concern is that players like Barnaby who wear their emotions on their sleeve, often become a problem when their icetime is cut. i think he would add a dimension that we have lacked for awhile, and he can play the game.

Old
09-30-2003, 05:19 AM
komisakick ass

Quote:
I have make my lineup faster , I have forgot Sundstrom but Dackell who is supposed to be a Defensive have finished the year with - 5.
And Ward?

Closed Thread