HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offers made to Koivu, Theodore, Ribeiro, Koivu and Markov

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2005, 06:04 PM
RaTcine

vCash: 500
I think Brodeur should make the maximum.... good for the Devils if they pay him 5M$ but he's definitly worth the max...

Old
07-28-2005, 06:06 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
Brodeur's no.1 and makes just over $5 million Theo is 3/4 behind Luongo(sp?), Belfour and possibly Turco. No way is he worth nearly $5 mil.
You really believe Belfour and Turco are better than Theodore ?

Old
07-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde
You really believe Belfour and Turco are better than Theodore ?
Not really but the braintrust of team Canada do and no one on these boards can evaluate as well as they can or argue with the success they've had.

Old
07-28-2005, 06:11 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTcine
I think Brodeur should make the maximum.... good for the Devils if they pay him 5M$ but he's definitly worth the max...
It's easy to throw around money when you're only a fan, but giving a player the max isn't good for a franchise imo.

Old
07-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsforlife
i have a question here.
since theodore received a 4.6 offer. is he sure to sign for at least 4.6?

so those 100% qualifying offers means that you cant sign someone that have not played as good as he was paid for? so theodore got this good contract after a wonderyear and we still have to pay him as if he has been that great since then?

i am confused with those qualifying offers. please help me.

can bg bring theodore in arbitration for less than 4.6?

im not trying to debate to know if theodore deserve 4.6, its just an example.

thank you,

Qualifying offer is always a 1-year deal to ensure the player maintains his restricted free agent (RFA) status. The player can accept the qualifying offer immediately and that'd be that. Koivu has traditionally accepted his qualifying offer each year.

However after the qualifying offer is placed on the table, a team may make another offer with less money involved. So even though Theodore's qualifying offer is $4.6m for 1 year, the team can offer $3.5m for 5 years, and Theodore would maintain his RFA status.

Old
07-28-2005, 06:14 PM
habsforlife

thanks a lot mike8!

Old
07-28-2005, 06:17 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave
Okay, would you say that JS Giguere is overpaid?
Great example. Théo at 4,6 He better be godly.

Old
07-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Habs13

...stole two series against the Bruins...Theo deserves that sort of cash. Good move Gainey!

Old
07-28-2005, 06:21 PM
NewHabsEra*

We will talk about Brodeur!!

First, Brodeur always said he accepted less money to play with the devils cause he loved the place...

Second... What an elite goaltender like Théo would have done in the past 10 years with a strong devils line-up you think??? Devils has been one of the best team in the league for the past 10 years...

What a guy like Brodeur would have done with a team sucker like we had for the past 10 years???

Think a bit guys before talking... Théo won the Vezina + the Hart with an AHL team in front of him... Pereeault as first line center.. traverse, Dykhuis alouette!!!

Old
07-28-2005, 06:22 PM
HF-Addict

Mod edit: Quoted deleted post.

What does this have to do with anything...why do you have to bring Brisebois in here? Brisebois is a true Québécois who loves the Montreal Canadiens, he played within his limits and way above them for the team. He is a nice guy, he was overpaid yes, but I'm sad to see him go. That guy had the CH tatooed on his heart. As for theodore, I don't feel the same, imo, as soon as he won't get the money he wants from the Montreal Canadiens, he will turn his back and go elsewhere, only speculation, but that,s my feeling. How he got his huge contract

Last edited by J-D: 07-28-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old
07-28-2005, 06:24 PM
RE-HABS

Because Ryder was given an offer of a 10% increase before the lockout does that mean that still counts as a qualifing offer? Or do the Habs have to make a new offer because of the agreement?

Old
07-28-2005, 06:25 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
What does this have to do with anything...why do you have to bring Brisebois in here? Brisebois is a true Québécois who loves the Montreal Canadiens, he played within his limits and way above them for the team. He is a nice guy, he was overpaid yes, but I'm sad to see him go. That guy had the CH tatooed on his heart. As for theodore, I don't feel the same, imo, as soon as he won't get the money he wants from the Montreal Canadiens, he will turn his back and go elsewhere, only speculation, but that,s my feeling.
We see it now how much he had the CH tatooed on the heart!

Brisebois is a nice guy, a nice person, ive nothing against him personnally... But on the ice, he was lazzy for the most part of his carreer as a Habs, was avoiding physical contacts outside his last season with us... Wasnt doing anything when our goaltender was crushed by a foward... ect ect... He has created his own problems to not give a respectable effort most of the time... thats why he got booed so often...

Old
07-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Dr. Charles

I predict another Vezina and another Hart for Theo
because Plecanek will be on the team.

Met ca dans ta pipe Moliere!!!

Old
07-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
...stole two series against the Bruins...Theo deserves that sort of cash. Good move Gainey!
Stole half a series only after he got pissed that Zednik was clothslined, stunk up badly in the next series against the Canes. And was the reason we had to go to 7 games against Boston last time around because he was getting outplayed by a rookie in the first few games.

Old
07-28-2005, 06:38 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
Stole half a series only after he got pissed that Zednik was clothslined, stunk up badly in the next series against the Canes. And was the reason we had to go to 7 games against Boston last time around because he was getting outplayed by a rookie in the first few games.
Because he was a sieve early in the series. Montreal should have won that series in 5 with a good goaltender. Maybe if they had they would have had more juice against Tampa.

Old
07-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Because he was a sieve early in the series. Montreal should have won that series in 5 with a good goaltender. Maybe if they had they would have had more juice against Tampa.
Exactly my point, that's why I said that Theo was the reason we "had to go to 7 games" instead of eliminating Boston sooner. Even in the next series he was completely outclassed by Khabibulin. Sometimes we really overrate the value of our players.

Old
07-28-2005, 06:47 PM
habsforlife

Quote:
theo did not win 2 series against them. actually he played 2 hell of a game 2 years ago. and really not that he did not win the last one vs the bruins but he almost lost it by himself.

and brodeur is still the best goalie in the world on world championships and he has the same team as the other two that plays with him.

Old
07-28-2005, 06:51 PM
habsforlife

he already got paid for the wonderseason he gave us. it should be payback time for the season he gave us after he signed his uged contract.

Old
07-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Habs13

...game 7 shut-out...

Old
07-28-2005, 06:56 PM
habsforlife

Quote:
...game 7 shut-out...
one of the easiest shotout ive ever seen in my whole life. not enough big saves to talk about it.some good saves (one outta samsonov, that was good) and a good game overall we ll say but does a shotout after playing so bad worth 4.6 millions dollars?

Old
07-28-2005, 06:58 PM
deandebean

They had to give him that. Now, the rest of the market will dictate how much he gets. Look at what Luongo got offered...

The players are REALLY getting stiffed with this new CBA.

As for Koivu, how much did they offer and for how many years? THAT could tell the story...

Old
07-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 3500
people that complain about this are the same people bashing Habs management for letting Briesbois go (3.4M) , go figure .

Old
07-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
...game 7 shut-out...
To make up for his 3-0 shut-out loss in game one.

Old
07-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
people that complain about this are the same people bashing Habs management for letting Briesbois go (3.4M) , go figure .
LMFAO I will never complain about Breezy being let go.

Old
07-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
, this makes no sense at all.

I'm glad Brisebois is gone and I hope we never overpay a player like we did Theodore. When you talk about players who have yet to bring bang to the buck, you look at theodore. The guy got his contract for vezina or vezina runner up performances, not middle of the pack to absolutly horrendous. He should never get 5million until he becomes consistent. For now, he should barely get 4.

If a cup winner like Khabibulin doesnt get 5million(well see if he does) on the UFA market, then theres no way Theodore is worth that.

Closed Thread