HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offers made to Koivu, Theodore, Ribeiro, Koivu and Markov

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-28-2005, 06:04 PM
  #26
RaTcine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ghetto Noré Bôgran
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,128
vCash: 500
I think Brodeur should make the maximum.... good for the Devils if they pay him 5M$ but he's definitly worth the max...

RaTcine is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:06 PM
  #27
HABsurde
Registered User
 
HABsurde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
Brodeur's no.1 and makes just over $5 million Theo is 3/4 behind Luongo(sp?), Belfour and possibly Turco. No way is he worth nearly $5 mil.
You really believe Belfour and Turco are better than Theodore ?

HABsurde is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:10 PM
  #28
Hab at it
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde
You really believe Belfour and Turco are better than Theodore ?
Not really but the braintrust of team Canada do and no one on these boards can evaluate as well as they can or argue with the success they've had.

Hab at it is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:11 PM
  #29
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTcine
I think Brodeur should make the maximum.... good for the Devils if they pay him 5M$ but he's definitly worth the max...
It's easy to throw around money when you're only a fan, but giving a player the max isn't good for a franchise imo.

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:13 PM
  #30
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsforlife
i have a question here.
since theodore received a 4.6 offer. is he sure to sign for at least 4.6?

so those 100% qualifying offers means that you cant sign someone that have not played as good as he was paid for? so theodore got this good contract after a wonderyear and we still have to pay him as if he has been that great since then?

i am confused with those qualifying offers. please help me.

can bg bring theodore in arbitration for less than 4.6?

im not trying to debate to know if theodore deserve 4.6, its just an example.

thank you,

Qualifying offer is always a 1-year deal to ensure the player maintains his restricted free agent (RFA) status. The player can accept the qualifying offer immediately and that'd be that. Koivu has traditionally accepted his qualifying offer each year.

However after the qualifying offer is placed on the table, a team may make another offer with less money involved. So even though Theodore's qualifying offer is $4.6m for 1 year, the team can offer $3.5m for 5 years, and Theodore would maintain his RFA status.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:14 PM
  #31
habsforlife
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 645
vCash: 500
thanks a lot mike8!

habsforlife is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:17 PM
  #32
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave
Okay, would you say that JS Giguere is overpaid?
Great example. Théo at 4,6 He better be godly.

HF-Addict is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:19 PM
  #33
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,544
vCash: 500
...stole two series against the Bruins...Theo deserves that sort of cash. Good move Gainey!

Habs13 is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:21 PM
  #34
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
We will talk about Brodeur!!

First, Brodeur always said he accepted less money to play with the devils cause he loved the place...

Second... What an elite goaltender like Théo would have done in the past 10 years with a strong devils line-up you think??? Devils has been one of the best team in the league for the past 10 years...

What a guy like Brodeur would have done with a team sucker like we had for the past 10 years???

Think a bit guys before talking... Théo won the Vezina + the Hart with an AHL team in front of him... Pereeault as first line center.. traverse, Dykhuis alouette!!!

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:22 PM
  #35
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 500
Mod edit: Quoted deleted post.

What does this have to do with anything...why do you have to bring Brisebois in here? Brisebois is a true Québécois who loves the Montreal Canadiens, he played within his limits and way above them for the team. He is a nice guy, he was overpaid yes, but I'm sad to see him go. That guy had the CH tatooed on his heart. As for theodore, I don't feel the same, imo, as soon as he won't get the money he wants from the Montreal Canadiens, he will turn his back and go elsewhere, only speculation, but that,s my feeling. How he got his huge contract


Last edited by J-D: 07-28-2005 at 09:31 PM.
HF-Addict is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:24 PM
  #36
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Because Ryder was given an offer of a 10% increase before the lockout does that mean that still counts as a qualifing offer? Or do the Habs have to make a new offer because of the agreement?

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:25 PM
  #37
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
What does this have to do with anything...why do you have to bring Brisebois in here? Brisebois is a true Québécois who loves the Montreal Canadiens, he played within his limits and way above them for the team. He is a nice guy, he was overpaid yes, but I'm sad to see him go. That guy had the CH tatooed on his heart. As for theodore, I don't feel the same, imo, as soon as he won't get the money he wants from the Montreal Canadiens, he will turn his back and go elsewhere, only speculation, but that,s my feeling.
We see it now how much he had the CH tatooed on the heart!

Brisebois is a nice guy, a nice person, ive nothing against him personnally... But on the ice, he was lazzy for the most part of his carreer as a Habs, was avoiding physical contacts outside his last season with us... Wasnt doing anything when our goaltender was crushed by a foward... ect ect... He has created his own problems to not give a respectable effort most of the time... thats why he got booed so often...

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:34 PM
  #38
Dr. Charles
Registered User
 
Dr. Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cracktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
I predict another Vezina and another Hart for Theo
because Plecanek will be on the team.

Met ca dans ta pipe Moliere!!!

Dr. Charles is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:37 PM
  #39
Hab at it
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
...stole two series against the Bruins...Theo deserves that sort of cash. Good move Gainey!
Stole half a series only after he got pissed that Zednik was clothslined, stunk up badly in the next series against the Canes. And was the reason we had to go to 7 games against Boston last time around because he was getting outplayed by a rookie in the first few games.

Hab at it is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:38 PM
  #40
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
Stole half a series only after he got pissed that Zednik was clothslined, stunk up badly in the next series against the Canes. And was the reason we had to go to 7 games against Boston last time around because he was getting outplayed by a rookie in the first few games.
Because he was a sieve early in the series. Montreal should have won that series in 5 with a good goaltender. Maybe if they had they would have had more juice against Tampa.

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:44 PM
  #41
Hab at it
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Because he was a sieve early in the series. Montreal should have won that series in 5 with a good goaltender. Maybe if they had they would have had more juice against Tampa.
Exactly my point, that's why I said that Theo was the reason we "had to go to 7 games" instead of eliminating Boston sooner. Even in the next series he was completely outclassed by Khabibulin. Sometimes we really overrate the value of our players.

Hab at it is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:47 PM
  #42
habsforlife
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
...stole two series against the Bruins...Theo deserves that sort of cash. Good move Gainey!
theo did not win 2 series against them. actually he played 2 hell of a game 2 years ago. and really not that he did not win the last one vs the bruins but he almost lost it by himself.

and brodeur is still the best goalie in the world on world championships and he has the same team as the other two that plays with him.

habsforlife is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:51 PM
  #43
habsforlife
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 645
vCash: 500
he already got paid for the wonderseason he gave us. it should be payback time for the season he gave us after he signed his uged contract.

habsforlife is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:52 PM
  #44
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,544
vCash: 500
...game 7 shut-out...

Habs13 is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:56 PM
  #45
habsforlife
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
...game 7 shut-out...
one of the easiest shotout ive ever seen in my whole life. not enough big saves to talk about it.some good saves (one outta samsonov, that was good) and a good game overall we ll say but does a shotout after playing so bad worth 4.6 millions dollars?

habsforlife is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 06:58 PM
  #46
deandebean
Registered User
 
deandebean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 9,738
vCash: 500
They had to give him that. Now, the rest of the market will dictate how much he gets. Look at what Luongo got offered...

The players are REALLY getting stiffed with this new CBA.

As for Koivu, how much did they offer and for how many years? THAT could tell the story...

deandebean is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 07:00 PM
  #47
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 23,318
vCash: 3500
people that complain about this are the same people bashing Habs management for letting Briesbois go (3.4M) , go figure .

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 07:00 PM
  #48
Hab at it
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
...game 7 shut-out...
To make up for his 3-0 shut-out loss in game one.

Hab at it is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 07:01 PM
  #49
Hab at it
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
people that complain about this are the same people bashing Habs management for letting Briesbois go (3.4M) , go figure .
LMFAO I will never complain about Breezy being let go.

Hab at it is offline  
Old
07-28-2005, 07:08 PM
  #50
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
people that complain about this are the same people bashing Habs management for letting Briesbois go (3.4M) , go figure .
, this makes no sense at all.


I'm glad Brisebois is gone and I hope we never overpay a player like we did Theodore. When you talk about players who have yet to bring bang to the buck, you look at theodore. The guy got his contract for vezina or vezina runner up performances, not middle of the pack to absolutly horrendous. He should never get 5million until he becomes consistent. For now, he should barely get 4.

If a cup winner like Khabibulin doesnt get 5million(well see if he does) on the UFA market, then theres no way Theodore is worth that.

Habsaku is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.