HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Trade Pitkanen??

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2005, 10:48 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
Trade Pitkanen??

I posted this on the Oilers board but I was wondering what philly fans thought. Is there no chance in h e l l, or could it be worked out somehow? Trade a package including brewer for Joni Pitkanen? What would it take to entice Philly to make the deal?

Old
07-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker
I posted this on the Oilers board but I was wondering what philly fans thought. Is there no chance in h e l l, or could it be worked out somehow? Trade a package including brewer for Joni Pitkanen? What would it take to entice Philly to make the deal?
please go away with anything involving Pitkanen, Carter, or Richards...

Old
07-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

The only way I would be willing to trade Pitkanen at this point is if it could in some way bring Crosby, which isn't going to happen. I'd take Rick Nash for him too, or some other sure-fire young gun. I don't think Edmonton has anyone that I put into that category, so I wouldn't make the deal.

Old
07-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Cuiff

Quote:

Sorry but no!

Old
07-28-2005, 11:40 AM
CarlRacki

Quote:
The Flyers would never trade a young Finnish defenseman with all-star potential to the Oilers. Never.

Old
07-28-2005, 11:40 AM
CharlieGirl

The Flyers need a defenseman, but would be no further ahead with a Brewer for Pitkanen deal. Thanks, but no thanks.

Old
07-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
Definitively NO !

Old
07-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Er....

Pitkanen isn't going anywhere for a long long time.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:59 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
is there any way we could do an announcement like "The Flyers will not be trading Carter, Richards, or Pitkanen" that everyone on the boards could read?

Old
07-28-2005, 01:01 PM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2

Old
07-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Do some research and you'll find out that this teams first priority is defenceman and trading one really isn't on the list of things to do.

Pitkanen has already played in the NHL young all-star game, AHL all-star game, won a Calder Cup and stepped up his game to become a top four defenceman. Not to mention that he's one of the cheapest players on this team. His trade value is huge but he's more valuable with this team.

Old
07-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Would you trade Joni for a star forward?

Like...Hejduk or Tanguay?

Old
07-28-2005, 03:15 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd
Would you trade Joni for a star forward?

Like...Hejduk or Tanguay?
No. There are less than 10 players in the NHL that I'd trade Pitkanen for straight up.

Old
07-28-2005, 03:19 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
No. There are less than 10 players in the NHL that I'd trade Pitkanen for straight up.

my opinion exaclty

Old
07-28-2005, 07:06 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
I don't want to come off like an ass but I have a feeling that's exactly how I'm going to sound

I think you guys are really overrating pitkanen. *cringe and wait for slap in the face* I understand why you wouldn't do a hejduk deal seeing as how you are already stacked down the middle, but less than 10 players you would trade pitkanen for? Maybe you specifically, but I just can't see clarke thinking the same way.

However, I live in Edmonton, and I know all about overvaluing your own prospect. *cough, rita, cough* Plus, I might just be bitter that the Flyers swooped in and ended the Oiler's hopes of trading up to nab Pitkanen in the draft

edit: just realized hejduk's rw

Old
07-28-2005, 07:34 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative giant
I don't want to come off like an ass but I have a feeling that's exactly how I'm going to sound

I think you guys are really overrating pitkanen. *cringe and wait for slap in the face* I understand why you wouldn't do a hejduk deal seeing as how you are already stacked down the middle, but less than 10 players you would trade pitkanen for? Maybe you specifically, but I just can't see clarke thinking the same way.

However, I live in Edmonton, and I know all about overvaluing your own prospect. *cough, rita, cough* Plus, I might just be bitter that the Flyers swooped in and ended the Oiler's hopes of trading up to nab Pitkanen in the draft

edit: just realized hejduk's rw
Considering age, salary, position, and the Flyers needs .. the number is probably closer to 3 than it is to 10.

Old
07-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

It's not even just his potential that would prevent his trade, but also the fact that he fits so perfectly into the lineup. Right now Pitkanen is perfect for that second pairing, and is probably the main reason the Flyers powerplay actually began to work durring his rookiee season.

If they suddenly traded him, they would have a gaping hole on defence that wouldn't easially be filled.

Pitkanen isn't going anywhere.

Old
07-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Crows*

To Philly: Vancouvers 10th pick and Sopel

to Vancouver: Flyers first rounder and pitkanen

Old
07-28-2005, 07:53 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Considering age, salary, position, and the Flyers needs .. the number is probably closer to 3 than it is to 10.
Aha, now you're just trying to get to me. I don't want to start throwing names around, because I don't know the Flyers' needs half as well as you, so I'll just drop it right now.

Until I have gathered more resources I cannot match you in a battle of wits o John Flyers Fan of the Flyers message board. You may have won this round, but be warned! I will be back for round two, where I WILL prove the flyers would trade Pitkanen for more than 3 different NHLers.

*Runs away with tail tucked between legs and muttering jibberish*
To be continued?

Old
07-28-2005, 08:55 PM
gars59

1er choix (5 eme overall) + hainsey + rivet + 3 eme choix/plekaneck
vs
pitkanen + 1 er choix phidadelphie

Old
07-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by gars59
1er choix (5 eme overall) + hainsey + rivet + 3 eme choix/plekaneck
vs
pitkanen + 1 er choix phidadelphie
Honestly, no thanks. Hainsey has been very disappointing since being drafted, rivet means nothing. The 5th choice is nice and a prospect would be nice, but this deal isn't close. If I was going to deal with Montreal, I'd want the #5 pick, Kostistyn, and something else of value.

As for Hejduk, the flyers could not take on that kind of salary at this point. That's why there are so few players the flyers would take, but i'm sure the number is higher then 3, somewhere around 10 seems correct (Crosby, Kovalchuk, Nash, Ovechkin-probably, Heatley, those types of players of that quality with those salaries otherwise the flyers have no reason to trade the best defensive player under the age of 23 in the world, imo).

Closed Thread