HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scottie Upshall

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Olly2

vCash: 500
Scottie Upshall

At one point in time, some were higher on Upshall than Nash. That majority of scouts favored Nash, however did not feel that Upshall was that much of a drop. Since then, Nash has developed much quicker. Are expectations for Upshall still high? What is his offensive potential? Are we talking first, second or third line winger? I know that injuries have hindered his development, hopefully he will be able to put those behind.

I know this kid was a Warrior for Canada at the WJC. He did it all, and never left anything in the tank. You knew when the game was over that he gave his all.

Old
07-27-2005, 11:27 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly2
At one point in time, some were higher on Upshall than Nash. That majority of scouts favored Nash, however did not feel that Upshall was that much of a drop. Since then, Nash has developed much quicker. Are expectations for Upshall still high? What is his offensive potential? Are we talking first, second or third line winger? I know that injuries have hindered his development, hopefully he will be able to put those behind.

I know this kid was a Warrior for Canada at the WJC. He did it all, and never left anything in the tank. You knew when the game was over that he gave his all.

It's tough to say. Like you say...injuries have hindered him a bit, but at times he was the best forward on one of the best teams in the AHL. If he can stay healthy, I think you'll see a good bit of him in the NHL this year...and if I were to project him....IF he can stay healthy...I wouldn't be surprised to see a Ryan Smyth type player in him.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:20 PM
rigger

He is a great guy and a hard worker. Injury obviously can set a guy back. But because of his heart and hard work he will rise above it. He will never score like Nash but will be a huge impact player, like previously mentioned Ryan Smyth. Just give him time to get that confidence up. If you get impatient trade him to edmonton, we'll take him.

Old
07-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Stars-Preds

Oh man I can't wait until training camp. If Upshall is healthy, wins a spot out of camp and contributes for the Preds this year then we are gonna have one heck of a season

Closed Thread