HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Step Steel or RBZ HyperGlide???

Old
12-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Buffalo716Sabres

vCash: 500
Step Steel or RBZ HyperGlide???

Hey guys, I have RBZ skates that come with the Sppedblade Hyper Glide runners... its a very light steel and I like the way it glides through the ice. But Step Steel is about to drop their steel for that holder... I'm wondering what steel has the better performance. I've always used step but haven't with these new skates because it hasn't been out yet... but honestly this steel isn't bad... what steel do you think I should go with (money not being a factor) and why? Thanks!

Buffalo716Sabres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 09:41 AM
AIREAYE

Is the Step Steel going to be taller? If so, and you change into it, you will be much taller on the ice especially considering that the SB 4.0 holders are on too. Unless you really want that, I would stick to your current ones.

If not, then I prefer the quality of Step.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Buffalo716Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Is the Step Steel going to be taller? If so, and you change into it, you will be much taller on the ice especially considering that the SB 4.0 holders are on too. Unless you really want that, I would stick to your current ones.

If not, then I prefer the quality of Step.
Thanks bud, i didn't think about the height on the ice... Step does tend to be kind of tall... hmmm

Buffalo716Sabres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 01:08 PM
AIREAYE

yeah if you put Step on regular holders like LS2 or E-Pro, then the extra height can be adapted to. But with the extra height in the SB you'll be even taller! Changing too drastically at once.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote