HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part VII: Shake Up

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2013, 01:48 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
*Could* be an impact player next season. Should be an impact player in the future.

Go ahead and trade the pick for an impact player("whatever that means") for this season. If you're trading the pick for a player. Sign Callahan and Girardi to 7 year extensions if you're playing for this season and next. Trade every young player and top pick to win this season and next season.

Nash was supposed to be the "impact player".

What makes Kane any different? He has played a losing team his entire career.
I don't want Kane.

They can trade Callahand Girardi too if there is a deal for young roster players somewhere.

12-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

You're right E. Kane loves losing.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...sing-with-jets

You don't trade for Kane to give you a chance this season, you trade for that type of player to grow with your team. You also don't trade your first, the plays for a losing franchise **** is pretty dumb too because last I checked we haven't exactly won anything. In fact I'd say it's probably worse playing for a mediocre team than a bad team at least bad teams know they're bad and don't disillusion themselves and their fans.

Old
12-13-2013, 01:50 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Monahan went where he was supposed to go.
And Sather always gets his man.

Old
12-13-2013, 01:53 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
You're right E. Kane loves losing.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...sing-with-jets

You don't trade for Kane to give you a chance this season, you trade for that type of player to grow with your team. You also don't trade your first, the plays for a losing franchise **** is pretty dumb too because last I checked we haven't exactly won anything. In fact I'd say it's probably worse playing for a mediocre team than a bad team at least bad teams know they're bad and don't disillusion themselves and their fans.
Not moving a first for Kane is no argument. Its baseless squabble by armchair fantasy league GMs.

Old
12-13-2013, 01:53 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
There aren't many moves to make out there. I don't think Sather will be making any big trades to add to this team. Who can he move? Del Zotto? Not with Staal out. Brassard? He might have negative value. Hagelin? Solid player, but moving him won't return a piece good enough to help this team.

The highest this team has picked since the lockout is 10th overall. IF we get a top-6 pick, yes, I think this team is capable of getting a player like Monahan, a potential #1 center. There's some good centers in this draft that will be available if we stay in this position for the remainder of the season.
Everyone thinks there is a magical trade out there to turn around the Rangers fortunes overnight. That deal would have been made by now.

Old
12-13-2013, 01:55 PM
McRanger

The Rangers can't trade their 1st rounder. They can't trade their 1st rounder even if the team rebounds and it ends up being lower in the round.

If you want a "home run" 1st line forward you need to draft him in the 1st round, preferably in the top 5 or top 10. The Jamie Benn's of the world are the exception not the rule.

Out of the entire 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 drafts, there are 41 players that have scored 40 career points.

13 were chosen in the top 5.

22 were in the top 10.

25 were in the 1st round.

Remaining players 16 players:

Derek Stepan C 243 61 99 160
Ryan O'Reilly C 293 54 90 144
Adam Henrique C 148 33 45 78
Craig Smith C 145 24 39 63
Zack Smith C 231 28 33 61
Andrew Shaw C 115 30 26 56
Marcus Kruger C 157 17 35 52
Brandon Saad L 80 19 29 48
Cody Eakin C 106 18 30 48
Gabriel Bourque L 104 22 24 46
Matt Martin L 232 18 27 45
Matt Calvert L 108 22 22 44
Brendan Gallagher 74 24 20 44
Cam Atkinson R 92 23 21 44
Kyle Clifford L 227 21 21 42
Tommy Wingels C 110 17 24 41

How many of those players will put up 60 points once, let alone consistently in their career? How many will have a PPG season?

There have been 65 players from the '05, '06, and '07 drafts to score 60 points.

10 of them were top 5 picks.

19 were top 10 picks.

37 were 1st rounders.

Out of the remaining 28 the only players to average more than .5 PPG are Paul Stastny, Jamie Benn, James Neal, Milan Lucic, Brad Marchand, Patric Hornqvist and Carl Hagelin.

If the Rangers want a no-argument 1st liner they need to start drafting forwards in the 1st round. If they can't suck enough to get a pick on their own, then they need to trade up.

Old
12-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Raspewtin
NYR Stats Geek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
BB and rangerboy trash NYR management up and down yet have faith they can draft a top flight
Player ready to join the lineup. ..

It isn't about next year? Ok so were scrapping 2 more yrs off Henriks career...

Lol. Brilliant
Jay Feaster is a terrible GM and grabbed Monahan where he should've gone.

A monkey could draft well in that position.

It's one of the few things I believe Sather can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
If the Rangers want a no-argument 1st liner they need to start drafting forwards in the 1st round. If they can't suck enough to get a pick on their own, then they need to trade up.
This was a wonderful post and I commend you for it.

12-13-2013, 01:57 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Jay Feaster is a terrible GM and grabbed Monahan where he should've gone.

A monkey could draft well in that position.

It's one of the few things I believe Sather can do.
Assuming he doesn't pass on the forward for a defenseman.

Old
12-13-2013, 01:57 PM
NikC

Sather was fired? We're rebuilding everyone. ...

Send the word.

Old
12-13-2013, 01:58 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Everyone thinks there is a magical trade out there to turn around the Rangers fortunes overnight. That deal would have been made by now.
It would have been made unless management thought this teamwas something it was not. Do you really expect Sather to continue on like this if they keep playing sub.500 hockey and the coach whines about personnel?

Old
12-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Raspewtin
NYR Stats Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
It would have been made unless management thought this teamwas something it was not. Do you really expect Sather to continue on like this if they keep playing sub.500 hockey and the coach whines about personnel?
I expect him to bring in Mike Cammalleri, make the playoffs, lose in the 1st round, and grab a stay at home defenseman with the 15th overall pick, to be honest.

Sather has deluded himself into thinking this team can win the cup. A bad stretch of bad hockey isn't enough to change his mind unfortunately.

Old
12-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
I expect him to bring in Mike Cammalleri, make the playoffs, lose in the 1st round, and grab a stay at home defenseman with the 15th overall pick, to be honest.
Can he fight, though?

Old
12-13-2013, 02:05 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
This is my thinking. When the assessment of the team changes, different option open. Not that it changes the success rate of the front office. You just hope Sather continues with McDonagh type deals (fixing mistakes) instead of his "put the team over the top" types (zherdev, redden).

Old
12-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
A trade would have happened if another team was as desperate for a shake up as the Rangers are now, at that point the Rangers needed some help and thought they were headed in the right direction.

Now it's become clear we're pretty much screwed and AV is trying to drive that point home. I'm not surprised he has to publicly admit he doesn't have the personnel. He's probably mentioned it to Glen privately on several occasions and Glen is probably being stubborn because he constructed this **** show.

Trades will happen it's just a matter of time.

Old
12-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Sean C Billups

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
- Conveniently ignoring the fact that the team has had one top ten pick since the lockout
I said last meaning anybody other than MDZ. Since 2000, Sather has drafted 6 times in the top 15 and twice in the top 10. 0 were roster players the proceeding season. Picks are great but we certainly aren't guaranteed an immediate impact player.

Old
12-13-2013, 02:11 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:

Old
12-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

I'm not into a long-haul rebuild. Ideally (for me), they would trade Callahan and Girardi for a combination of picks/prospects and controllable roster players. Pick up drafts picks for other UFAs not in the team's plans. In the summer, move aggressively to get a PP QB. Look for undervalued UFAs.

4. Profit

Old
12-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I'm not into a long-haul rebuild. Ideally (for me), they would trade Callahan and Girardi for a combination of picks/prospects and controllable roster players. Pick up drafts picks for other UFAs not in the team's plans. In the summer, move aggressively to get a PP QB. Look for undervalued UFAs.

4. Profit
Im on board.

But Im so frustrated at this point, I wouldnt be upset of the team shopped everyone except McDonagh.

Old
12-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Raspewtin
NYR Stats Geek

Quote:

4. Profit
Dion Phaneuf ?

He'd be my prime UFA target.

Old
12-13-2013, 02:22 PM
kvakklunch

lets trade our elders away. Lets rebuild. Callahan, Girardi, and Staal. Let them go. Let us be honest. This season is not a cup run. Its the first one for our coach mr AV. Give him time to form his own team. His team is not made up by grinders, he has said so himself.

This team is not skilled enough to play his game. This team is Torts team. Lets accept that this season will be the season to let the AHL's test themself in the NHL. Let them screw up, let them learn the hard way. And lets build a foundation for next year.

Old
12-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Dion Phaneuf ?

He'd be my prime UFA target.
He'd be the one UFA I would bid heavily for. Land him or Byfuglien and I'll swoon.

Old
12-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Raspewtin
NYR Stats Geek

Quote:
He'd be the one UFA I would bid heavily for. Land him or Byfuglien and I'll swoon.
Same. They fit what we need to a T. Big shot, puck mover, plays with snarl.

Playing against Dion/Dustin and McIlrath would be a nightmare for the opposition.

Old
12-13-2013, 02:31 PM
McRanger

Quote:

4. Profit
I don't see them moving Callahan, unfortunately.

The rest of it is a possibility.

Old
12-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:

Think that would be a huge mistake.

Old
12-13-2013, 02:33 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

Then they should be prepared to give Callahan a long-term contract for big dollars. That is what it will take to keep him from leaving as a free agent.

Closed Thread