HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #31|Wed., Dec. 11, 2013|Flyers at Blackhawks |8:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2013, 11:41 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
Compared to this years performance or overall career performance?
A little bit of both. The only one that's currenty close is Giroux/Toews. Hossa, Sharp, and Kane would all be the best winger on this team. Timonen was probably as good as Keith is when he was in his prime, and certainly better than Seabrook, but as it stands now, they're both better than anything the Flyers can offer.

Old
12-11-2013, 11:46 AM
SuchySays

Is there any reason to dress Rosehill in this one?

McGinn didn't take morning skate.

Old
12-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Flyerss

vCash: 147
hope couts will play vs toews line and giroux vs kane

Old
12-11-2013, 12:01 PM
BWAVgal
Clever comment here

vCash: 176
I don't expect a win out of this one. Just hope we don't get embarrassed bad!

Old
12-11-2013, 12:09 PM
TheShaneTrain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
Is there any reason to dress Rosehill in this one?

McGinn didn't take morning skate.
bollig...I guess.

not much of a reason, but that's probably their thinking?

Old
12-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Flyerfan4life

i hope razor ate his wheaties... cuz hes gunna see alot of rubber tonite...

Old
12-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Apparently Mcginn is sick...

So why not call someone else up..............?

Old
12-11-2013, 12:32 PM
flyersguy33*

Rebound machine in net tonight...gona be a long night

Old
12-11-2013, 12:42 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Apparently Mcginn is sick...

So why not call someone else up..............?
#FlyersHockey

It's not like they would get a shot anyway. I mean Rinaldo and Rosehill need to play.

Chief with his questionable line-up decisions

Old
12-11-2013, 12:44 PM
bennysflyers16

Rosehill in vs the Hawks confirms we should have zero faith in Berubes ability to make smart personnel decisions and that his goon mentality is here to stay.

McGinn-G-Jake
Read-Couts-Downie
Harts-Bray-Simmer
Waffle-Hall-Zac

That should be this line up and when Vinny is back put him on top line and decide between Raffl and Tye. Playing a no talent ass clown vs teams like the Hawks is insane

Old
12-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Curufinwe

I agree, but McGinn is apparently sick.

They should have called up Akeson anyway.

Old
12-11-2013, 12:47 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
#FlyersHockey

It's not like they would get a shot anyway. I mean Rinaldo and Rosehill need to play.

Chief with his questionable line-up decisions
Apparently Streit wont be benched because rumor is Gus isn't pushing him enough in practice and it is affecting Streits game ?

I would like to see Rosehill or Zac maybe on top line to try and spark them ? Could really help get guys going !

Old
12-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Garbage Goal

I'm pretty apathetic towards wins and losses in this season right now, but these lineup decisions piss me off. Meszaros might have to murder someone to lose the favoritism there and we have a fourth line with Rosehill and Rinaldo both on it currently as well as pretty much always at least one of the two on it. Bothers me.

Old
12-11-2013, 01:17 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I'm pretty apathetic towards wins and losses in this season right now, but these lineup decisions piss me off. Meszaros might have to murder someone to lose the favoritism there and we have a fourth line with Rosehill and Rinaldo both on it currently as well as pretty much always at least one of the two on it. Bothers me.
I have watched all the other teams we play their 4th line. They all seem to have at least one younger guy that has some small sort of skill to them. Us playing 2 no talent guys at the same time is insanity. It has to be one or the other on the 4th line. Play Zac most nights, but when he thinks he needs a HW to offset another teams guy, Zac is out and Rosehill is in. I agree, playing both is moronic.

Old
12-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 147
can we create 6 couturier 3 vs toews' line and 3 vs kane's line

Old
12-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

I still remember the Wilson / Magnuson fight like it was yesterday. Keith wanted no part of Big Behn, but once Wilson started yelling in his face he had no choice but to fire away. I still have my Blackhawk's jersey(red) I picked up in Doug Laurie's store in Toronto. I think they are the best looking jersey in the NHL. Anyway, I have my fingers crossed about this game and hope that our 1st line shows up.
Thanks MSE
GO FLYERS!

Old
12-11-2013, 03:22 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I agree, but McGinn is apparently sick.

They should have called up Akeson anyway.
I agree. We know what McGinn brings at this level it's not enough for him to stick around ever which should tell us all something.

Old
12-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
I agree. We know what McGinn brings at this level it's not enough for him to stick around ever which should tell us all something.
Exactly. It's pretty clear he's not going to end up a consistent top 6 winger and he doesn't really have the all around game to be in the bottom 6. I think injury callups like this would be better used by giving younger players a chance to show what they can do in the NHL, especially if they're the type of players that we need right now. We don't need another slow grinder, we need someone fast who can shoot. I've already said I'd like to see Straka given a short chance but it'd also be nice to see Akeson or even Cousins come up for a bit. He really impressed me in the preseason so I'd like to see him in a few real games.

Old
12-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly. It's pretty clear he's not going to end up a consistent top 6 winger and he doesn't really have the all around game to be in the bottom 6. I think injury callups like this would be better used by giving younger players a chance to show what they can do in the NHL, especially if they're the type of players that we need right now. We don't need another slow grinder, we need someone fast who can shoot. I've already said I'd like to see Straka given a short chance but it'd also be nice to see Akeson or even Cousins come up for a bit. He really impressed me in the preseason so I'd like to see him in a few real games.
Anyone who thought McGinn could be a top six player pretty much at any point in time (let alone now) was fooling themselves in a really bad way to begin with. None of our forward prospects are likely top six players except for maybe Laughton except he won't ever be a top six player with us most likely because we're always so deep at center.

McGinn is good enough to stick on an NHL fourth line and not look too out of place when out on the ice with other lines. I mean, if guys like Rinaldo (who is pretty much just good for hitting and energy despite what they're trying to force him into with the PK) and Rosehill can manage to stay in the NHL or at least on this team there's no reason a guy like McGinn can't. It's a fourth line role, but that still counts as an NHL role nevertheless.

I've mentioned this before too, but it's a really minor thing to want Akeson or McGinn or Straka over each other. Like I said before we don't really have any realistically high profile or high scoring forwards in the prospect pool for the NHL level. Akeson hasn't been given as much of a shot as McGinn has, but that's all you can really say about it. None of them have been given a shot in general because none of them are NHL top six players.

Old
12-11-2013, 03:52 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
We have to play real physical if we want to win tonight. The Hawks don't have much toughness in their lineup. We gotta take advantage of that to make up for their advantage in skill and talent. If, and it's a big if, Rinaldo can control himself tonight he can certainly be an asset out there.

Old
12-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Anyone who thought McGinn could be a top six player pretty much at any point in time (let alone now) was fooling themselves in a really bad way to begin with. None of our forward prospects are likely top six players except for maybe Laughton except he won't ever be a top six player with us most likely because we're always so deep at center.
Yeah, I've never really understood some fans love for McGinn. Is he a decent player? Sure. But I don't see him ever being an NHL regular on anything other than the third or fourth line, if that.

Quote:
I've mentioned this before too, but it's a really minor thing to want Akeson or McGinn or Straka over each other. Like I said before we don't really have any realistically high profile or high scoring forwards in the prospect pool for the NHL level. Akeson hasn't been given as much of a shot as McGinn has, but that's all you can really say about it. None of them have been given a shot in general because none of them are NHL top six players.
I also agree that any of our current prospects ending up in the top 6 is really unlikely. I'm not saying Akeson or Straka are going to be amazing or that they're the answer to our problems, I'm saying I don't understand why McGinn has been given much more of a chance then them, especially when they're both closer to the type of player we need right now (at least in my opinion). All I want is to see Akeson, Cousins, and Straka being called up instead of McGinn. I'd like to see one of them on, what I consider the third line, with Schenn and Simmonds instead of Raffl and then put Raffl on the 4th line to replace either Rinaldo or Rosehill (I really don't care which on right now, although Rinaldo has been hurting a lot more than helping lately and Rosehill is mostly invisible in a good way).

Old
12-11-2013, 04:46 PM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
We need more big, stay at home defenseman who can hit and fight.

Old
12-11-2013, 04:47 PM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Quote:
Yeah, I've never really understood some fans love for McGinn. Is he a decent player? Sure. But I don't see him ever being an NHL regular on anything other than the third or fourth line, if that.

I also agree that any of our current prospects ending up in the top 6 is really unlikely. I'm not saying Akeson or Straka are going to be amazing or that they're the answer to our problems, I'm saying I don't understand why McGinn has been given much more of a chance then them, especially when they're both closer to the type of player we need right now (at least in my opinion). All I want is to see Akeson, Cousins, and Straka being called up instead of McGinn. I'd like to see one of them on, what I consider the third line, with Schenn and Simmonds instead of Raffl and then put Raffl on the 4th line to replace either Rinaldo or Rosehill (I really don't care which on right now, although Rinaldo has been hurting a lot more than helping lately and Rosehill is mostly invisible in a good way).

ah but he got those 3 greaser goals and was our leading scorer for a few games. he's the next super-star.

Old
12-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post
ah but he got those 3 greaser goals and was our leading scorer for a few games. he's the next super-star.
Pffft how could I forget the deflection and two open net backhands?!?!?!

Old
12-11-2013, 05:04 PM
MP92
Catching flies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Honestly, Im not even pissed anymore about that. It was 4 years ago but it feels even longer, especially since our team is drastically different now.

Closed Thread