HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Matt Fraser

Old
12-17-2013, 09:41 PM
The Sweetness

vCash: 500
Matt Fraser

Hey, what do people think it would take to get Matt Fraser from the Bruins? He seems to have a great shot but it remains to be seen if he has what it takes to succeed in the NHL.

Would a 4th be fair value? I honestly have no idea.

The Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 11:35 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
Hey, what do people think it would take to get Matt Fraser from the Bruins? He seems to have a great shot but it remains to be seen if he has what it takes to succeed in the NHL.

Would a 4th be fair value? I honestly have no idea.
No, I don't think that would interest the Bruins. They acquired him because they like him. He's big, strong, plays with good hustle and jam, and in the minors he's been an absolutely lethal shooter. Whether or not he can translate that to the NHL remains to be seen but I think if you want him you'd have to give the Bruins a reason to move him. Given the B's draft history, a 4th round pick = giving him away for free.

12-18-2013, 12:17 AM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
No, I don't think that would interest the Bruins. They acquired him because they like him. He's big, strong, plays with good hustle and jam, and in the minors he's been an absolutely lethal shooter. Whether or not he can translate that to the NHL remains to be seen but I think if you want him you'd have to give the Bruins a reason to move him. Given the B's draft history, a 4th round pick = giving him away for free.
Thanks for the info. What do you think is fair value?

Old
12-18-2013, 01:01 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Fair value isn't much so not much sense in the Bruins trading him. He's got some problems at the NHL level that aren't particular close to being solved so better to tough it out then trade him for a third or fourth or a similar prospect who's having a tough time making an NHL impact.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 07:50 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
Thanks for the info. What do you think is fair value?
I don't think it makes much sense to deal him for a draft pick since they'd probably just draft a guy who, if everything went right, would be about where Fraser is, in 3-4 years.

I don't think it makes much sense to swap him for a prospect at another position since they've got some decent prospects at F, D and G.

I guess, the only scenario that makes sense to me would be if they moved him for someone who they thought could help now. i.e. A deadline rental.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 06:33 PM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
I don't think it makes much sense to deal him for a draft pick since they'd probably just draft a guy who, if everything went right, would be about where Fraser is, in 3-4 years.

I don't think it makes much sense to swap him for a prospect at another position since they've got some decent prospects at F, D and G.

I guess, the only scenario that makes sense to me would be if they moved him for someone who they thought could help now. i.e. A deadline rental.
Understandable. What would you offer for him if you were supporting another team?