HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vancouver-Toronto -NEW-

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2013, 12:06 AM
  #1
Toxic
Blackhawk Down
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Vancouver
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 50
Vancouver-Toronto -NEW-

Sorry for the last proposal, I never knew it was bad until the mod deleted it. It was not a troll, I honestly thought it was a equal trade.

To Vancouver
Dion Phaneuf
Tyler Bozak

To Toronto
Alex Edler
Ryan Kesler

Phaneuf>Edler
Kesler>Bozak

Maybe Leafs can add a bit, since Kesler is more developed than Bozak.
And Kesler is a 1B player and Bozak is bit of a 2B

Please if the trade is bad let me know, instead of just using sarcasm to show how bad it is.

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:07 AM
  #2
Moore Money
ehhh real good
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kickapoo
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,045
vCash: 500
solid proposal. I'm sure Gillis would do it.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:08 AM
  #3
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,630
vCash: 1800
Stop, please.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:09 AM
  #4
Toxic
Blackhawk Down
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Vancouver
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
solid proposal. I'm sure Gillis would do it.
Thanks, and ya Kind of works for both teams, since Leafs need a defensive center.
And Nucks get a young offensive Center, plus they got Horvat coming up in a few years, so losing Kesler won't hurt as much. (Not saying Horvat will turn into Kesler)

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:10 AM
  #5
HockeySens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,289
vCash: 500
Vancouver will not do this, I think Phaneuf and Edler are pretty close in value but Kesler>>Bozak

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:10 AM
  #6
Lord Flacko*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
****ing terrible. just stop. This is obviously not as bad ass the pile of **** you proposed last time but we would never do this deal for Kesler alone.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:11 AM
  #7
Sonic Disturbance
Grandmaster User
 
Sonic Disturbance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: China
Posts: 2,131
vCash: 50
I'm a Leafs fan, but please, please stop embarassing our fanbase.

More like:

Phaneuf > Edler as a player slightly, but Phaneuf is a UFA, so Edler > Phaneuf in trade value.

Kesler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bozak.

It's hard to believe you're not trolling because you just called Colton Orr a PWF in the other thread.

Sonic Disturbance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:11 AM
  #8
Toxic
Blackhawk Down
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Vancouver
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
****ing terrible. just stop. This is obviously not as bad ass the pile of **** you proposed last time but we would never do this deal for Kesler alone.
Can you please tell me why its so bad? You guys complain about Edler so much, and you guys get a 1#D

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:12 AM
  #9
Nuckles
Stupid Sexy Crosby
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Benning's empty head
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,336
vCash: 50
The Canucks aren't going to trade their young top pairing d-man SIGNED LONG TERM TO A GOOD CAP HIT for a similar d-man that is an UPCOMING UFA and could be seeking a huge contract with the cap rising.

And I don't need to explain why they would never trade Kesler for Bozak.

__________________

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:12 AM
  #10
ghostingtaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 547
vCash: 500
Vancouver has no need for either guy from TO.

ghostingtaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:12 AM
  #11
Moore Money
ehhh real good
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kickapoo
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamkos 91 View Post
Thanks, and ya Kind of works for both teams, since Leafs need a defensive center.
And Nucks get a young offensive Center, plus they got Horvat coming up in a few years, so losing Kesler won't hurt as much. (Not saying Horvat will turn into Kesler)
Bozak/Kesler swap would definitely make the Canucks legit contenders in the west.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:13 AM
  #12
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 400
DP is an upcoming UFA who wants a huge deal and terribly overrated while Bozak is also terribly overrated and horribly overpaid, for a top pairing Dman and a 1BC both on excellent contracts.

God awful proposal, like Douggilmour93 bad.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:13 AM
  #13
Toxic
Blackhawk Down
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Vancouver
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Dragon 81 View Post
I'm a Leafs fan, but please, please stop embarassing our fanbase.

More like:

Phaneuf > Edler as a player slightly, but Phaneuf is a UFA, so Edler > Phaneuf in trade value.

Kesler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bozak.

It's hard to believe you're not trolling because you just called Colton Orr a PWF in the other thread.
Hard to believe your a Leafs fan when your embarrassing Bozak like that.
And I did not mean PWF, I mean kind of like a Grinder/Enforcer

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:15 AM
  #14
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 18,125
vCash: 500
Take out Kesler and I pass from the Canucks end. Wouldn't pick up Bozak off waivers...

Any Edler to Toronto deal starts with Nazem Kadri. The Canucks would be looking to get younger and more skilled up front if he's dealt.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:16 AM
  #15
McHortton
Accidental Tank 2016
 
McHortton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 500
No one wants Bozak. Please and thank you. Stop these terrible trade proposals.

McHortton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:17 AM
  #16
HockeySens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamkos 91 View Post
Hard to believe your a Leafs fan when your embarrassing Bozak like that.
And I did not mean PWF, I mean kind of like a Grinder/Enforcer
He's right tho, Kesler>>>>>>Bozak, you wouldnt even get Kesler for that

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:17 AM
  #17
Lord Flacko*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamkos 91 View Post
Can you please tell me why its so bad? You guys complain about Edler so much, and you guys get a 1#D
First of all Phaneuf is not a #1D, if he is then Edler is one too. He wouldn't even be the best defensemen on our team, Hamhuis is better.

Edler has way more trade value than Phaneuf at this point because he is signed for 6 more years at 5mill per season while Phaneuf is a UFA in June.

Bozak is a 3rd liner getting paid 4.2mill, he has negative value.

So we wouldn't do this for Edler alone... and then you have us adding Ryan Kesler who is a 60 point 2-way forward.

Would you do this: Booth+Bieksa for Kessel

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:17 AM
  #18
25Bieksa3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
I think suicide might be the only option for me after reading this proposal. That post and I cannot exist on the same planet. It was nice knowing all of you.

25Bieksa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:18 AM
  #19
Hockey 4 Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Take out Kesler and I pass from the Canucks end. Wouldn't pick up Bozak off waivers...

Any Edler to Toronto deal starts with Nazem Kadri. The Canucks would be looking to get younger and more skilled up front if he's dealt.
It also would end with kadri as well. Toronto doesn't need an Edler type dman so pass unless its Edler for an underpayment.

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:20 AM
  #20
Toxic
Blackhawk Down
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Vancouver
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
First of all Phaneuf is not a #1D, if he is then Edler is one too. He wouldn't even be the best defensemen on our team, Hamhuis is better.

Edler has way more trade value than Phaneuf at this point because he is signed for 6 more years at 5mill per season while Phaneuf is a UFA in June.

Bozak is a 3rd liner getting paid 4.2mill, he has negative value.

So we wouldn't do this for Edler alone... and then you have us adding Ryan Kesler who is a 60 point 2-way forward.

Would you do this: Booth+Bieksa for Kessel
You comparing Kesler to Kessel is a joke.

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:20 AM
  #21
Nazemlupul
Registered User
 
Nazemlupul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Vaughan,ON
Posts: 5,601
vCash: 500
Brutual for the nucks

Nazemlupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:21 AM
  #22
Lord Flacko*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamkos 91 View Post
You comparing Kesler to Kessel is a joke.
Lmao your trade proposals are a joke.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:22 AM
  #23
Sonic Disturbance
Grandmaster User
 
Sonic Disturbance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: China
Posts: 2,131
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamkos 91 View Post
Hard to believe your a Leafs fan when your embarrassing Bozak like that.
And I did not mean PWF, I mean kind of like a Grinder/Enforcer
Bozak is a 45-50 point player while playing first-line minutes and first PP with Kessel and Van Riemsdyk. He's also soft, weak and overrated defensively.

Kesler is a 60-65 point player who plays on the second line without far inferior linemates (with the exception of a stint with the Sedins earlier in the season). He's also much grittier, more physical and a former Selke winner.

Once again, Kesler >>>>>>>>>>>>. Bozak.

Sonic Disturbance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:25 AM
  #24
Shanahanigans
Registered User
 
Shanahanigans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,624
vCash: 500
How is Edler doing for the Canucks this year anyways? I knew he struggled a bit last year and I hoped the Oilers could get him on a discount.

Shanahanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:27 AM
  #25
Toxic
Blackhawk Down
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Vancouver
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
How is Edler doing for the Canucks this year anyways? I knew he struggled a bit last year and I hoped the Oilers could get him on a discount.
No doubt you guys can get him, You guys are full of stars.
You could trade Yakapuv for Edler ++

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.