HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

La-cal

Old
12-11-2013, 07:15 AM
Ashasx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Person is hardly junk.
He's a B prospect without top 6 upside. We have plenty of that in Calgary.

We aren't trading our best player (who isn't old) who's playing the best hockey of his career for a bunch of middling pieces that really don't help our top end at all.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 08:05 AM
JureEe
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post

We aren't trading our best player (who isn't old) who's playing the best hockey of his career for a bunch of middling pieces that really don't help our top end at all.
actually he is projected to be 1st LW on Kopitars wing.. (by many fans on this site)

JureEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JureEe View Post
actually he is projected to be 1st LW on Kopitars wing.. (by many fans on this site)
lol ok then

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 08:51 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
lol ok then
You don't have to believe. Frankly, I could care less if you do. But reality is he is thought of very highly by Kings brass, especially the GM, and has been spoken of as the likely eventual replacement for Justin Williams since they do play similar styles. The kids got hands, decent speed, and didn't look out of place at all playing with the bigger boys in the occasional shift on a scoring line during his recall.

A 25 goal, 60 point player is certainly well within projection. But please, continue to assume you know more about our own prospect than we do.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Why does LA need another defenseman?

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 10:09 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
That's a massive overpayment.

It's basically three 1st, if you consider that Stoll and Clifford can both fetch a 2nd each, which could be an equivalent to a 1st.
lol, your logic is terrible.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:

Where or better yet how did you come to such a horrible conclusion about Pearson?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:34 PM
SmokesLetsGo

vCash: 150
Nah I dont see it. Giordano is arguably one of Calgarys best players right now, and trading him would only make things worse. Stoll and Clifford won't make a huge difference in CAL, and will just blend in with the others. Also, I don't think LA needs a defencemen THAT badly.

SmokesLetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
We need a long-term partner for Doughty and Gio would be perfect, but I don't think either team gives what it takes to get the right deal. We're in win-now mode so roster players are mostly a nonstarter, and CGY would need at least one going back.

I think the highest I'd go is Forbort, Clifford/Pearson/Kozun, and a 1st, and I still don't think Calgary touches it, which is more than fair on their part.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
Quote:

You obviously have zero knowledge about him because he's absolutely projected to be in our top six.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Trolfoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
We need a long-term partner for Doughty and Gio would be perfect, but I don't think either team gives what it takes to get the right deal. We're in win-now mode so roster players are mostly a nonstarter, and CGY would need at least one going back.

I think the highest I'd go is Forbort, Clifford/Pearson/Kozun, and a 1st, and I still don't think Calgary touches it, which is more than fair on their part.
Couldn't agree more. Not sure who the Kings should go after. Cap is an issue. Clifford/Pearson/1st not sure how other teams see that value wise. Hmmm

Trolfoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:

Forbort, Clifford + 1st would be really hard to say no to.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:

Greene and Mitchell should be re-signed. Voynov is here for a while. Muzzin and Martinez are capable. We have guys coming up the pipe (Bodnarchuck, Forbort). I'd rather go out and try to get that scoring left wing we never seem able to get. Clifford and Kozun are expendable. Pearson could have a spot as early as next year.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolfoli View Post
Couldn't agree more. Not sure who the Kings should go after. Cap is an issue. Clifford/Pearson/1st not sure how other teams see that value wise. Hmmm
I hope they go hard for a partner for Doughty in the off season. Lots of room with the cap going up

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:45 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Forbort, Clifford + 1st would be really hard to say no to.
Not as hard as it would be to give up. i would say no to that honestly.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:49 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Greene and Mitchell should be re-signed. Voynov is here for a while. Muzzin and Martinez are capable. We have guys coming up the pipe (Bodnarchuck, Forbort). I'd rather go out and try to get that scoring left wing we never seem able to get. Clifford and Kozun are expendable. Pearson could have a spot as early as next year.
Using sorta the same train of thought. We have Pearson, Zykov, Prohorkins ,Delauier Kityson and andy andy coming that play lw The need for a solid defenseman with mitchell and greene being hurt more often We need d more then lw imo

Old
12-11-2013, 03:43 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:

You know that most of the time I love you, but this isn't one of those times. What I don't get is why you think that we need to find a "perfect" long-term partner for Doughty, when we already have an efficient linemate in Muzzin. What's wrong with Muzzin? The guys gets his job done, they seem to work well together, has probably one of the most accurate slapshots on the team, recently been playing more physical AND he's extremely cheap for a top line pairing.

So, while you would prefer to pay top dollars (I know he's getting 4M now, but if he's going to play top line with DD, he'll eventually make 6M+ in a few years) and sacrifice our prospects and a #1 pick for Gio, I'll go the Lombardi route and go for the efficiency.

Last edited by The Black1963: 12-11-2013 at 03:49 PM.
The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 03:52 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:

I could understand from your perspective why you would view Pearson as a B prospect, because frankly you probably haven't seen much of him if any and Pearson really hasn't done a whole lot at the nhl level yet.

Having said that, I do disagree with your perspective, but I most certainly understand why you view him the way you do.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

I've thought about this issue, regarding Clifford as an extra part to deal...my conclusion is come playoff time this year we'll be glad we still have him.

In the offseason, I don't mind dealing Fraser, our 1st, Forbort or any other prospect we have to wait 2 years+ for to make the NHL team as an every day player. So obviously Toffoli is excluded, Vey is there, maybe Pearson. And I'm not looking for a parter for Doughty. He's so good he can make Muzzin look good. I'm looking for a partner for Voynov once Mitchell and Regher are done.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 04:52 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
These teams are terrible trading partners, LA's cupboard is trending towards empty (after spending to win the cup), and the Flames need top quality young prospects.

Plus we are not trading out recent Captain away (especially with how he is playing)

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 05:04 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
These teams are terrible trading partners, LA's cupboard is trending towards empty (after spending to win the cup), and the Flames need top quality young prospects.

Plus we are not trading out recent Captain away (especially with how he is playing)
I couldn't disagree more . We have toffoli jones and vey on roster. Pearson forbert shore andreoff gravel deslauriers ready in the ahl we also have Porkin Kitsyn zykov coming also long shots ebert Mersh Weal I m proberly missing a few with legit shots as am sure tg or cns or someone else will chime in. La has soild nhlers coming for years to come.

Old
12-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I couldn't disagree more . We have toffoli jones and vey on roster. Pearson forbert shore andreoff gravel deslauriers ready in the ahl we also have Porkin Kitsyn zykov coming also long shots ebert Mersh Weal I m proberly missing a few with legit shots as am sure tg or cns or someone else will chime in. La has soild nhlers coming for years to come.
Yup, cupboard is still pretty full.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 05:22 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

No to the OP. LA loses this trade big time.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 05:26 PM
LemmyClaude

Robbery by LA, Calgary would never touch that deal.

LemmyClaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

LA's cupboard isn't full...it's freaking overflowing. Prospects are ready to graduate and there are no NHL jobs for them as Lombardi is attempting to keep the 2012 squad together for as long as possible.

I mean our rookies this year like Jones and Toffoli are the talk of HF boards right now while we send down guys like Vey and waive guys like Ellerby. Guys who struggle to make LA like Zatkoff and Loktionov find full time positions on other teams. We had to unload Bernier because there was no job for him here for his ability. I could go on...

Bottom line, when the cap goes up, LA and Calgary will be excellent trading partners.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote